Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/26/2010 (Read 197 times)

Cashmason

I just checked your map Lou.

When I ran it,  the course was the same through mile 18.   But from there we ran over to Ingraham,  then over the bridge and into the MCRD.

No Fiesta Island at all.

Now it looks like they finish at Sea World after Fiesta Island.

There was no Half Marathon when I ran it,  but the purple shirts   TEAM in Training had a bus there to pick up their runners at the 13.1 mile mark.

And the race had time cut offs.   If you didnt reach mile 15 or so by a certain time,  they made you take a shuttle bus to a mile from the finish line so you could run in and get your picture taken.

Ran 3.75 at lunch. Felt fine.

Weigh in today.     Now Im down 23.6 lbs total = 12 percent. Im now in first technically. Although the woman who was in first didnt weigh in today--she was off. So if she lost even a pound shes ahead for now. Im really gonna focus this week and keep the calories in check and get my runs in. If I go into Monday at the same weight I weighed in at today, I'll be in real good shape to drop a big # next week.

This program has been great. We will probably have 4-5 people losing over 10% Any of us would have won the previous competitions with that amount of weight loss. I do worry that people are going to do some unhealthy craziness the last couple weeks to drop a lot. Im just going to keep doing what Im doing. Decided against any detox diet. I will run more and aabout what Ive been eating.

Cashmason

Good Luck Murph.

I am betting your  competitors will probably do massive dehydration prior to the final weigh in just like boxers and mma fighters do.

Dave

If the two top contenders had to fight afterwards, it would make a good weight loss competition even better.  Imagine how much more interesting "The Biggest Loser" would be with a cagefight at the finale.

MTA:  Got my echocardiogram results back.  Nothing to worry about apparently.  Minor to moderate Mitro valve prolapse.  You know its good news when the main treatment is "reassurance".  Running was encouraged.  I've got to watch the blood pressure though.  It was nice and low today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good news, Dave.

6 miles this morning, nice and easy, with Harriet, down almost to Mission Beach (maybe a mile away).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Glad to hear the good news, Dave.

Lou - looks like another enjoyable run for you.  I know you're enjoying the time there.

I got in 7 this morning.  Nothing major.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

If the two top contenders had to fight afterwards, it would make a good weight loss competition even better.  Imagine how much more interesting "The Biggest Loser" would be with a cagefight at the finale.

MTA:  Got my echocardiogram results back.  Nothing to worry about apparently.  Minor to moderate Mitro valve prolapse.  You know its good news when the main treatment is "reassurance".  Running was encouraged.  I've got to watch the blood pressure though.  It was nice and low today.

kinda like how I get my run in prior to the weigh ins each week? I should have held that back until the final week.

Cashmason

4 miles today  sans the dog.   9:02 pace.    With dog  final mile 10:30    without dog  final mile 8:36

Dog did do 8 mile walk in the am and sleeping nicely now.

G/f now excited about another new diet plan,  which starts today.   Which of course means I will be going on a diet whether I want to or not.

I am down ten pounds in last ten days, without trying to diet,  so we shall see what this does to me.

I am smart enough to not mention my own weight loss,  and listen to her success.

I am smart enough to not mention my own weight loss,  and listen to her success.

Good plan.  Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Off to an 8K this morning.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Murphy-  Good job on the weight loss.  I told Murphy this but never reported back to you guys.   The detox diet I tried made me really sick to my stomach.  I hope that doesn't meant that I eat so much junk that my body was shocked and went through withdrawal.  I abandoned it very quickly, though.  My husband travels and works a lot and I do a ton with the kids, training, and teaching music, that  I just can't afford to feel like crap, even for a few days.  So, my body will remain toxified, for now.  My biggest thing is cup of coffee in the morning.  I don't like being addicted to something, but I am.  Smile   So, this week, I will renew my efforts to increase fruits and vegetables.  My weight's down about 5 pounds since the surgery and hasn't gone back up, even with a lot less running.  So, that's good.

Speaking of running, I haven't been doing much.  I'm really liking the swimming I've been doing.  Not sure how long I should swim.  Usually, it's 45 minutes with short breaks to catch my breath.  I really need to learn proper form.  Any good videos to teach that?

I do have the Army Ten Miler in October, so I should get back to a regular running routine.  

All this talk of California makes me miss it.  Smile

Dave, glad you've  got nothing to worry about.   I think that's what we all said.  Could have saved yourself a trip to the Dr. Smile

Lou- super cute baby video.   I know you're having a blast.

Cash- why do you think you've lost so much weight?

I start my music camp tomorrow.  12 kids in the morning and 10 kids in the afternoon.   All things music, plus they'll learn how to play the recorder.

Should be fun and hopefully I won't feel the need to drink a bottle of wine every  night.

Good morning (still).  Quick 11 miler down to Pacific Beach (Mission Beach?), almost to the point but not quite.  8:11/mi overall, but the slog back slightly uphill hurt my average pace.

At the beach, I kept almost catching up to some guy, but I guess he didn't want to get passed.  I think I could have taken him, but that wasn't what this run was all about.

Hey, the sun is out -- we're hitting the beach!

Dave

Sounds like you're having a great time, Lou.

Cash, I'm envious of those who have the wisdom to recognize relationship hazards such as the one that you described and the self control to actually follow through.  I'm reasonably astute a the recognition and less capable of the self control. 

Kim, hope you get back to more running soon.  The Army 10 Miler is just a couple of months away.  I am definitely running but still struggling with my conditioning.  I will probably have another ticket into the race if anyone wants to run it.  I have to assign it before 3 September so let me know.

7 and a little this morning.  I tried in vain to keep my HR down but didn't want to slow down to a walk.  By mile 6 I was very leg weary and a bit dehydrated.  Glad I got out there though.  

More travels again next week (and I just earned the dubious distinction of making "Gold" status on Delta).  I should have some good mileage vacations at some point in the future.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave, glad the heart thing was nothing serious.

Good job losing weight Kimmie, even with less running.

Walked 4 miles with baby this AM on the trail. Very nice time. Going to do another mile or so with her shortly--then Im going to do a run of my own. Shooting for 12 miles. I porbably ate more calories than Id like this weekend, but getting a long run in plus the walks should put me in good shape. hoping to be at or under my Friday weigh in weight tomorrow, even without a lunchtime run. If I can get up, I will run early in the am. Im hoping to put in some big miles week in preperation for the half marathon (or maybe a full) in September.

Cashmason

Kimmie,

We are usually told to look at  a cd  called  Total Immersion:  Freestyle made easy.

I just googled it and a Japanese site seems to have the cd on the web for free.  Its in English, but the writing on the side of the page looks like Kanji.