Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Crazy week in running Got lost once. Was at the Y half way through a 15 miler on the TM when they closed due to the storm. Two weeks without a long run. I'm not hugely fussed, my overal running has been pretty consistent, but I've really wanted to do some consistent 15 milers this month. Good runs to all.,

Dave

The weekly summary will be posted later today. I've got to go off to a meeting. Easy runs to all...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I thought Mr I was going to say he got lost on the Y treadmill halfway through the run Tongue I have been substituting a short recovery run for my planned rest days most of the time. Today this is what I did: 3.2 miles, 29:57, 9:29/mi, AHR 130

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

The first full week of January was certainly a memorable one. We've waited on the birth of a new Blister and celebrated our fastest marathon ever. And although she's probably in transit and can't post, I'm guessing that one of our founding fathers (figuratively, of course) had a tough race and maybe an injury down at Disney. Sending good vibes and prayers her way. I'm willing to name a couple more superheros this week. Jeremy is, of course, Flash. What an effort. Two potty stops from greatness Big grin. I also learned that while Shan can be encouraged, she digs in her heels when pushed. I dub her, Stubborngirl. Stubborn is an interesting quality. Once Stubborngirl has her mind made up, you just have to get the hell out of her way when she outsprints you to the finish. For me, your humble narrator, I found out that I'm still improving and that my legs only go so fast even down the steepest hills. Here's the weekly totals. Jhallum - 50.8 WRFB - 47.9 Bugs - 40 dgb2n - 35.3 MrInertia - 34.3 P2R - 32.5 Murphy - 30.6 Kimmie - 30.3 Shan - 27.1 Erika - 26.2+? Brian - 5.5

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

you just have to get the hell out of her way when she outsprints you to the finish.
            I blame long legs. and stubborn - who me??? Shy
              Erika did not get hurt. She ran a fine race--with a technical glitch. My sleuthing skills have determined that much.

Dave

Erika did not get hurt. She ran a fine race--with a technical glitch. My sleuthing skills have determined that much.
                Cool. Prayers answered. Good sleuthing.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I may not be travelling for the National 1/2.Cry And I am likely out of Vegas..so Columbus will probably be my goal race. Or, I will just run the Pig in May the best I can, and no other marathons for the year.

Bugs

I may not be travelling for the National 1/2.Cry.
                    Well Dave, Shan and Kim will work on you just like they did me, cause I'm just about ready to say what the hell. Yes Home early because of weather. Resting my tired legs, will do some XTing later.

Bugs

Good news, bugs, bad news murph (in the "how does this affect me" category Smile ) Yes, Erika has posted a marathon report on the masters forum and she didn't get hurt (well nothing serious, anyway). I hope she doesn't mind me sharing the link here. I've been waiting for her to pipe in, but since she is, I assume, traveling for the next three days now, I figured I could post it. Erika's Disney Adventure

Kimmie

Thanks for posting the link, Lou! A friend of mine forgot her chip in a marathon and I know that is a tough thing to deal with. Erika is one tough woman, though. She is so awesome. I hope she checks in here, too.

Bugs

Wow no chip. Here I thought a computer programmer would be to blame. Cool metal. I want to run it, badly. WRFB, were you planning the half or full? I once bought a ball you put in your washer so you don't need detergent. I'm easy to persuade, although I wish it was for a full but I'm already committed to spring marathon.

Bugs

I'm also committed to a full in the spring about four weeks later, so I'm running the half as a training race.

Bugs

Do you guys take supplements? Nobby suggested I take this mineral supplement, it's like eating filtered salt from the ocean. It's to keep away colds & sinus stuff. If I was not so lazy I would take vitamin, fish-oil, joint pills daily, but am not good at taking pills. Kim, Sorry you have a cold, I missed that you didn't get your LR in. The last time you had a bad cold you took a couple days off, and boom you were back running and you were glad to take the time off. I would not stress over missing the LR. Think Nobby's girl that ran a 3:30 ran a 2:45 long run, had a cut-back, and then a 3:00 long run. The runs were not slow, but he did not have her run six 20's like I ran. Something to think about.

Bugs

I take vitamin, fish-oil, joint pills daily, along with my blood pressure medicine Undecided