Kimmie  31 mi 5:10:24
    irpete 30.3 mi 5:50:27
    WillRunForBeer 21.6 mi 3:22:44
    theyapper66 18.2 mi 3:32:38
    jhallum 13.3 mi 1:52:55
    lilcat19 9.5 mi 1:30:10
    Dutchie42 8 mi 1:30:40
    Cashmason  5.1 mi 58:06

Nice totals there guys.  I had a great week going until I went to Chicago and was in a conference and up late and couldn't roll out of bed on the weekend for my 2 longest weekly runs.  It's all good.  Back at it today with a great morning run and a hot XC run this afternoon.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Thanks for starting us out, Paul. Seems like everyone has been pretty busy; last couple of weeks have been pretty light on activity. I know I'm just feeling always short of time these days.

I do see that Dutchie and Cash logged some miles last week. Sure hope they stop by to let us know how they're doing.

Ran a half marathon on Saturday and set a new PR! 1:40:11 which takes a couple minutes off my previous best, so that's cool. Yesterday I ran an 11 mile tempo'ish run, ending up at the gym where DH was doing his workout. After cleaning up there, we went to a memorial service for an old friend of his. Seems like the weekend went by in a blur! Today was an elliptical and half-hearted abs workout at the gym over the lunch hour.

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice job on the PR!  1:40 is a great time!  Sorry to hear about the memorial service.  Those are tough.

Paul

geez, touch the ground next time, 1:40 is great!

Skipping my run today, feeling very blah about... and the 11 I'm supposed to do tomorrow.

Nice race, Erika!

We just got back from camping -- I still have to log some of the miles for the weekend.  Fun weekend with some good friends.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - do you do everything early in the morning?  Run?  Return from camping? Wink

Sweaty one hour run this morning.

Paul

11 mile trail run, beautiful.

Happy Camper

Ended up racing Saturday after all.  10k and it was warm.  This was the staggard start with handicap factor.  Sandbagged and predicted 53 minutes.  Actually ran 50 minutes flat.  Good enough for me to move my way up to 5th by the end of the race but not enough that I had to claim the gawd awful trophy for a year.  Watches weren't allowed so I had to wait until times were posted to know how I ran.  It was a good effort  for me given all the slow running in the heat and how warm the morning was. 

Here is a picture of me at the start...

and at the turnaround:

\

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Bryan you're certainly running very well these days. Nice job on that 10k in the heat. Hey, where's everyone else? You're all by yourself there in that turnaround photo.

Welcome back, Lou!  Glad you had fun camping with the frens... one of these years...

It was raining lightly at lunchtime, and got to be raining pretty hard when we had our fire alarm drill after the lunch hour (really). So I was hoping it would rain itself out by mid-afternoon, and it did. I made it out for 6.2 miles of what was planned to be a general run, sort of GA effort. Turns out it was more like a tempo effort, but still not a hard effort. I guess I need to re-evaluate just what "tempo" means for my runs.

theyapper

On the road again...

Day off!!!!  No run, no XC practice.

Paul

Happy Camper

Awesome 65 F this morning.  Did an interval workout.  Tonight it will be weights after work. 

Erika:  I had a 22-minute handicap.  The poor people who predicted around 40-minutes and ran in the 30's had over a 30-minute wait before they could start.  I did not get passed the entire way so it was very spread out and you had to push yourself without a watch to know how you were doing. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I read that as 'the people who have no money predicted around 40 minutes'.

ha

Nice time!!  Nice pics.

Kimmie

Wow, Bryan-    you look great!  I know you said that you had lost some weight, right?

Great running around here.    I had a good 10 miler this morning in much cooler temps.   Looking forward to my half marathon in a few weeks, even though the running has been less than what I've wanted.   

Congrats on your PR, Erika!    That's huge.... would you attribute it to more miles and cross training?

On a non- running related topic, I highly recommend the movie, Soul Surfer.    Saw it with my girls yesterday-  super inspirational.  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

On a non- running related topic, I highly recommend the movie, Soul Surfer.    Saw it with my girls yesterday-  super inspirational.  Smile

I've seen it twice.  Fantastic.

Paul

Cashmason

Just checking in with my Running Wife and friends.

Teaching a lot of cycle classes and doing a lot of Cross Fit workouts.

Not much running.

Todays  work out    do as many rounds  of run a quater mile,  then deadlift 155#, as you can in 12 minutes.

Total 1 1/4 miles  20 deadlifts.

Then ran an extra half mile just for fun.   Then take  GF to the airport.

Nice  PR  Erika !

Good to see you well enough to run again Lou.

Looking good Bryan.

Wish I could run like Kimmie and Aussie Girl