Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/28/2011 (Read 260 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I've got nothing.  Just figured we'd better start the new thread before people followed Dave over to last week's thread. Big grin

MTA: Last week's stuff

Amores Perros 92.5 mi 13:05:00
    gen76 60 mi 6:44:43
    pace2race  55.5 mi 9:16:58
    evanflein  55.1 mi 7:42:22
    CaraH 40.6 mi 6:07:57
    theyapper66 40.2 mi 6:11:24
    WillRunForBeer 39.7 mi 5:45:22
    irpete 32 mi 5:33:30
    lilcat19 24.7 mi 4:02:10
    Kimmie  19.5 mi 3:08:00
    Dutchie42 18.7 mi 3:49:33
    willamona 13.2 mi 2:20:27
    dgb2n  4 mi 39:03
    Cashmason  2.7 mi 23:46
    Bugs    
    rockenmamof5    
    jhallum 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996  0 mi 0:00

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Copying from my post to last week's thread.  You know its not good when you don't even notice Big grin

I had a couple of cut back weeks.  Not so much intentional as not being able to push through some rough travel and get onto a treadmill or out the door for a run.  Sad too because I had at least some of last week in Fort Lauderdale (without running, but I didn't do anything except work, sleep, and travel). 

Home for a good bit this week trying to dig out from under the snow and the email that was waiting for me when I got home.  Brought my gear so I expect to at least get a good run in today on the treadmill.

Really nice mileage again for Gen and Perry.  Slacker didn't even get 100.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

good morning!

3 easy this morning on sore legs from yesterday's race.

we got results back, and gosh that field was fast.

I don't think they had hardware for division placement, as this was a club challenge.  I have no idea how the scoring is done, but our club came in 7/10 coed, 7/10 men, 6/10 women

74:57 earned me 200/564 OA, 21/47 (50-54) div, 25/71 (50-59) div, 166/352 men, 3/7 div in club

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

good for you!!   Smile  (for the race, and running on those tired legs)

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice recovery run today - a little over 4.5 at a snail's pace.

Nice race, Lou.

So, who will be at National and are we eating something afterwards?  Crazy that I'm looking forward to that almost more than the race.  Probably because I won't feel like I'm dying during lunch.

Paul

Harriet and I will be there.  The same place seems simple enough.  Now if I can only remember where "the same place" is.  Smile  I'm sure it's in my email somewhere...

Kimmie

I will be there, possibly with a friend. That same place? It's called Mr. Henry 's. Super tired and didn't even run the past 2 days. Hoping for something decent tomorrow.
                  don't ever take any notice of my total minutes run, I don't load in my intervals correctly. I feel bad for Murphy, it sucks to mentally want to run, but be physically unable to. 7mi tempo with 7:30 pace, my best ever tempo :-)
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's close to Eastern Market metro. And there is parking on the diagonal road behind it. Those are things I remember. Or think I remember.

Got two unplanned progressions in today. And no hail or tornados (threatened in local weather forecast). Glad about that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

My 2nd to last PT appt last night. I feel great. Therapist told me to run some before my Thursday appointment. I plan on going out around the neighborhood tonight, weather permitting.

Good to hear, Murphy.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Gen, nice run!

Kim, Mr. Henry's!  Thanks for remembering.  http://www.mrhenrysrestaurant.com/

I overslept this morning -- Harriet woke me up at 4:15 saying, "weren't you planning to run 8 today?".  Oh, %^$&!  Turned it around in 30 minutes and got out the door -- normally I like 60 minutes to wake up fully, etc.

But got in my 8 @ 8:28/mi pace, if I remember right.

Dave

. 7mi tempo with 7:30 pace, my best ever tempo :-)

Sweet.

Nice to see you will be getting back out there, Murph.  Did anyone else only see the "rapist" in "Therapist".  I have issues Joking.

3.25 for me yesterday at work.  Waiting list for the treadmill so I had to keep it short.  1 mile warmup.  2 miles @ 8:00.  Brief cooldown.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

ok, so for National, we have me, Lou,  Harriet, Paul...

who else?  Perry?   Dave?

I ran 3.1 this morning with a friend... tomorrow is 7 planned... have to up the miles for sure.

Gen, very nice tempo run- you sure are fast.   That's awesome.

Murphy- glad to hear it... good news for sure.

Good job getting a run in, Dave, in spite of waiting list, etc....   

I did Body Pump this morning and have my final video this Thursday.   Should be fun.  Smile

Have a good one all!

theyapper

On the road again...

Did 5x800 repeats today for my speed work.  First intervals for me in a long time.  Ran the intervals uphill then recovered coming back down.

Tired. Dead

Paul

ok, so for National, we have me, Lou,  Harriet, Paul...

who else?  Perry?   Dave?

I'm seeing if tramps from masters group and his wife might come.  They're running the marathon but we will see if they can make it to Mr. Henry's.