Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/17 and sitting at Pam's feet learning from the master (Read 408 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Its raining here so I'll run later today, but thought I'd start the weekly thread anyway.

Pam - there are no words, just a lot of bowing.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Pam,

Just curious in training how many calories you try to get in? You got some serious muscles on those legs and I'm guessing you really need to eat lots to maintain what you do...amazing stuff.

Body is tired. Just four weeks till Grandmas and I find myself wishing I was in better shape. But I have to remind myself my goal was to make it to the starting line feeling good and enjoy the run. I'm excited to run this marathon and get training for the next one.

Bugs

Cashmason

You wanna sit next to sore, stinky feet ?   Think I will wait till next week to do that  or a week after her 100 k.

Might sit on a recliner near her,  and maybe offer some hot chocolate.

WRFB--not as cool as it may sound. Its the indoor track at the Y - 9 laps to a mile. So I ran 72 laps. Actually think I ran 73 laps. Lost track at one point.

Nice job on the 50 mile week Bugs. I was happy with my 21 miles. Gonna start inching up into the 30s sooner rather than later.

Today is a scheduled off day, but I may get some miles in at luch if the rain goes away. Dont know that I really want to do the treadmill after yesterday's tedium of running in circles. But would be happy to get outside and do some miles.

Murph - was it stormy, meaning thunderstorms?  Or was it just raining?  I tend to run in the rain, but haven't had to make that decision yet about thunderstorms.  Hmm, do thunderstorms tend to happen later in the day?

Pam - you take OCD (and we all have it to one extent or another) to an entirely new level. Smile  I can't imagine having the focus to run that far, in the blistering pain you must have been in.  I hope you recover quickly for your "real" ultra.

3 miles @ recovery pace for me this morning.  Legs were tired.  Still building...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Nice job on the 50 mile week Bugs. I was happy with my 21 miles. Gonna start inching up into the 30s sooner rather than later.

It ended up 56, but it may have been dumb. Feeling it today.  You're upping your miles nicely.

I asked Hal Higdon on FB for an Int III plan, he said nope you do Advanced I. Hills & speedwork to improve I guess. For Mankato, Iowa, whatever ALL I'm running would like to follow a plan.

Bugs

Its raining here so I'll run later today, but thought I'd start the weekly thread anyway.

Pam - there are no words, just a lot of bowing.

Thanks Paul!! Didn't expect to see the weekly thread with my name in it Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You wanna sit next to sore, stinky feet ?   Think I will wait till next week to do that  or a week after her 100 k.

Might sit on a recliner near her,  and maybe offer some hot chocolate.

lol that was the first thought I had when I saw the thread's title.   BTW can I have some hot chocolate please?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WRFB-No Thunderstorms. But Ive been fighting back a sinus infection and sore throat--probably a result of the Pig. So I am being cautious about trying not to get sick. No lunch run..sticking to the schedule and avoiding the rain.
                      To tell you the truth Bugs I have NO idea how many calories I eat. I just try to make sure to get lots of protein. BTW your supposed to be tired right now! When I'm feeling tired at the end of a training cycle I know I've done good. It's when I'm feeling too good that I know the sh&Ts gonna hit the fan and I'm usually right.  Not long before taper time. Enjoy! Congrats on another nice week!

Enjoy whatever you choose to do Murph! 

THanks Lou. I'm hoping I can focus as long as I need to this Saturday. 

Got in a nice 6.2 mile recovery run. Really don't feel like I have much to recover from (other than feet) however gotta be careful. Getting my calories in and enough rest is going to be key to success on Saturday. 

Happy running everyone Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have no idea how many calories I consume either. I try to eat something with protein & carbs ASAP after any workout.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hail to The Victors!

Wow Pam and Perry that's some good stuff!  Nice work!

I think those of you on facebook already know how my weekend went.  I am actually kind of beating myself up for it.  Definitely a case of pushing a little too hard and a little to soon after Boston, didn't recognize the warning signs, and BANG, stress fracture and down for a few weeks.  Looks like a good time to figure out alternative workout plans, I guess.

My wife is more mad than I am, we're flying to Northern Europe for two weeks on Jun 22, needless to say if I'm not walking around pain free by then, there will be heck to pay. :-)

Kimmie

Didn't get a ton of miles in last week.   Debating on running tonight when DH gets home.  My strained soleus is acting up again.

just want to encourage Murphy, and anyone else who needs to hear it, we all have different starting points and different goals.  I know you know this... but I need to be reminded too, that someone else may run 50 miles a week, while I only get in 40.    So, like Bugs said, you're doing great, building....

Bugs, you're friends with Hal Higdon on FB?  That's cool.   I am following coolrunning Advanced marathon training plan for Steamtown.  Training starts next week!    No more slacking!!

Jeremy, really sorry to hear about your SF.   I feel fortunate to not have experienced one of those.   Make sure you're being good with your recovery and you'll be back to it in no time.

theyapper

On the road again...

Jeremy - sorry to hear that.  I'd missed it on FB.  Hope you recover quickly.

Pam and Perry - did the 2 of you intentionally run the same mileage last week (even down to the tenth of a mile)?  If I'd have seen that earlier, I'd have put Perry's name in the thread title, too.

Kicked my week off with 6 miles.  What a great finish to a hectic day.  All that's left to do now is shower, eat, and watch Jack kill an ex-prez on 24.  Yeah, just a typical Monday evening at our house.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice week, Bugs!

Geez, Jeremy, that stinks!  Hope you get better soon.  6 weeks is standard recovery, I think.  (PDR has had several)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com