Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/10/2011 (Read 242 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Good morning.  We've got 3 inches of snow on the ground and another 3-4 expected throughout the day.  Yes, I'm still planning on running in it later.

Threads that we might need to continue from last week:

1) Pam got hit by a car while crossing a street with a green light??!  Glad you're okay, Pam.

2) Kim, again, awesome job on the race in Disney.

3) Erika, my next HM is National at the end of March.

4) The Seahawks really did win.  It wasn't a dream.

Anything else?  Have an awesome Monday!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

typical monday so far. Packed my gym bag and left it at home--realized this and went to get it but my wife grabbed it thinking she could catch me..and that didnt happen. Oh well, only had 3 miles scheduled for today--I will get them in tonight.

theyapper

On the road again...

Took me awhile, but my race report from my marathon in December is over on my blog.

My Second 26.2 Mile Meltdown

Paul

Dave

I enjoyed your blog post, Paul.  Somehow you made a 25 minute PR  sound like an awful death march.  Still a great result. 

I sort of fell off the bandwagon last weekend with the arrival of our new puppy.  He went to the vet today.  He's got a parasite (not unusual for a rescue dog but enough for some extra "accidents" in the house.  Vet said he has no Beagle in him most likely.  Spaniel/Pointer mix.  Sure is cute.  Sure is cute.  Hoping he turns into a running partner.

Trying to get a break from work and nail down some treadmill time.  Snow falling now.  We're supposed to get 2-4.

So sorry to hear about your accident, Pam. 

Nice job at Disney, Kim.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Dave! We need pictures! And not some far away blurry shot like Cashmason's avatar. Good puppy pictures. Please.

Gotta read Paul's report. I started it but got sidetracked.

I'll be treadmilling a lot this week too, I suspect. Sort of iffy weather out there, but I don't see any reason for all the "winter weather advisory" notices we have.

Great report Paul. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Ran in the snow today. 3 miles not sure of the exact pace  - my Garmin was dead. So I ran my normal route which takes me from the street to the park..the trail in the park wasnt cleared but there were a few footprints to follow. Probably about 2-3" of snow on the ground. It was snowing pretty hard by the end of the run. I enjoyed the run.

I really need to find the time and energy to get a coupe runs longer longer than 3 miles in this week.

Dave--keep your eye on the prize!  - I expect to see you in Cincinnati in May. IPost puppy pics! On a somewhat related note I need to post pictures of my daughter. Theres a hilarious one with her and Santa and some cute ones from the portrait studio. My facebook friends may have seen them.

Erika--we have school closings and delays even before the first flake hits the ground. Its ridiculous here how people over-react.

theyapper

On the road again...

Gotta read Paul's report. I started it but got sidetracked.

Easy to see why.  It got kind of long.

Today is when I wish I had a treadmill.  They 4 inches of snow we got (that was easy to run in yesterday) got covered with freezing rain and sleet overnight and the roads are slippery - big time.  Not the best conditions for a tempo run.

I did download a coupon for a 7 day trial membership at Gold's Gym, so maybe I'll head there later to use their treadmills.

Paul

Kimmie

Hi Everybody!

I thank you so much for all of the support.  I really had no business running that race on such little training, so I'm super thankful that I could run a negative split and come away uninjured.

I did write a report and put it in the race report sticky

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/CRMarathonTrainers/forum/Post/e0d2613903964df9b9d9083d174ec557#focus

Somebody fix that, please, if I didn't link it correctly.

I would love to hear from Pam.  I guess I'll go check FB.

Hey Paul-  great report.   The marathon is a tricky beast, ain't it?

Dave- congrats on the new puppy.  I know you're loving it.   I'm trying hard to continue to hold off on a dog.

We did get guinea pigs for Christmas , though.

Murphy, pictures!   I guess I'll go check FB.

That's all.

theyapper

On the road again...

Great report, Kimmie.  Almost made me want to sign up to run Disney.  Almost.

The part I really related to was this: "I crossed the finish and then walked around and waited for Maureen.  She ended up with bad cramping the last 10 miles and finished in 4:50."  Not the waiting around for a friend, but the cramping Maureen part.  Wink  That makes for a brutal end to a race (or so I've heard Big grin Wink.

Roads cleared enough for me to run, and I did 4.5 miles of tempo @ 8:16 with a warmup and cooldown for 6.5 total.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Finally got a fast long run in -- been moaning and complaining about how I never do that for over a year. Got one in, unplanned, today, Very happy about it. Had two intervals in the middle, and a fast (for me) finish over the last 3 miles.

Enjoyed Paul's report - cept that must have been frustrating there at the end.

Congratulations super-Kim on running marathon without training Smile

Also saw Pam posted she had a great workout today.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Nice race report Kimmie!

Spent my run time this morning shoveling out.  Tomorrow will be more miles than degrees.  Speaking of dogs and puppies, DD dropped off her Husky today since she had to work and it was getting too much apartment alone time.  DW and DS2 had snow days.  Huskys are awesome winter dogs.  It's blowing and in the teens now and she wants to stay out in the backyard.  Our Aussies keep going back and forth from freezing out. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Huskys are awesome winter dogs.  It's blowing and in the teens now and she wants to stay out in the backyard. 

Heh, I could say some smart ass comment like "Who would've ever imagined that??" ... but I won't. Oh wait, I did. Wink Yeah, our tenants have an old malamute/husky cross and she gets way too hot inside, much prefers being out.

And Perry says he had a fast (for him) finish. Please note that for the rest of us, this would be a PR tempo run... Glad you got your long run in, I know how that is to feel like you're just not getting the distance/speed you want.

Sounds like Pam is ok, whew!

Gym day at lunch today, gonna run after work. Not much, maybe 5 miles with some repeats of some sort.

Dave

Dave! We need pictures! And not some far away blurry shot like Cashmason's avatar. Good puppy pictures. Please.

He went to the vet today with a problem with his right eye (you can see just a hint of the irritation in the photo).  He wasn't successfully dewormed and it was causing some, ahem, potty issues and the vet tells us he doesn't have any beagle at all in him.  Mostly pointer and spaniel mix.  Should be a big boy.  Somewhere around 50-70 pounds.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I haven't found time to post, much less read the reports -- I will try to soon, though

8 miles @ 8:47/mi, calling it GA, yesterday, but it was slower than I usually like.  Not sure what the issue is but I am sure it's temporary.

Dave, does your dog have a name yet?  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

3 treadmill miles today at lunch. May have run outside but I forgot a change of socks and the ones in my gym bag were soaking wet from yesterday's run.

Call me crazy, but I am considering doing this.. http://www.northcoast24.org/

My brother in law is running it. I figure worst case I can treat it as a marathon, and trudge through whatever additional miles I can do. Who's with me?