Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/14 (Read 238 times)

Cashmason

Dave,  DW4?   I read that as dear wife number 4.  

Sounds expensive to me.

I am askeered (scared)  of any woman

who likes a show called chopped.  

I am hoping your husband sleeps on his stomach.

Wine before breakfast?   

I am thinking  Bugs may be a partygirl.

Dave

Dave,  DW4?   I read that as dear wife number 4.  

Sounds expensive to me.

I am askeered (scared)  of any woman

who likes a show called chopped.  

I am hoping your husband sleeps on his stomach.

Wine before breakfast?   

I am thinking  Bugs may be a partygirl.

Oops.  I might have meant DD4.  Unless my wife got me 3 of the lousiest Christmas gifts ever :-)

I'm thinking that you're thinking correctly about Bugs.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ughhhhhhhhh! I woke up in a great mood despite finding out the race I had planned was postponed however my right arm is sore from the elbow all the way up to my neck and I'm really feeling it at the moment. I had just finished making me some oatmeal and was going to sit down yesterday  when I tripped over something and fell all the way to the ground landing on my right arm. Good news was I didn't drop or spill the bowl of oatmeal I had in my hand *sigh* We got lots of snow and I was really looking forward to running in it however not sure if I'll be able to enjoy it (depending on arm and neck). What a clutz. Oh and I got in a great workout last night and some snow shoveling. One would think I would have felt the soreness not long after my fall NOT. Anyway SUCKS getting old!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yesterday ran on the roads - main trick was keeping balance and avoiding stepping in slush and getting all wet.

Today a friend talked me into running in the snow, through some local trails. Main trick was keeping balance and avoiding stepping into slush/ice/pools and getting all wet. But much prettier scenery, being in the woods -- and occasionally going under trees, or around fallen ones.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ouch!  Sorry about your arm, Pam!

Sounds peaceful in the woods, Perry.

I did go out to run in the snow, just not for the 16 miles on my plan.

The roads are still unplowed, and I had to run in the tracks mostly.

5.1 miles, 47:08, 9:19/mi, AHR 149 (73% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

I'm sorry too, about your arm, Pam.

I decided to do P90X again today...  I got it awhile back but never used it much- concentrated on the running.

Now, I'm having that burnout thing, so this is good to motivate and challenge.  Yesterday was chest and back... 

Today was plyometrics-  I started out and I was like, Ha, Ha, I'm a marathon runner so this is too easy and then 20 minutes later, doing squat jumps, I was sweating.  Smile   Anything jumping with high knees, challenging.   But I held my own.  Smile

Have a good day all.   We're going to attempt to go to the mall... should be an adventure.

Kimmie

I meant to say, also, good job Perry and Lou.  I will probably attempt a run tomorrow, but my DH thinks it's too dangerous.  I don't have a treadmill and the gym is closed, so no running until I can figure out a good option.  I've never seen so much snow in my life.   One hour of intense shoveling...  
                Cashmason

Pam,  

You have to figure that a woman who trips and doesnt spill her oatmeal,  has to have earned the respect of a guy who brews beer for a hobby.

I remember playing beerball ( softball) where  you had a baseball glove on one hand, and a beer in the other, and you earned kudos  if you could catch the ball without spilling any beer.

Bugs

Pam,

Sorry about the arm. I know all about delayed aches and pains. I twisted my ankle a bit kickboxing Wednesday. It hurt real bad at first, then was fine. Last couple of days been stiff and not quite right. Think something is a little bit pinched in there.

Kim,

What P90X workouts are you doing? I did legs and back tonight and it about killed me.

This weekend was nuts getting ready for Christmas, and last night I couldn't sleep so I took a sleeping pill and slept till 1:30 p.m. today. Woke up tired as hell with lots of snow on the ground. Did not get a long run in, but am not fretting it. Will have some extra time once the kids are out of school and life will calm down.

Oh, and cabinet maker is behind...real kitchen hell doesn't start till Feb. I guess he is not concerned about affecting my marathon training. Maybe it will go faster with the delay..

Bugs

Kimmie

Kim,

What P90X workouts are you doing? I did legs and back tonight and it about killed me.

I did chest and back and plyometrics... not sure what's on tap today.

Love it so far.

evanflein

Glad to see you guys are digging out and getting back on with life, for the most part. I always feel a little out of it on this thread... we seem to move so quickly!

Nice slush running, Perry! Most of our trails are ski trails in the winter and I stay off 'em. There's one at the top of our hill that goes down and along a ridge line for a few miles, ending up in a subdivision with hardpack snow. I'll do that one a few times a winter, good for about 9-10 miles if I run along the road to DH's office at the end.

I'm so tickled to have run over 20 miles last week! Funny thing... I'm always experimenting with the insoles. Over the years I've accumulated quite a collection... some work great, others not so much. Well, I've had some sorbothane arch support insoles for awhile, got them for my Nike Pagasus that I tried a year or so back. Nice shoes but more like bedroom slippers... felt like they had absolutely no support in them at all. The arch-insoles seemed to help, but I mostly use those shoes for gym workouts. For yesterday's run, I took the right arch-insole out of the Nikes and put it in my old Speedstars. Left the left insole alone. So... off I go with mismatched feet. Worked great. I tell ya, this is a work in progress, but that seemed to work out pretty well.

Gym workout at lunch, pool run after work. That's the plan at least.