Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

Cashmason

Second column are the mile splits. 5th column ave heart rate. Sucks that my race times = Erika's training pace, but it is what it is. Miles 2 and 3 are slightly downhill, Miles 4 and 10 and 11 slightly uphill. Lap (#) Time (m:s) Distance (mi ) M Spd (mph) HR (bpm) Energy (Cal) Avg Max 1 8:00 1.00 8.9 163 177 135 2 7:45 1.00 8.5 160 163 139 3 7:46 1.00 8.5 159 163 139 4 8:17 1.00 8.1 159 165 138 5 7:52 1.00 8.9 162 174 138 6 7:58 1.00 8.3 160 167 139 7 8:05 1.00 8.1 160 165 137 8 8:09 1.00 7.8 160 169 138 9 8:18 1.00 7.6 162 169 137 10 8:17 1.00 7.8 167 174 138 11 8:22 1.00 7.8 169 176 137 12 8:07 1.00 8.1 172 178 138 13 7:57 1.00 8.7 174 177 138 14 1:07 0.16 9.4 174 183

Oh Mighty Wing

13.16 miles with 12 thousand of my newest friends. Kicked ass and took names. ( By my standards). 9 minute PR. Time for a shower.
      WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Kick ass Cash!!! MTA: 12 and change.
      Kimmie

easy peasy 3 mile run with the family.... Nice race Cash!
          Nice run Dave! WOOOHOOO NICE PR Cash!! Nice run Kimmie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! BTW what did you guys do last night? I got a nice 18 miler in despite feeling like crap and not wanting to run. Got home and it turns out both dh and dd are sick and running fevers Sad Hope I can stay healthy!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Some nice runs. Pam you make me feel lazy. I am just on the edge of officially sick and not running. My body is heavy and just going up the stairs feels like work. i did go run for ten minutes and came back and the world was spinning a bit. Son is sick too. If I hold back I can call it a cut-back week instead of somewhere inbetween...that's what I am telling myself.

Bugs

Cause I CAN

Cash, you da man, good job Smile did 3 miles...its nice to be able to wear shorts again even though only temporary Smile
              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
              evanflein

Cash, did you do the Surf City half? Nice job for the low mileage you've been running lately. Peach, it'll be a long time before I can run outside in shorts around here! Nice 20, Dave. Geez, give a guy a kick in the butt and see what happens, no? Bugs, take care of yourself... that sounds like you're about ready to crash. After yesterday's run outside I wasn't really enthusiastic about doing more of that. And it was colder today... -19F where I got dropped off by the lake behind campus but bright and sunny. Still... I did most of the same route I did yesterday, just skipped the last out and back loop and stopped at 8 miles for the first half of my long run. Mile splits: 8:21, 8:32, 8:47 (not sure what happened here), 8:31, 8:37, 8:33, 8:31, 8:25 Finished the run on the treadmill after a 15 minute drive home, quick peel off of the cold weather gear and a potty break, then 9 miles in the basement. First mile at 8:45 (sort of a re-warm up), next three at 8:34, last 5 at 8:20. I was very ready to stop... Total for the day of 17 miles, wrapping up a 27 mile weekend and 52.1 mile week for me, and some incredible entries on the "more miles than degrees" group!
                Cashmason

Peach, you look hawt in shorts. Bugs, sounds like your body is telling you to back off the running mileage for a bit. Pam, 18 hurt even when I was training for marathons. Today, my legs were fine till I stopped running. 10 seconds after I crossed the finish line, my legs started to hurt. But my longest run in 3 months was 10 miles. And it is just normal post race soreness.

Hail to The Victors!

13.16 miles with 12 thousand of my newest friends. Kicked ass and took names. ( By my standards). 9 minute PR. Time for a shower.
                    Very nice! Way to go! Can't complain about a PR under any stretch! 5ish for me today. Back over 60 for the week. 17 weeks(or so) to Bayshore. All the miles being run around here are just serving to inspire me more. Keep it up everyone!

Cause I CAN

my half is only 55 days away and I'm still at 3 miles, just got there actually. I am beginning to wonder if this isnt going to happen....and I should just wait and do it another time.

Cause I CAN

Peach, you look hawt in shorts. Bugs, sounds like your body is telling you to back off the running mileage for a bit. Pam, 18 hurt even when I was training for marathons. Today, my legs were fine till I stopped running. 10 seconds after I crossed the finish line, my legs started to hurt. But my longest run in 3 months was 10 miles. And it is just normal post race soreness.
                        thanksEvil grin
                        Cashmason

TRANSLATION OF A TRIATHLETE'S VOCABULARY: "I am an outdoors type of person." Really means: I train in any type of weather. If its raining, snowing, 90 degrees w/100% humidity, or winds gusting at 30 mph. I don't want to hear any complaints because I will still train in it and you're just a big wuss for complaining about it. "I enjoy riding my bike." Really means: with or w/o aero bars, alone or in a peleton, I don't care. If you can't do a spur of the moment 30 miler then you're not my type. I will let you draft, but if you can't hang and I drop you - I will see you later. "I enjoy jogging." Really means: Lets run hills until we puke. I have just as many shoes as you only mine are better because they are functional and all look the same. "I enjoy dining out." Really means: I enjoy eating out, in or anywhere else I can find food. Don't be shy because with the amount of food I eat, you can have that main entree instead of a salad and you will still look as though you eat like a rabbit in comparison. Don't get your limbs too close though as I may take a bite out of you. Most importantly don't expect any taste off my plate unless you can bring something to the party like more food. Oh, and don't ask me any questions during breakfast, Mid Morning Lunch, Lunch, Afternoon lunch, Dinner or Recovery Dinner as it does not lend to efficient food intake. "I enjoy quiet walks on the beach." Really means: Walks on the beach warming up into an 8 mile run and then plunging myself in the ocean for a 2 miler. If you get in my way youre going to find out what mass start is and let me assure you that you don't want to find out. "I find fulfillment in charitable work." Really means: If I am not racing, I am volunteering and I expect you to be there along side me as I stand out in 90 degree weather for 8 hours handing out sports drink to cyclists going 20 mph. Just stick the ol' arm out there and hope it doesn't get taken off. "I enjoy sharing quiet moments together." Really means: It's taper time. Just back off because I am strategizing and in a pissy mood because I am worried about my "A" race and can't workout. "I enjoy site seeing." Really means: Lets grab a bike and get our HR's up to 90%. There's plenty of time to look around on the descent as trees and bushes whiz by you at 40 mph. "I like stimulating conversation. " Really means: while we are running, we can talk about food. Then we can talk about how we decided what to wear on this run based on the temperature at start time versus the temperature at the time we expect to finish, how horribly out of shape we are, how many miles we did last week, and how many we will do this week and next week. Then we can talk about food. "I enjoy road trips and leisurely drives." Really means: You have your choice of Wisconsin, Idaho, Florida, California, Arizona, and New York, but don't expect to do much site seeing. If I get enough support from you we might be able to include Hawaii in there. "I am an active person." Really means: Aside from my 40 hour job, and the 8 mandatory hours of sleep a night. 10 hours a week are devoted to me during the off-season and 20 during race season leaving us 4 hours. 2 of which are spent inhaling food and you not talking to me, so lets make the best of the 2 hours we will spend together on average each day. If you are a licensed massage therapist or doctor this would make the most optimal use of our time together. Nutritionist is also acceptable, but I probably already know just as much as you. ----- 'Obsessed' is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
                            Funny. Kind of makes me want to get on my bike and learn how to swim well.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I have used MANY of those phrases...
                                A little recovery run... 3.1 miles, 29:17, 9:22/mi, AHR 134 (67% MHR) then core

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com