Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/14/10 (Read 228 times)

I had trouble just running 14 yesterday, so hats off to Amanda and Pam for getting it done yesterday!

Good job Paul, on the 5K and to Dave for getting out there.

Worked all weekend.  And it's Monday <sigh>

3 recovery miles for me this morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, Lou, and everyone else for the nice congrats on the 5k.

I'm amazed at anyone finishing a marathon in the heat Pam and Amanda were in.  Great job.

Got my 5 miles recovery run in as early as I could.  Heat index is supposed to be between 100 and 104 here today.  Ugh.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

WTG AND CONGRATS PAUL on the new PR!!!

Lou you sound like your in need of a good vacation.

As for me I'm having major allergy issue's since yesterday after the marathon. I started having lots of drainage and was shooting snot rockets left and right after the pouring rain that we had for about a mile or so towards the end of the marathon  but by the time I got home I had a headache, scratchy sore throat and stuffy nose. By bed time my eyes were burning. Not any better today if anything worse. Tried  to go out for my long run but shut it down after one loop.Gotta get some of this under control before going out for 3-4 hours. Took tylenol pm and hopefully will get a bit more rest than last night (hardly slept cause I couldn't breath) and if I'm feeling better I'll try again when Ken gets home. If not guess it will be tomorrow. I have NEVER had this happen after a run but then again I've never been out in the heat humidity for 5 hours straight with rain showers thrown in for a bit on cinder trails in a park.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

I locked the other thread since Lou and I posted at the same time.

No great summary this week.  Just one tidbit.

Perry ran 110 miles last week.  I had a good week for me (21 miles).  Perry did that Saturday alone.  Good grief.  

Hope our marathoners recover well and taper well.  This is a big week for Bugs and she's gonna be CRANKY .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

as for the marathon. They had around 300+ register but only 171 finished. 26 of them finished sub 4 1 was sub 3

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

GO PERRY!!!!

evanflein

So Pam... you were trying to do a long run right after a tough marathon when you're suffering from allergies or something?? I think someone needs to get a reality check... Take it easy girl. There are no prizes for most OCD, ok?

Awesome running, Perry. How many hours does that take to run 110 miles? I couldn't imagine...

Yay on the 5k, Paul! Knew you could do it.

Rainy, cool, buggy weekend for us. Not sure what's going on with our weather, we usually have beautiful conditions in June. This year we've had pretty nice weather most of the week, and then cloudy, windy and rainy on the weekends. Not so nice, IMO. But it did clear up a bit yesterday afternoon so I got a nice run in while our (late) dinner cooked. Today is nice again (hey, it's Monday!) but I've got errands and "stuff" to do so no run, maybe later.

I'm in the middle of training for my 100 Erica. Yes I should have not gone out this morning and waited until this evening however Katie has softball tonight and I didn't want to throw that onto dh. This isn't the first time I've trained like this. Yes I'm pushing my body, but I'm really good at listening to my body . Training for 100 miler is a bit different than training for a marathon.

MTA: I didn't race yesterday I turned it into a long  training run. I'll admit I've never ran a 5 hour training run and then another long run however I have run a 26.2 one day then 16 the next day  and many other very close mileage back to backs. 

Hawt and sexy

So, we are training now?

I'm touching your pants.

So, we are training now?

YES now get out and run Wink

Dew point yesterday fluctuated from 71-74  No wonder we looked like drowned rats by mile 2

Bugs

Great job Pam. That kind of heat really sucks. You had the right attitude to use it as a training run. You're body runs on a different set of rules than me for sure, no I couldn't run 16 post marathon, but damn how do you even get the mental energy to go out and run 16 the next day.

110 miles, wow Perrry. That is nuts, you rock

I'm still nervous about how my legs will feel on race day. My one hamstring was starting to stiffen up, can feel a knotty area in hamstring this morning. I did some PT exercises and it is better. I don't want that dreaded stiff feeling behind the knee. My legs felt a little bit like they were burning today, minor soreness. It is a soreness I probably wouldn't even feel if I didn't have a sit-down all day job. Well nothing I can do but wait around for Saturday and see what the day brings.

I'm going to take some time and XT after this marathon. Mankato marathon is up in the air, turns out it is on the same day as my son's 2nd Degree Black Belt test which is the cities. I can't watch him test so it might workout, as I would want to be there later for awards. Still shocked when I saw it was the same day, I was already registered.

Bugs

Bugs

Pam,

What brand of compression socks do you race/train in?

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

55 minutes of progression.  Felt okay, especially after my clothes were soaked.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice run Paul!

You are going to ROCK this weekend Bugs!!  As for my compression sleeves I use Zensah. I tell you they do the trick. I run on my toes so my calves do a lot of work. Nothing is sore today other than chaffed spots.

Well got out for another run last night. Forgot to turn garmin on until almost a mile into run so got closer to 12 miles than the 11 recorded. Oh well not the first time I've done that or the last.  Was loosing daylight so cut it short. Felt soooooooooo much better than I did for my first run. Legs felt like they could go forever. Wasn't all nauseated like I was in the morning. 

Didn't feel like it but got out for a short run this morning. Took tylenol pm before bed and still couldn't sleep well due to not being able to breath. Whatever that pollen was that we ran into during the last loop I'm HIGHLY allergic to it. Guess it was the  pollen burning my eyes not sweat like I thought.