Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Bugs

So glad Erika made it through NYC. Great job. That's not easy to training for a running event in the pool. Cash, how did it go????????????? jhall, I think junk miles are important too...pace isn't even an issue for these. It's all about making your next run better. I'm stoked. I ran 52 miles this week. Lots of easy miles, but a few key workouts. This is the best come-back post marathon ever, and I credit it to easy miles and doubles. I'm scared the removal of the lymph node on Tuesday will set me back. Well isn't this a pickel. I've been bitching about gas prices forever like everyone else. Then I got notice that I inherited some mineral rights and a company wanted to check for oil. Siblings had to re-open estate to get deed transfered and it's all been quite stressful. Well shit, now oil prices fell and I'm scared the mining company will bail. So ironically I'm one of the few working class joes hoping gas prices will go back up. Roll eyes

Bugs

Kimmie

yea Erika! Nice job and can't wait for the report. Wow, Bugs, you rocked your weekly mileage. I am so anxious to get a decent amount this week. I have a grand total of 9 miles this past week. Today I ran a 5K with my client, who was running her first. I became a little drill sergeantish on her as she wanted to walk... I was even surprised at how much I was pushing her. She finished in 31 min. That is really good for her... she's been on the treadmill almost exclusively and this course had some pretty significant hills. i was happy for her that she accomplished a huge goal. Good runs all. Nice training, Jhallum.

Bugs

Kimmie, Very cool that you paced your friend for first 5K. That's not too shabby of a time for first 5K. Love those 'first' race experiences. Add miles back when your ready. Look at my log, I had weeks that were not too much either. I'm a big believer in running by time post marathon. You shouldn't be running over 60 minutes those first few weeks.

Bugs

GREAT JOB ERIKA! pushed my long run to tomorrow. Was busy working all day, and feel tightness in my left calf after pushing the pace yesterday. Tomorrow was a scheduled off day..so just a bit of a change in schedule..but not sacrificing any miles.
          Cashmason

I am with Murph. Some tightness in the calf. Last year 1 hour 47 minutes. This year 1 hour 31, same course. 4 minutes faster on the swim. faster on the bike and run too. Saw 4 people crash on the bike, and one guy dropped his chain ( his chain fell off the gears, easy to fix, but you have to get off the bike, get your hands greasy and put the chain back on. Or you can find a twig and lift the chain back on, and not get your hands dirty). No crashes worse than road rash, but one guy went to the hospital with road rash. We had light rains today, and the road was slippery. Everyone I saw go down, did so going too fast around corners. I stayed upright, but did just miss hitting the head of the guy ahead of me who fell.

Oh Mighty Wing

WAY TO GO CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are huge awesome improvements!!! And way to go staying upright!
              Kimmie

Saw 4 people crash on the bike, .
                this right here would be enough for me to pack it in and go home. I'm a baby...... Cash, you're tough.