Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/21 (Read 219 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm liking the unexpectedly warm weather we have now. Went for a group run this morning and expected mid to high 30s, but got low to high 40s -- had two long sleeve shirts on, but dumped one before leaving the house when I walked outside and was surprised by the warmth. (And skipped the warm hat, and stuck the gloves in my pockets and never used them.)

After about 12mi mostly in the group run, did some more on my own, mostly tempo -- not as fast as I'd expect for my tempo runs, but it was definitely a hard effort -- probably just tired Smile

So I got in a nice hard workout, not entirely planned. That seems to be the norm for me. I haven't the fortitude to commit to a hard workout in advance, but if I have company to help make some of the miles go by, then I'm more likely to get more in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Baby Nate...  more can be found starting at http://www.pbase.com/lking/image/120597551

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Wow, Lou and Perry-  that's some great running....

Correction:  I received a 310 XT Garmin.... MUCH  better than a 305, I'm told. Smile

Had to be at church this morning at 8:00 a.m. to start setting up for this musical that I directed today... so no run this morning, mostly because I wasn't going to get up at 4:30 or something.

I will head out in a few minutes for as much as I can squeeze in.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Awww, very cute photos Lou.

Kimmie

oh yes, I can't believe I didn't say how cute those pictures are!!!   What a good looking boy he is!
            Ringmaster

Now that's a beautiful sight--a cute baby dressed up for Christmas. Thanks!

Well, yeah, Kim, who'd get up at 4:30 to go running? That's just insane.   Hope the musical was great!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I hate waking up early for running, but I got to admit, I did a late group run today, and then ran more after it, and the big disadvantage of that, is that it was past noon by the time I was done. Gee I didn't realize so much of the day would be gone....

Ringmaster

Well, RP agrees with you all that I should make a go at my 26.2. So for now the plan is to run Tues & Thurs and set out for 18-20 on Saturday. Based on how that feels, I'll make a decision.

Look at what DH got me for Christmas:

Sorry the picture's so fuzzy. Digital camera died so my phone's my camera for now.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

Kimmie

oh wow, Karina, I love that!!   I have to know where he got it.

I missed the run.... ended up ice skating instead, which was fun, but not running.... time to get serious, 

like Lou- serious... Smile

Oh and I think you should run the 26.2 -  Did you hear back from the Dr.?   I didn't yet.

Pam, you feeling OK?

Cashmason

What great pictures Lou !

Vixi,  what a great present..... not to mention you have a whole bunch of medals.

Kimie what a neat new toy.... It is supposed to be more accurate and have a much longer battery life than the 305.

Would be great if you ever decide to do ultra's.  It is supposed to be waterproof so you can wear it swimming.  But it doesnt measure how far you swam.  

Good news is I lost 9 pounds in 2 hours.  Bad news is when I re hydrate, I will gain it all back.

evanflein

That is one damn cute baby. Seriously.

I like the medal rack, Vixi! Mine are all hanging on my bathrobe hook. Every time I take my bathrobe off it, they go "ching, ching, ching..." DH says I'm going to break the hook. After 16 marathons, it's getting pretty heavy.

So... I actually ran almost 31 miles last week. 30.9 to be exact. Sorta wish I'd gone another .1 mile on the treadmill today! I ran 12 miles today; 8 miles outside (about 3F, with windchill of -10F on the trip back up the hill) and 4 on the treadmill. Longest run in quite awhile. I'll be pool running tomorrow, and maybe some weights. Then I need to really get started on cleaning up this stoopid house!

Nice rack, Vix!  We have ours on hooks but I like the idea of having your name on top.

That's a good week, Erika -- you're building nicely.

3.1 miles, 29:29, 9:23/mi, AHR 130 (63% MHR)

Legs were tired from yesterday's run.  That means I'm doing it right Smile

How 'bout those 'skins?

(oops, wrong week -- I'll repost and start the week now )

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com