Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/13/2010 (Read 136 times)

Hey guys Smile Hope everyone's had a great week!  My husband is finally home from San Francisco so I get a chance to relax while he makes dinner.  Had 20 planned for today however due to Ken's last minute flight change (he was supposed to be home yesterday however his flight was canceled and  not only did he end up arriving this morning at 6 am but at Philadelphia airport instead of Allentown which made for a VERY early morning for the twins and myself) I decided to do a speed workout and do 20 tomorrow. I'm on my 3rd complete week of wearing nothing but Vibrams and  I am liking it!  My feet haven't really enjoyed the freezing wind earlier in the week however they sure did enjoy today's weather. Wasn't sure what to expect from today's run but I sure didn't expect it to not only go so well but to feel so "easy" Sure hope my next race has weather like this because I will be setting a nice new shiny PR if it is!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

10.1 miles today, starting up at a little over 1,400 ft and temp of +1° (heat wave!) at the trailhead, then down the hill through trails and rural roads, down to about 400 ft at the finish. The coldest spot was about -16° by the lake a couple miles before I was done. I was so frosty at the end!! DH took a picture of me, but I can't find the stupid cable for the camera to download it. Here's the profile. The pace blip at mile 2 was a pee stop in the snowbank. Blush