Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/15/2010 (Read 275 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I wasn't all that sure I'd finish, unlike most races, so I preferred to keep it on the down-low. I'm very happy I did finish, and even made the cut-off so I should be in the posted results (when they come out).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Perry.  That 50 mile red bar makes all the other ones look small.  Wink

Ran 2 recovery miles just to top the week off at 50.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran 2 recovery miles just to top the week off at 50.

Heh, I'd do that Smile

Bugs

50 AT ONCE... I read at first and I was so lost because I was thinking week total.. Yikes. Great Job Perry! But I hope you know 50 miles of running is nuts and we'd never look down on anyone who had to drop out.

Oh I like to to round out the miles per week too.. Although I think in past it has helped my ego more than legs.

Weird Week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday legs were sore, right leg needed rest from track. Hardly ran.

Thursday, Fast 10 miles.

Friday, Slog 4 miles on sore legs, awful.

Saturday, 0, wore out from Friday night drinking, baby sitting friends 4 year old... no time to run

Sunday, 18.5 miles at a fast clip (8:30-9:00) Some watch trouble the first 8 mile loop. It was 32F and freezing rain coming down. Almost went into the ditch driving to town as our gravel roads were icy, but town roads were fine, but feet got wet. I had rested legs so was able to run fast and stay warm.

Got home after 3 hours of running in rain, and was late for Harry Potter Movie, husband was mad. I said, "give me five minutes". I changed into dry clothes, and headed out the door. I didn't freeze too much in the movie, but would have really loved some hot chocolate.

Don't know why I ran that far, it just felt great, so I kept running.

Need to sleep now, night.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did you really come in from a (long) run and get ready to go out in five minutes!? I couldn't do it that fast, and my DW would take 6 times that long.