Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/3 - 3/9 (Read 189 times)

Cause I CAN

Dave, I started in the correct corral...6:00 - 6:30 where I was supposed to be...I ran off to the side away from everyone. well till around mile 5, when it started thinning out some...but anyway..i am just sick of those sort of posts...
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

2nd run down! Knee was sore. I must make a better strength training effort.

Dave

Just poke fun at the 8 hour marathoners Big grin Better yet, just ignore them. They're small minded anyway. Shan, way to get out there. Hope the knee feels better. I'm sidelined for a few more days. My most silly "recovery" run last week didn't do me any favors. I think I now know what shin splints feel like. I'm really laying off to make sure my legs feel good for our ski trip next week. Mileage once again taking a back seat. April should be good though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cause I CAN

if it took me 8 hrs to run/complete thing thing, I probably would've quit and called a taxi....i was already losing it after 6

Bugs

P2R, That's great about your son's music award. Dedication to a task must be inherited from his Dad. Seems to me, that people that have a musical talent tend to grow up to be very successful individuals. Peach, When people ask my time goal for a marathon I always say, "My only goal is to know that I did the best I could in training and in the race." Honestly I don't think everyone can say they that. There is not a person on this forum that has heard your story that isn't amazed how far you've come. Be proud of that and forge ahead. Shan, Any chance you could get a different PT therpist? Know it's early, but if you know yours is not fond of running maybe that is not a good match. When you went to the chiropractor they did not recommend ART or graston? Dgb, Do your toe rises. My PT recommended doing them with weights. You can also put your feet under a couch and try to lift with your toes, called furniture lifts; it's in the Runner's Repair Manuel book. I'm still coughing. I am kicking myself for not being more careful at work, I get sick so easy, and don't get over it easy. Feel asleep at one point today and the kids were jumping on the bed playing star wars on top of me. My head was aching while they were screaming, "I'm the power from the dark side", jabbing me with their life sabers. DH had went to town. Angry

Bugs

Cause I CAN

Bugs, I hope you get better soon...and I am proud, but think the ones doing the whinning over there need to get lives...

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I would switch, but i'm already leary of doctors and I actually like this guy. I appreciate his honesty and he has me running which is more than the Sports Med guy anticipated... he thought it would take a month to get me on the road. And it's not that doc doesn't like running he doesn't really get the whole long distance thing. But there was also a repetitive marathoner sitting there who gave me a few ditbits and has seen this guy for two different things so that mad me feel a little better. And the chiro did not but he did deep tissue massage to help break up scar tissue, but honestly, it hurt so bad it made me cry (and not one tear i mean tears streaming down my face) and so I have not been back. I don't know if it was helping or not. Peach - try not to let others bother you. You are doing a great thing! I know it must be frustrating to read those threads, but I think running a marathon is running a marathon!