Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/12 (Read 221 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Everyone did great!  Looks like 2 months from today we get to go crazy cheering on Bugs, too!  Congrats on getting into Grandma's.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Everyone did do great. Huge high fives for Jeremy and Erika. Erika you are queen of the month with that awesome run. I'm so impressed by you. You're just tough as nails and I love it. Can't wait to hear the details.

Kim, Great great job. You paced that nearly perfectly. I wasn't sure of your goal but I think 4:01 on that Boston course is awesome. I was so worried about your calves. Glad you had a great day.

Jeremy, Hope that cold didn't affect you???

Lou, Great job to PDR. Hope your feeling better now that the day has come and gone.

Pam, Sorry you had a tough day. I know it was not the race you wanted.

My legs felt really good post that 20 mile run, but my right achilles got set back. I iced and foam rolled. Jogged SLOWLY 3 miles yesterday. Going to lift some light weights at lunch and go on a run on the TM so I can jump off and do something else if I think it needs one more recovery day. Not going to follow any training schedule for this marathon, more of  a listen to your body approach, XT you ass off is something hurts, run your ass off if it doesn't.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

The race was awesome.  The cold didn't affect me at all,  in fact, after I took the advil pre-race, I didn't notice it again until about 4pm, after I got out of the shower.  Pretty nifty!

Happy with the PR, but I felt like I gave too much time up on miles 22 and 24, was hoping to get back down into the 7:30s, but I had two 7:50s on the downhills at the end.  

Looking forward to today and tomorrow off, and back at it on Thursday!

theyapper

On the road again...

I can't wait to hear all the details about the race yesterday.  Everyone really did awesome.

I got in a 50 min tempo today - 10 min warmup, 30 min @ 10k pace and 10 min cooldown.  Felt really good, especially the last mile of the tempo as I went uphill the whole way and held pace.

Have a great one!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Jeremy,

Glad to hear the cold did not bother you. Sometimes those colds can work to your advantage, scares you into getting extra hydrated.

Bugs

Kimmie

Hey you guys!!!

Just a quick check-in.   Home and can finally post something.   Thanks SO much for tracking us yesterday.   That is awesome.

I am bummed to not have met Jeremy and Pam.   Pam, so sorry that you didn't feel well.  Did you have Rockenmama on the back of your shirt?  Thought I saw a woman with that on the back of her shirt and then I lost her in the crowd.

Jeremy and I did talk on the cell phone at Athlete's Village.  Not sure if he made it over to the Info table or not, where we were going to meet.  It was crazy and loud.

My race went AWESOME!!!   I am just so happy I cannot even tell you guys.  I can't wait to write a full report.   My goal was to really go easy and save some for the hills at the end, and that is what I did.   Maybe, just maybe, I could have run the first half faster, but I don't know.   When I was at mile 22, I thought a sub 4 hour was possible, so I was able to pick it up (downhills here helped).   I felt like I was pushing hard, I think around a 8:30 pace (not sure on that).   Love being able to feel strong at the end and pass people.  Crossed the line and my watch said 3:59:42 and that  made me super happy.   Then I heard the results of 4:01:20 and I was like "What"?     finally, I figure out that my auto pause was on... so I stopped to pee and when I saw my family, I stopped for a tiny bit... so that was it.   No worries, I really didn't care.   I didn't put in the training to deserve a faster time than that.   I was just super happy to be there and enjoy it so much.

Wow, I said I would be quick.... Smile

It was AWESOME to meet Erika, too.  Smile   Bugs, she is as cool IRL as we've always thought she was.  Smile

Lou,

You and Harriet have run Boston before right ?

Yup.

Could have sworn I saw a thread for this week but can't find it now.  Am I missing it somehow?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

It was AWESOME to meet Erika, too.  Smile   Bugs, she is as cool IRL as we've always thought she was.  Smile

I wasn't jealous of you guys Monday (just sincerely excited and happy for you guys) but when I read that you met Erika I became very jealous.

Bugs