Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/25 (Read 348 times)

Cashmason

Ericka,

When you do an ice bath,  how long do you stay in the cold water?

I have found a cold water epsom salt bath seems to help my legs immensely, but always guessing how long I should be sitting ucomfortably i in cold water

Thanks guys though I don't feel bad at all suprisingly. Guess because if I had known what the terrain was going to be like (my own fault) more than likely I would have bailed on the race completely. Oh and Jeremy the 100 is my next Ultra though I know the terrain very well since I did my last 50 miler on it.

Great pictures Dave! Love seing other peoples pictures! Congrats again on your first official 5k finishing!

Hope to hear your legs are feeling completely better ASAP Bugs!

What a good husband you are Perry going for a 10 mile run with DW after your fun 5k!

What a beautifl and great weekend btw Smile

I got in a 3 mile easy run. Can't consider it a recovery since my pace was more of an easy pace not recovery. BTW I think my legs were so happy to be on the roads again they performed very well and were more than ready to go a few more miles. Of course I had to put them in check lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Because you dont like running topless in speedos?

Heh, maybe he doesn't like swimming in them. Especially in that liquid in those photos Smile

MTA:

..Can't consider it a recovery since my pace was more of an easy pace not recovery....

Hm, I haven't really been distinguishing recovery from easy -- I guess I have been slower when really sore, but I don't think I have a choice for it in the dropdown box that governs the color on the graph, so therefore I don't think about it. Yeah, for me, it's all about the pretty graphs -- really, that is a lot of what I enjoy about running & logging the runs -- the pretty graphs.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I did see "jog mowing" on your list of pretty colors, Perry.  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I did see "jog mowing" on your list of pretty colors, Perry.  Smile

Um, yeah, I strapped on my garmin and tried to keep jogging while mowing several times -- I was amazed how slow a pace that comes out to -- because of all the turning around (push mower). Got made fun of it on RA a number of times -- so at least it provided entertainment, plus exercise Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Um, yeah, I strapped on my garmin and tried to keep jogging while mowing several times -- I was amazed how slow a pace that comes out to -- because of all the turning around (push mower). Got made fun of it on RA a number of times -- so at least it provided entertainment, plus exercise Smile

You would disappoint me greatly if you let any of the criticism in the Swamp affect what you log. 

I loved it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com