Marathon Trainers

November 2012 (Read 342 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

welcome to you both!! 

I'm Jelly. I'm currently re-discovering consistency. I just ran my 23rd marathon last month after a 1.5 year hiatus - I do dumb things, but I have a lot of fun. 

Mysecondnewname

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Hi folks! I posted to the stickied thread, but I'll say Hi here as well. I'm also a RW refugee. I'm planning to run my first marathon (Mystery Mountain Trail Marathon) in October, so I'm sure I'll find great advice here. Hope you don't mind a marathon n00b.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

Cashmason

Welcome  RW  people.

And no we don't mind new comers or first time marathoners.

We all had a first time.

Cash

Hey Everybody!

I just joined up too, so I thought I'd pop in to say hello. I'm not training for anything specific right now, but I'm thinking about something in the spring. 

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, fellow RA newbies (I am one too).

4 days til Marathon #10.  Why do they ever feel like the first one?  Grrrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi everyone! I'm new around RA, too. Plan to run my 7th marathon this spring, looks like it may end up being the Georgia Marathon in March, though I would like to run a flatter one to have a better shot at getting a PR, so maybe plans will change...finally broke the 2000 mile mark for the year in this evening's run. 

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

welcome all!

I feel like a marathon newbie. Ran 10 very slowly and notoriously undertrained - or overtapered as I say. My main goal for 2013 is to run the Northcoast 24 in the fall for the third time--(Was untrained the past 2 times and made it 65 and 69 miles. But a spring marathon will fit in nicely in planning for the Fall NC24. 

My training was never great - and took a back seat when we were blessed with our daughter and then our son..

We encourage more than just marathon talk..anything is open here including pictures of your animals and kids.

Stopping by to say Hello!

I"m running marathon #10 in a week and a half.  Tapering is going well.  This one is "just for fun" because training got a little derailed due to a sore achilles tendon in October.  I'm looking for to it.  I just love the whole marathon experience.  Yay!

Docket_Rocket

welcome all!

I feel like a marathon newbie. Ran 10 very slowly and notoriously undertrained - or overtapered as I say. My main goal for 2013 is to run the Northcoast 24 in the fall for the third time--(Was untrained the past 2 times and made it 65 and 69 miles. But a spring marathon will fit in nicely in planning for the Fall NC24. 

My training was never great - and took a back seat when we were blessed with our daughter and then our son..

We encourage more than just marathon talk..anything is open here including pictures of your animals and kids.

No matter how many marathons I do, I always feel like a newbie while tapering.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Stopping by to say Hello!

I"m running marathon #10 in a week and a half.  Tapering is going well.  This one is "just for fun" because training got a little derailed due to a sore achilles tendon in October.  I'm looking for to it.  I just love the whole marathon experience.  Yay!

Nice..which marathon--Is it Vegas? I hope not for your sake--although I think that one is this weekend. I ran Vegas 3 straight years--this will be the 3rd one in a row I've skipped.

Nice..which marathon--Is it Vegas? I hope not for your sake--although I think that one is this weekend. I ran Vegas 3 straight years--this will be the 3rd one in a row I've skipped.

Nope, not Vegas.  I'm running the Rehoboth Beach Marathon in Delaware.  Weather is looking to be just about perfect (fingers crossed it stays that way).  SO is running his second half marathon, too. 

Docket_Rocket

I am running Vegas. Wheather is hotter than I wanted, even warmer than Miami which is where I am. Fortunately, the dewpoint is low so it should feel cool.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

PF: I loved the R.B. marathon the years I ran it - love the J/B trail section, and the park section, and loved the post-race food tent. Hope you have a great time at it.

Paul - congrats on capturing your time at the top of the mileage chart Smile

I did my annual 50 abt 2 weeks ago, then had about a week where I felt like I was just out slogging through three painful miles each day, and was starting to wonder if I'd lost my excitement about running. But it's coming back, and the soreness is gone.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul - congrats on capturing your time at the top of the mileage chart Smile

Hey, I take it where I can...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul