Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/4 (Read 298 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ah, thanks for the answers W & Lou.

Not every race in the country is tomorrow -- Baltimore was today (good thing, as there is a game there tomorrow morning, so they'd never manage the traffic of doing both). Quick summary: DW made her goal but was cold over last couple miles, very tired and then very cold afterward, then white face & hands with blue lips, then in the medical tent on warm IV drip, bundled in blankets for a while, then on oxygen too, then finally released to walk out -- and had a long cold walk to the car with me, but probably good for her legs to get that walking in. And now she's happy to have made her goal, and says if there is a next marathon, it should be flat (she minded the hills late in Baltimore).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

WOW Amores what a tough wife you have!!! Congrats to her for meeting her goal!! Way for her to stick it out despite being so cold at the end!

Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND! GOOD LUCK & ENJOY to ALL RACERS!!! I'm up at Amanda's house. Looks to be perfect *knock on wood* tomorrow. So glad race day is almost here!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, GO RACERS. Weather in this area looks nice too.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We just learned that before you wash a race shirt, you want to not just remove the bib from the front, but also any bib from the back -- because if you forget a little bib on the back, the pins can rust and get rust onto the shirt...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woke up early to eat breakfast this morning then get ready for a local 10mi race (and I'll just volunteer if I don't feel up to the running bit -- plus several of us are going to see about OWS afterward). This feels very early to me -- almost Lou-style-morning I think Smile

Dave

Best to luck to all our Racers and won't get to racers this weekend.

It's a girls weekend at my house.  Two of my wife's friends from VA are in town and my sister visited from Chicago with her 3 girls.  We phased them so they weren't here at the same time but it's still another 5 women in the house.  

There's a joke in here somewhere (Big Love) but I should probably let it go.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good luck, Perry!  I hope your DW is feeling better this morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Perry-  so sorry to hear that Crystal struggled at the end of the race.   Was it colder than she thought it was going to be?

Hope she feels better today and good luck on your 10 miler.

Pam- thinking of you as that was my original goal race.  I still have Steamtown written on the calendar... next year!

I hope you have a great day!  I know you will rock it!

Thinking of Erika and Bryan today too.  Let us know when you can how it went.

last night, my youngest woke up with a fever.  Going to take her to an after hours Dr. to make sure it's not flu.

I may or may not get a run in today.

My 12 miles went great yesterday... feeling good.  Time to taper.

Talked to my brother in law last night about Chicago( his first marathon)   I loved all the questions he had... what should I wear?  What about IPODS?  What about water stops?   We talked for 30 minutes and I tried to calm him down and tell him to have fun.  I will be following his progress today.  I love the excitement of a first marathon.

How exciting for your brother-in-law, Kim.  What a race for the first marathon, too!

12.2 miles, 1:44:04, 8:30/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

5@9:04(134), 2@8:39(144), 5.23@7:55(157)

Go racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com