Marathon Trainers

4/28-5/4 (Read 210 times)

Bugs

Me want race reports! 8 miles in 1:10, 8:45 pace. That was hard. Over 40 miles this week. Smile Finally!

Bugs

Happy Camper

I just had to check in for the race results. Hope Murph & Brian both had good days and good weather to run in. Big difference between today and yesterday. I decided to midly taper leading up to the 50 since for me it will be more about completing instead of competing. Ran 20 & change today. Used the handheld and the gel flask. It was in the 60's so I took Enduralytes also. No stomach issues. Gel flask is much nicer than tearing open packs. I used Hammergel since that was the only brand locally available in bulk. Mixed 3 parts gel to 1 part water and it was much easier to take. No sticky mouth feeling. Had a good salt crust at the end of the run. Legs felt strong and no issues. Don't know how to interpret the salt sweat. I've read it means to drink more since your body is dumping the salt. I normally don't do more than sport drink on a 20 but it could be much warmer on the 17th and we've not had any hot weather to train in yet. Thought I had better make sure this stuff would not cause problems. Pace averaged 10:17mm and HR was at 147 which is 70% of HRR. Was a really good workout. Dave: Keep working the calf and the bottom of the foot. Sounds like the muscle is really knotted up.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - glad to hear the pain didn't get progressively worse, sounds like you might be on a good path. Pace - it sounds like a nice run for you. Glad the gel flask works out. Last summer all of my long runs (never exceeding 10 miles) ended with a salt crust. Bugs - nice job with the mileage come back! Overall you feelin good? Ran 3 miles with a work friend. It was nice but slow. She wants to run again tomorrow. I might try to see if we can go a little faster, but if not that's ok too. Seeing how TP and co-worker did at broad street formed a sekrit goal for half. But all I'm admitting to is a goal of finishing smiling.