Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/17 (Read 251 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm starting the thread 2 weeks in a row???  What is this world coming to??

Recovery run this morning.  A really nice 4 miles.  Seems I handled the 14 miler pretty well over the week-end.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

thanks for keeping us on track, Paul.  You're training is going really well. 

I'm running tonight again.  I can't decide if I'm going to try to make up my missed long run from over the weekend.  We had a great time with family and I told myself not to stress about the running.  I knew it would be tough to get miles in.  We all slept in the same hotel room- didn't want to wake  up the kids with an early morning run- so I just did what I could, which amounted to 4 miles or so every day.  Beautiful running along the river in Louisville, though.   So, the plan said 16 for this past weekend.  I could try to get that in tonight.  I'll ponder that some today.   If I run 16 today and run 22 on Saturday, I don't know if that will be too close together.

Took some time to read up on the thread while we were driving.   There's some good running going on in here!!  

Dave, get out there!!!  Smile  Don't know how competitive you are-  but now you can't let your DW beat you!!!  Smile

Have a good one!

Bugs

Jeremy,

Sorry I missed your race. I am way behind on RA and am a terrible team mate. Think you did great. When I grow up I sure hope I can run like you.

Dave,

If you know what is good for you, you will let your wife beat you now and then.

My Ragnar race is friday. Really busy getting everything ready to take off. Then Saturday night we're all staying in the cities and go clubbing. Should be a good race report, but may take me till Sunday to post it.

Bugs

Dave

More miles doesn't mean beating me .

Work has just been getting the better of me lately.  Crazy stress already this week.  Will need to run just to keep my sanity.

May try and run tonight.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Hey, I'm back home, got in late yesterday afternoon (5'ish) and spent the evening unpacking, doing laundry and working in the garden. But I did manage to get in a nice 3.3 mile recovery run on the treadmill, wrapping up a PR week of 62.3 miles for me. Best thing about that is it means I get a cutback week this week! I think I'll try to go pool running tonight. Will be my first day off regular running since July 21.

Bugs, have fun at the Ragnar relay. Those are a blast! And I've been bad about not posting lately, too. Hard to do it when you're on the road and have limited (or no) internet access.

How's Pam doing? What did Jelly do this weekend?

Hope your run goes well Kimmie!

Getting close to race bugs sounds like a GOOD TIME will be had!! Can't wait to hear RR!

Hey Dave sorry work has been so hectic lets hope it eases a bit so you can get more running in Smile Hope to hear you got in a nice run tonight!

WB Erika! CONGRATS on the PR in weekly milage. I had one of those too (last week lol) Enjoy your cut back week ( I know I am mine)

As for me, recovery is going well *knock on wood* Today will be my first day of doubles. Kids are gone for the week and so I'm taking advantage of that. Especially since starting next week (until school starts) all my running at least during the week will be at night. Kept this mornings run really short and had a nice enjoyable mile and a half walk afterwards. Trying to do what I can to not over do it. Anyway guess I need to get something to eat cause Ken will be ready to go run shortly. 

Hope everyone's having a great Monday Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Erika -- heckova week!

Bugs -- you getting excited?  I forget - is this your first relay?

Good job on the 14, Paul!

Way to get out there, Kim.

Glad you're getting better Pam.

Let's see, who am I missing.  Oh yeah, Dave.  Mornings!  Mornings!

Where's Cash?

Just a recovery run for me this morning...

3.1 miles, 29:22, 9:22/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Erika,

Great job on the high mileage week. I need to get my butt and legs running more.

Lou,

Are you clearing out all the baby stuff from the stores? Gotta feeling your the spoil the kid kind of grandpa.

They shorted one of my ragnar legs and now my total distance is only 12 miles. There is another girl that is a bit faster me but not as many miles in training. (She doesn't run weekends and her longest run in training was 8 miles, mine was 15 miles). She wants to switch. I honestly feel like taking all this time off and hassle, an expense is a bit nuts for just 12 miles. My total  miles would be 15 for the race if I switch with her. Do I want more miles for my registration? Seems more fun than sitting in  a car.

I'm sort of freaked about ragnar. You can be disqualified if someones sees you pee or poop in a field, but what if there is an emergency stop needed, it's not like you can perfectly plan this stuff around exchange points. I guess my only goal for Friday night is not to poop my pants.

Bugs

Dave

Congrats on the good 14 miler, Paul.

Hope you got your 16 in today, Kim.

Congrats on another PR week, Erika.  You've been cranking the mileage lately.

5 miles for me tonight just at twilight.  1 warm up, 3 hard progressive tempo miles, and 1 cooldown.  Overall average was 8:18 per mile and the tempo miles went from 7:55 down to about a 7:20.

I know I've not been running enough to support the hard tempo work but I needed the stress relief.  

I poured out all of my job and move stress and ran until I felt like hurling.  I started out easy, then my music got to a song that just begged to crank it.  It was great .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave,

A new job is stressful, one that requires a moving so far is big time stressful. You need to run lots.

Me and my friend are very serous about flying to a marathon late November or early December. After ragnar will commit to it. Will be interesting getting a 20 mile long run done in November.

Bugs

Bugs - I already bought him his first baseball glove and ball (his parents are both serious Red Sox fans).  He still hasn't arrived -- his mom will go in today to see if there's room in labor/delivery and if so will be induced tomorrow.  If not, I still have a chance to go up there the end of the week.  PDR is, of course, going up regardless.

From all I've heard about Ragnar, it's going to be a great experience and a lot of fun.

Nice run, Dave -- bet that felt good.

Speaking of feeling good, with the adjustment to my BP meds, I have much better energy.  Even tho it was warm at 68° and humid this morning, it felt cooler than it's been feeling -- my theory is that the BP meds were messing up my cooling system.  (Or, Dave, should I say that the meds made my cooling system go TU?)

8.2 miles, 1:06:58, 8:12/mi, AHR 158 (81% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

First kid I've heard of who got a glove and ball before birth Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

7.15 miles and I got skunked this morning.  

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hail to The Victors!

I'm sort of freaked about ragnar. You can be disqualified if someones sees you pee or poop in a field, but what if there is an emergency stop needed, it's not like you can perfectly plan this stuff around exchange points. I guess my only goal for Friday night is not to poop my pants.

My buddy from the Cities ran the Ragnar in Seattle this summer, he loved every second of it.  Hopefully you will too. Don't stress too much about it, and just go out and have fun.  They sound like a blast, I have yet to do one of these big relay road races, I would love to do one...one of these days. 

Kimmie

Lou-  I know you guys are excited!  I can't wait to see pictures.

Bugs- you could switch legs if that's what you wanted to do.  I thought the same thing when I ran the relay... all of this for only 15 miles?   But it's more about the experience.  I think you will find that because you run marathons, you will have an advantage over those who don't.

Dave-  WOO HOO!!!   I love runs like that.  I hope you continue to get out there and feel more adjusted to being in MI.

Pace-  Skunked?  Ew!!   I've never had that happen.

Ok, well, I didn't run last night and it's for a very frustrating reason... I was doing push-ups, of all things, and I heard my knee pop.  These were toe pushups.  I guess I kind of hyperextended?   who knows?   All I know is, I've never had that happen before and then I was limping and it really hurt.   So, I thought I better not go run 16 miles.  So, I'm a little down and trying to get back some mojo.  I don't want to make excuses, but this summer schedule it killing me a little bit.  DH works early and late and I have the kiddos all day... which is awesome, but not super conducive to running.  Smile  Ok, I think my whining is done.