Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/25 (Read 160 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

37F when I woke up; really wanted to go back to sleep, but dragged my lazy self up and drove up to meet some friends for a run. Fastest long run in a while for me -- abt 8min/mi for 20K, then two of us did 3 more at abt 7:30 avg.  Now I feel sleepy, but DW wants to do a short tempo, so I'll try to go along for that. Also just heard that a friend of mine broke the course record at colonial championships this morning (probably a 6K, dunno time).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Marine Corps Marathon this morning.

Yikes!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Just checked and Lou's on track to run a 3:35.

Go Lou!!!

and go Kevin!!   Who's running as me, which is kind of weird to see in the ongoing results.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope Lou and "Kimmie" had good marathons this morning?

Ended up with 3:45 -- went out too fast, and consequently fell apart at the end.  It's all good, though.

Harriet ended up with 4:14, which with her shiny new AG is a BQ.

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats to you, Lou, and to Harriet for a BQ effort!

I tracked Dave at the MCM and will let him share the results here when he checks in.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh darn!  I didn't realize Dave was running.  It would have been great to meet up and say hi, but I tell you it probably wouldn't have happened anyway, given what a madhouse getting to the start was.  I got in my corral maybe 2 minutes before the gun (a howitzer, no less), with just enough time to retie my running shoes and get my throw-away shirt off.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Colleague of mine debuted at it. Just looked up his times. Looks like he ran 7min miles through somewhere after 25K and before 30K, then dropped off to 9+. There's the terror of the marathon distance...

Kimmie

Congrats to you, Lou, and to Harriet for a BQ effort!

I tracked Dave at the MCM and will let him share the results here when he checks in.

Congrats on everyones races! I didn't think Dave was running, either .

Colleague of mine debuted at it. Just looked up his times. Looks like he ran 7min miles through somewhere after 25K and before 30K, then dropped off to 9+. There's the terror of the marathon distance...

Must have  been awful.  Rookie mistake, huh?  He won't do that again.  (Or maybe he will Smile )

theyapper

On the road again...

Hmmm.  Maybe it was another Dave Bassett.  I never even thought about that.  I should have looked to see what age group.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

So, he debuted with a 3:30 or so?  I'd have taken that for my first.  Granted, he probably didn't really enjoy that last 12-14k, but still.  

Paul

evanflein

Yeah really. I'd take a 3:30 as my 18th marathon! (or whatever I'm up to now, guess I should check.)

I ran 14.2 miles on Sunday, good time around 8:33 or so without looking. Actually, I looked, but all just before or after the mile. I can't hear the Garmin anymore so it's just as well. This is my last "long" run before my marathon (duh, it's next Sunday), but it's nice to know I'm done with the outdoor runs for awhile. We leave this Tuesday night (Wed morning at 1:15 a.m.) and get into Boston around 5:15 p.m., so obviously Wednesday is a travel day.