Marathon Trainers

bowing out (Read 157 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi guys! Over the last few weeks I've had to take a good hard look at running and have decided it's time to bow out. In order to keep running I have to keep strength training and I am finding that at 15/20 mile weeks with three days of strength training I am not recovering like I need to be. My legs are always tired and last week I didn't go to the gym at all and my run yesterday and today were riddled with knee soreness. So with my need to strength train my legs regularly and my perpetual dead legs from running and strength training I have decided a change needs to be made. Unfortunately I can't cut out the strength training... and so I think I am going to cut out the running. It makes me very sad, but i think for right now it is the right decision to make. You guys are awesome and I wish you all the best of luck! (I might be back one day...)
      Best of luck Shan. Just because you are taking a break (never say never) doesnt mean you cant stop in and say hello every so often (like once or twice a day).
      Cashmason

Yes Shan, Please keep on posting even if you arent running. This thread is more about friends than how many miles you run.

Oh Mighty Wing

you two know me too well... I can't stay away from this thread!! So thank you for asking me too stay!! Plus who knows after a couple months of strength training maybe my legs will be ready!

Bugs

Shan, Yes stay! If I were you I would not sell my running stuff. You were running fine before injury. Sometimes this stuff just takes awhile.

Bugs

Dave

Amen, don't leave Shan Cry Even with your cutbacks, you're still running more than me lately Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Shan, never say never, and don't leave for good! Goodness, there's nothing wrong with taking a break or really cutting back, but you don't have to leave! We all have things happen where we have to either stop running or cut way back, or cross train more than run... whatever. But you've been a big part of this forum... and the transition from CR and the whole thing! So, if only for selfish reasons I think you should stick around. Post about your cross training, your strength training, your new life as a married lady! All of it, we care and we want you around! (and I bet your running hiatus won't be as long as you think....)

Oh Mighty Wing

For selfish reasons I don't think i'm going anywhere!! I tried for a day to stay away, but I peeked in 3 times!!! thank you so much for your support! I know I will get back to it one of these days...
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

For selfish reasons I don't think i'm going anywhere!! I tried for a day to stay away, but I peeked in 3 times!!! thank you so much for your support! I know I will get back to it one of these days...
                    Glad you'll be sticking around. This is a group of friends, not some club that has minimum mileage requirements for membership.
                      Glad you'll be sticking around. This is a group of friends, not some club that has minimum mileage requirements for membership.
                      Well said.
                      evanflein

Ditto!

Bugs

Shan, if we all left everytime we got injured or had to take a rest from running we'd have only 2 people posting. Although sometimes it's tough to hang around when you want to run but can't.

Bugs