Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Cashmason

4.7 miles for me tonight. 53 degree temps. Last mile at 7:17 pace, Ave pace 8:47.

Hail to The Victors!

Nice race Shan! Working that PR down! Bugs, get well soon! Sorry to hear about the kid, Husker, that looks pretty rough. Hope he stays even a little sane! Heck, I hope you stay sane! It rained a lot here this weekend. A cold rain. I managed to dodge raindrops until the very end on Saturday, but ended up getting deluged on at the very end. On sunday, it waited til mile 8, and then nailed me. So, instead of 16, I ended up with a very wet and very cold 13. I'm contemplating a make-up 15 today. We'll see. Our DC trip continues to be fraught with all sorts of exciting drama, and now it is looking like we might be staying in Crystal City (near the Metro and Reagan, where we are flying into and out of), rather than Ashburn (near the friends that we would be visiting). The way the schedule is looking, it would be a pretty early run on Saturday or Sunday, as the wife would like to be moving early for sightseeing either day... Hope everyone has an excellent Monday!

Dave

Running from Crystal City opens up some great running routes downtown. (Check my log for some recent ones). I would be willing to drive up either morning assuming I've recovered well from the race. Planning on 4-6 later today easy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Planning on a nice, slow recovery run later with a low, steady heart rate. We'll see... Undecided

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

It seems that every week I post my Monday morning run on the previous week's thread. Here it is for posterity. A recovery run: 3.1 miles, 28:59, 9:16/mi, AHR 129 (65% mhr) JH - I hope I can make it. It kind of depends on how early and how it'll fit in on the training or if I can rearrange if need be. Is anyone else irked that RA times are showing up pre-DST?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Husker - sorry to hear about your son's accident. It sounds like it's all pretty fixable, but still scary stuff. Shan - congrats on your PR. Bugs - get better. Got in 8+ miles this morning. It felt pretty good. Last week was my highest mileage week ever and it was pretty chill. Long run was a littl tough, but not too bad. Although it looks like it's time for me to ease off on the intensity a little and work more on endurance.
              Kimmie

good for you on having such a high mileage week, mr. I. Shan- we need details!!!! Smile JH- ashburn is not very big. I wonder if I know your friends. Heading out to run 3. My upper traps area is better. Went to the doc and it helped, but still stiff and sore. I need to run loosey goosey today. Hoping bugs is better. Everyone else: hi! Dave, we won't tell erika that it's 65 here today. Computer is broken so I'm typing this from my iPhone. Sorry if I sound disjointed. Glad I'm married to a geek.
                evanflein

Dave, we won't tell erika that it's 65 here today.
                  Angry
                    Sorry to hear about your son's accident Brian!!! Hope he heals ASAP! Congrats Shan on your new PR! Did my 4th Shiver by the river 5k. Went out way too slow, 5k's really aren't my thang. However I managed to get 1st in the 5k/10k series. When I found out that they do awards by points and that I could have done 2 5k's and 2 10k's it woudn't have matterd I was a bit upset. If I had known more than likely I would have done the 10k in the 2nd and 3rd race. Oh well I learned that it's either going to take some time getting over the mental block I put up with short race's or I can find myself a bunny for a couple of them to help jump over the mental block. Or I could just do endurance race's which seems to be what's easier for me lol. Happy running everyone Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope your son had a good day, Brian. It's hard to watch our children hurt. Got a nice 3 mile run today. Very slow pace, but it was a true LHR run and it felt good.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

HI GUYS!!!! Sorry - I didn't bring my computer and I even stuck my phone in my car on silent for most of the weekend!! haha So the marathon was AMAZING!!! I finished the first half in 2:11 and felt really strong. Felt strong all the way up until mile 18 when cramps starting setting in. Then I had to walk/run the rest. Finished in 4:44:12!!!! that's a 1hr 26 min PR!!!!!! I learned alot and i can't WAIT for the next one!!
                        Cashmason

Woot Shan! You ready to run another marathon today, and another one tomorrow? Ready for that Tahoe Triple yet?

Dave

Damn right you're sorry Big grin Great job, Shan. You are going to go under 2 without any trouble at National.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Woot Shan! You ready to run another marathon today, and another one tomorrow? Ready for that Tahoe Triple yet?
                              I'm READY!!!! haha actually I have lots to do and only 200 days to get ready for the triple!
                                I'm READY!!!! haha actually I have lots to do and only 200 days to get ready for the triple!
                                Shan -- you're a little nuts Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com