Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So I took the trophy and put it up in my folks' bookcase display area -- they're out of town. I am curious to see how long until they notice it -- kind of a test of whether they pay any attention to their displays in there Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

Perry, You can go straight to Running God Status. Cash
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Actually I may finally begin to qualify for this group -- I have a blister forming on the bottom of my foot -- but no digital camera handy to provide proof Smile In unrelated news, I also bought a new pair of shoes of another model recently....

Dave

Not sure actual blisters are mandatory. And every time I post pictures of mine, it grosses out the group. My training has gone to hell lately too but I'm not too concerned. Will try and get back and get a good run in tomorrow. MTA: Sometimes you see something on facebook so hysterical that you have to share it here. For those too stubborn to waste even more time online. Question is, who the heck is this? (No answering if you know from facebook)

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

A great day for Team Blister. TWO BQ's in the same day. How awesome is that? Nice job Jellyfish and Pam! A day for the ages!

Oh Mighty Wing

hi all! my mini report - 3:37!!!!!! I'm still giggling and crying randomly... when I can control myself I'll write up a little something! catch up later - shower now yeah PAM!
                Way to go, Pam and Shan! Are you guys going to Boston next year? I hope we can get together. Dave - I guess either everyone is on facebook or nobody wants to guess about the picture Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

yeah- i saw that pic on FB and I'm not telling... (although, I think we all are on FB, minus Erika) I can't believe how fast our girls are!!! Fabulous! Did you two meet up? I am excited that so many of us will be there together next year... at least I will know a few people at Boston, but I better start putting in some more miles if I want to keep up with you all. Bugs, you're next!!! Smile

Dave

hi all! my mini report - 3:37!!!!!! I'm still giggling and crying randomly... when I can control myself I'll write up a little something!
                    You know this means I have to run a 3:35 now Wink That is SO COOL.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Thanks Guys!! Yep 2010 was always the goal (BF has had the plans to see me run Boston in 2010 since the beginning of the year). Anway wrote report and now it's time to take Kallie outside for a nice walk. Congrats again to Shannon!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice report, Pam -- great to have all that family support along the way -- great pictures, too!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, nice race report with lots of great photos -- and you don't look tired at all in them Pam. I scrolled back to check if it was a marathon, because you didn't look tired and it ended with something about a gun time of 1:37, but you definitely referred to mile 20, so I'm pretty sure it was actually a marathon -- plus I spotted a clock showing 3:47 Smile

Happy Camper

Congrats Pam! Nice race and great pictures! JF: WTG! Congrats on the BQ! Did you plan the effort or did you just feel it today?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a hellova race report - I'm sniffling a little myself Smile 3.2 miles, 28:13, 8:57/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)