Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

It's a new week. Here, Spring has certainly sprung. Everything has greened up nicely, and a lot of flowering bushes -- several trees have already dropped their flowers already. Nice to run without worrying about what to wear... 3.1 miles, 28:55, 9:14/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Spring has sprung. The weather has warmed up in most places (except in Fairbanks where there's still snow on the ground), and lets face it, Team Blister is in a conundrum. That's right, folks. I said conundrum. We had some marathons last week. But they didn't make it in the mileage logs. We had some shorter races and some tapering last week. We even had a really fast sub-17 minute 5K time that turned out to be closer to a 2.8K and a wonderful race report on the shortest race distance ever. I raced my kids around my house and timed it but no one gave me a pipe cleaner statue. For the record, I smoked both of those little losers Wink Our conundrum is that with the notable exception of jhallum and MrI (who damn well better start tapering for Bayshore), the lurkers are outrunning the regulars. This will not stand. On the brighter side on marathon front, Bugs and Shan finally got to meet each other and it sounds like they had a great time together. This was the first test of Bugs' new marathon training strategy and she ran it as a training run coasting to a very respectable 4:05 finish with Shan right with her at the end. This may have beeen our first Team Blister synchronized finish. Fargo was just a stepping stone to the big goal race coming up at Grandma's. From what I hear, the Swamp will be there in force. Until further notice, no injuries are allowed. Moreover, I expect some stupid running stunts from AmoresPerros and Pam if she's feeling better. And for the love of all that is good, Bugs and JF better start posting their mileage again. You've all been warned. And if you happen to see DanMoriarty, DVC2002, or Vixidu out there running somewhere, you have my heartfelt encouragement to go all Tanya Harding on their ass. Take 'em out. Unless they start posting and then they're off the hook. And I'll start pulling my weight with at least 40 this week. MTA: Nice to see Brian back running again with a very respectable 26.1. Only .1 miles away from perfection. jhallum 70.9 Mi DanMoriarity 56.9 Mi dcv2002 46 Mi AmoresPerros 45.4 Mi Mr Inertia 44.8 Mi WillRunForBeer 41.2 Mi pace2race 39.4 Mi VixiDu 38.5 Mi rockenmamof5 36.5 Mi dgb2n 30 Mi Cashmason 27.3 Mi HuskerB 26.1 Mi Dutchie42 24 Mi theyapper66 23.3 Mi Kimmie 21 Mi Joe Nation 16.9 Mi old-runner 9.1 Mi JellyFish & Bugs at least 26.2 but they're not telling

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Ran at 6 am for the first time in awhile.... got some nice hills in and ended up with almost 6 miles... would have run more, but I needed to get back to get DD1 off to school and let DH go to work. Really tough to juggle everything... i may just have to get going earlier. There is a group of people that run at 5 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays- they've invited me to join them. Don't know if I can do it. Good run Lou. I need to pick a fall marathon.

Hail to The Victors!

Never fear, taper starts this week, for real. Legs are pretty flat this morning, but it's not surprising given the busy and successful weekend that was. 12 days of recovery on tap! I'm pretty confident and excited about this one. How about you, MrI, ready to go?
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...There is a group of people that run at 5 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays- ...
            There's a few people where I am that do that kind of early running also -- I cannot fathom it myself, but I wish the you best of luck. PS: Dave, congratulations on finishing in the top three in that around the house .05K -- I'm sorry to hear there was no pipe cleaner statue - what a letdown that must have been after a great race Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

JellyFish said she was gonna be MIA for a couple of weeks, and for us not to worry about it.
              evanflein

There's a few people where I am that do that kind of early running also -- I cannot fathom it myself, but I wish the you best of luck.
                I couldn't do it either. Don't know how Lou and PDR do it. Of course, if I went to bed before midnight that might help. Roll eyes Busy weekend of elliptical nonsense for me. Some weights, some walking, some housecleaning (but obviously not enough). My condition seems to be improving, albeit slowly, and it's to the point where the worst thing I do is sitting. I think I'll stand a lot at work this week... Flight to Denver on Friday that I'm not looking forward to.
                  well if dh lets me you may see that "stunt" in a few weeks, however I'm enjoying the end of my taper. I'm suprised at how "lax" I got with my milage these past 2-3 weeks however sometimes life etc has a way of making sure you do what's needed. Hope it doesn't bite me in the butt. Got in a short easy run earlier. I may run again tonight may not. I like having choices. Like the past couple weeks who knows what this weeks milage will be. Just playing it day by day. Happy Monday everyone!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I say Steamtown for fall K Kimmie Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Kimmie, maybe you should check the mayor's schedule for inspiration - heh. I have no idea if he posts his schedule actually....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Also took the Body Pump class today.... I think my body is going to break. Smile I went to the running store to pick up some new shorts. Friends that work there ask me what my next race is.... I say, the 4 miler at the end of June that I'm training beginners to run. They say: What? How come you don't run something else? Not to mention the fact that I probably will be pacing others at that race and not racing it myself- haven't decided. Can't believe I feel guilty for not racing more..... there is a 10K in a week I might do... but it's hilly and hot and I never run fast there. Last year- I think I ran a 51: something... so we'll see... I'm rambling because I'm tired. Lou, what time do you guys go to bed?

Dave

Kim, I've been searching for a race or two to do. There's a trail HM down in Quantico this weekend that's got my eye. Teach me to do a summary. Seems like a conversation killer Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Kim, I've been searching for a race or two to do. There's a trail HM down in Quantico this weekend that's got my eye. Teach me to do a summary. Seems like a conversation killer Smile
                            I wish I could race this weekend... I'll be lucky if I even get a run in.... we're watching my friend's kids- two girls, ages 6 and 4. I'm hoping DH can handle all 4 so I can run in the morning... but I won't leave him for long. Smile And, I thought you're summary was great. Nothing funny or clever to add......... I will keep working on it, though. I wrote to Shan on FB about running God's Country Marathon on June 6th..... now you can make fun of me.

Bugs

JellyFish & Bugs at least 26.2 but they're not telling
                              Not that I'm not telling, I'm not logging. I made it up higher up in the headlines in the Fargo Forum than the Team Blister report. What does a girl have to do to get some attention around here?

Bugs

Kimmie

I'll give you more attention, Bugs. That was freaking awesome!!! I can't even believe that you ran that as an easy marathon and still logged a 4:08- that means, that 3:45 is in the bag at Grandma's. And Shan, is seriously inspiring..... she must have legs of steel.