Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/30/11 (Read 290 times)

Happy  Memorial day everyone!  3 days of running for me last week Surprised.  My Mom is in town from Australia and I'm closing on a house, so things are a little hectic.  I need to get them back up again this week, somehow.

NameDistance ▼Time
    pace2race 74.9 mi 11:34:20
    Amores Perros 67.2 mi 8:51:28
    jhallum 50.3 mi 6:57:21
    evanflein 44 mi 5:58:32
    WillRunForBeer 43 mi 7:01:30
    AussieGirl76 28 mi 2:58:58
    Bugs 24.5 mi 3:53:25
    theyapper66 23.6 mi 3:52:33
    Kimmie 22.8 mi 3:43:31
    Dutchie42 17.8 mi 3:26:45
    dgb2n 5.3 mi 48:19
    Cashmason 5.1 mi 48:32
    rockenmamaof5    
    CaraH 0 mi 0:00
    irpete 0 mi 0:00
    lilcat19 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996 0 mi 0:00
    willamona 0 mi 0:00

Thanks for starting, Gen.  Moving?  Nice to have your mom in.  I guess so far away you don't get to see her too often.

Memorial Day, definitely a day to reflect on those who gave their lives in service.

A new week, and nice to have the day off.  Yesterday I ran 12 miles of trails.  Planned on 11 but my RP and I accidentally made a wrong turn (I was navigating Undecided  ) .   No matter, we found our way back to the cars.  There were 16 of us at the start, but everyone wanted to go a different distance so we split up.

3 easy this morning in the VFFs -- my foot seems better now, so I'll try again to ramp up.  Also ran 1.5 in them on Saturday.

Good week, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Hospital Hill should help with the miles Gen.  My bib number is 3102.  If it's as hot as it's forecasted to be I'll be doing it as a tourist.  I won't make it over to KC until evening and will have to get right to packet pickup.  I started back at a gym last week after 3-weeks off.  Still no results from the Bone Study.  I got a great deal from an add sheet coupon.  2-months for $30.00 at a downtown gym that has a lot of client turnover after the University goes on Summer break.  After that runs out I'll have to see what kind of deal I can get.  Core work really keeps the injury bug away.  The added gym work and the heat arriving has  slowed my daily training pace.  I'll have to cut back on the daily run distance to try and sharpen up for Saturday. 

Bugs:  Training change and diet change all at once can suck it out of you.  Don't feel bad about the open water swim.  You'll get used to it and it's much better to bail on the swim and get help before you can't help yourself out there.  No matter how quick and alert the spotters are, they can't see to the bottom of a lake.  You did the right thing getting their attention and taking the help. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

yep we needed a larger house and this one is beeautiful, so hopefully everything goes through OK.  And it's great to have my Mom in town, this is her third visit in the 7 years I've lived here. 

pacetorace, I'm 525.  Last year I ran with a friend of mine and lost her at mile 9, but I think I found someone this time around that will be pushing my pace the whole way.  I definitely should PR as I've done some speed work since I did it last year.  I've been worrying a little lately about my total lack of interest in running, then went out in some decent heat yesterday and managed an 8 min pace for 7 miles.  I hope that wasn't a one-off.  Hope everything is ok with your bone study. 

This may sound weird but if you have any concerns with your pickup and not being able to get it, I can get it for you and meet you somewhere the morning of.  Last year I remember it being a little too hot for my liking, fingers crossed!  I can tolerate the heat much better than many (perhaps my Australian desert upbringing made me tough). 

Bugs

Ran a miserable humid hilly 10K yesterday. I ran the first mile with 10 year old son and then he turned to run another mile in the 2 mile race. I decided not to run it all with him, let him finish by himself.  (Plus the 10K workout was a good one for me) He ran the entire thing and loved it.  At mile five a biker girl who had passed me in a bike time trail this week tried to pass me on the hill. I was thinking, "you can beat me on the bike but not in the run". I kept her back. 

This other girl I bike with often was ahead of me and as I passed her I tapped her shoulder and said, "Race on".   As I pass her she says, "You b!tch".. which of course was all in good fun..so funny! Once I teased her I had no alternative but to sprint like hell and didn't wait to see if she was going to sprint too. I told her good job as she crossed the finishline. Think my avg page was 8:26, not sure what time that is.

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs that's funny. Seriously. And I'm so proud of you for that work in the open water! That just really would get to me. I'm not a good swimmer in the first place, and I can swim around in the ocean (snorkeling and stuff), but somehow swimming in lakes just doesn't work for me.

Got some good running in this weekend, with 9 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday, both runs were just a hair over 8:00 m/m pace so that felt good. Spent all day yesterday in the garden and now my legs are shot! The stairs at work just about did me in. Ha, good thing I've got a few days to recover before the race. But... tonight I'll be finishing up some planting, maybe some detail work on Wednesday and then I'm gone most of the next two weeks! I'll be leaving the garden in DS1's hands... hope he remembers. I'll probably text him daily "did you water yet??"

Happy Camper

Gen:  Thanks for the offer on the packet pickup.  DW is still teaching but has promised we will be on the road by 4:00pm Friday.  Should give me enough time to check-in at the hotel and make it across the street to the packet pickup before it closes at 9:00pm.  There saying it's going to be upper 90's Friday so Saturday morning will be warm for sure.  8 minute miles are pretty speedy in this heat.  I would need more downhills than ups to keep that going. 

6 & change slow pace this morning.  Rain started falling the last half-mile.  It was 80F when I ran at 6:00am.  Did core workout with weights after work.  I will see how the legs respond to the squats, lunges, calf raises and deadlifts tomorrow morning. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

By chance, anyone running the Santonio Rock-n-Roll marathon, I got a free flight, a ride, place to stay and registration is just $69 tomorrow. Thinking hard about it.

Bugs

Bugs

By chance, anyone running the Santonio Rock-n-Roll marathon, I got a free flight, a ride, place to stay and registration is just $69 tomorrow. Thinking hard about it.

Registered. Not sure what I'll do about Mankato, drop out if need be. Walk a few miles. Kim, how close is this to you? Want to join me?

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs - that was a good deal.  I'm running Charlotte on Nov. 12, so SA would be tough (but I'd be a Maniac afterwards)

Ran a lot (for me) over the last 6 days to ensure I got at least 100 miles in for May, and I did get exactly 100.  Low month, but I figure if I can top triple digits during the suckiest month of running I've experienced, it's all good.  Still haven't decided if I want to run today or not.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Registered. Not sure what I'll do about Mankato, drop out if need be. Walk a few miles. Kim, how close is this to you? Want to join me?

I would love to, but I'll need to look at flights.   It's not too close- we're in VA.   How did you get a free flight?  That's so cool!

theyapper

On the road again...

I think Bugs should be the travel agent for Team Blister.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I would love to, but I'll need to look at flights.   It's not too close- we're in VA.   How did you get a free flight?  That's so cool!

Bugs

Bugs

Ugh, stupid browsers...

Kim, Frequent Flyer miles. My niece lives there. Been talking and talking about traveling to a race for so long, time to stop talking and do it.  I'm going alone since my husband doesn't have much vacation at new job. The nice thing about RP still injured is I do what I want, instead of following along.

I ran 9 slow yesterday, legs are still recovering from 10K. Then I did lunges yikes, feeling that today. I'm so behind on everything. I will jog at lunch and swim tonight. I have a 5k Saturday at 8, and open swimming at 10. Plus I need to bike.

Bugs

Bugs

Try a Green Monster you will be pleasantly surprised how good spinach in a blender is.

Bugs