Marathon Trainers

7/7 - 7/13 (Read 149 times)

Dave

Belated happy birthday, Cash! Good runs from California this weekend. Unbelievable how much easier to run in cooler temps (55F or so). 8.5 on Saturday at MP, very flat. 6 this AM on some brutal hills much slower. Getting ready to redeye back home. Probably take a rest day tomorrow or an easy 3.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

13 miles today... one more than the 12 I had on the plan. I've figured out I can run a little farther on the "out" part of my run so my "back" can end before the road home gets too steep. Cheating? Maybe a little, but I did walk the last 1.5 miles vs. calling for a ride. Felt really humid out (well, to me) but weather site said 61F and 65%... I was pretty drippy though. Legs felt good considering yesterday's run and other stuff. Minor shin soreness, ditto right foot. Mile splits: 8:28, 8:12, 8:13, 8:26, 8:25, 8:29, 8:15, 8:18, 8:14, 8:04 (mile 10, worked for this one!), 8:21, 8:22, 8:36 for last mile starting back up road to home. Legs were stiff enough that I filled up my trash can with icy cold well water and had a 15 minute soak while reading parts of the Sunday paper and drinking water and coffee. Need to get some ice... but at least I've finally cleaned the thing out and filled it up so I'll use it more now. Not feeling 100% confident in next Sunday's Gold Discovery Race, but we'll see what happens!

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - nice runs! Have a safe flight! Erica - I am sure you will do great! I don't think anyone should ever go into a race feeling 100% confident... ok I've had it with the nausea. It has been here for 5/6 days and it sucks.
          Got my 10 in this evening. Slow and relativel steady. The big ass hill..on mile 7 this run got me..But ran real well for the first 7. Felt better than I thought I would. I think I may have had pneumonia. Am still getting over it whatever it was. My legs still had strength, but my breathing was tough at the end. I slept most of yesterday. Didnt get my last couple runs in scheduled this week week. But did get 21 miles in. Probably for the best to ease into it a little more gradually.
          Cashmason

Erika, Look who is calling whom old.... pbbbt. 54 mile bike ride today. Drove to the train station in San Juan Capistrano, and rode to Solana beach. Took the train back. Very easy ride, as most of it is gently downhill. A few minor hills. And Erika, not that Jesse. My friend Jesse the rocket scientist who works for NASA. And he really does to engineering on rockets. That guy is crazy. Runs hundred mile runs. Did the Tahoe triple, 3 marathons in 3 days at 7 thousand feet elevation. Will do a 26 mile training run and then ride 100 miles in the same day.

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - I agree - better to come into it slowly. No need to run yourself into an injury. Cash - sound like you had a nice time! I'm glad.
                ok I've had it with the nausea. It has been here for 5/6 days and it sucks.
                Have you researched all possible causes of these sort of symptoms? I'd hate to start any rumors, but I've been living with a pregnant woman for the last 2 months . . . OK, I'll stop. Back from Nebraska. Had some good runs with my dad, no runs while at the in-laws, but farming has to count as cross training. Worked 11 hours Thursday, changing wheels on a couple of pivots, laying irrigation pipe, other crazy manual stuff. Only a half-day of manual labor Friday, but laid pipe for all of it. Man, I have muscles that I didn't even know existed that are sore. Got in 5 last night, first 2 with DS. Marathon program starts today (rest day). Guess that means it's 18 weeks to the Route 66 marathon here in sunny Tulsa! -Brian

Oh Mighty Wing

Brian - definately counts as cross training! That hurt my muscles just reading about all the work you did! (going to gen. pract. today to find out blood type and will be discussing my issues because I have a week left before I can check for that issue) Oh and YEAH FOR MT TRAINING!!!
                  evanflein

Have you researched all possible causes of these sort of symptoms? I'd hate to start any rumors, but I've been living with a pregnant woman for the last 2 months . . . OK, I'll stop.
                    Ok, I'll start! Shan that's exactly what I was thinking! Wouldn't be an unreasonable option, ya know... That could make things sorta interesting around here! Supposed to be working from home this afternoon, but this is so much more fun. Will be running at 4:30 with the only other guy I know from my town who posts on these sites... That should be interesting. He's way way faster than I am, but said he was looking for a recovery pace run today just like me. So, it should work ok.