pace2race  50.2 mi 8:10:08
    evanflein  43.2 mi 5:55:26
    CaraH 40.1 mi 5:56:55
    theyapper66 27.3 mi 4:17:29
    Bugs 20.4 mi 3:06:18
    irpete 18 mi 2:52:42
    jhallum 15.2 mi 2:03:57
    Kimmie  8.4 mi 1:21:50

We've got some people out with injuries - here's to quick recoveries!  I had a muggy 45 minute recovery run this morning.  It's gonna be a hot one this week here in the South.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(bump to fix order after I commented on the old thread)

It's raining and fairly cool here. Maybe I'll get to run in the rain tonight.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Raining here, too. I'm going to the gym at lunch with DH. Seems like forever since we've done that! Then I'll get in a RAW for just a few miles.

Ran a 10k on Saturday night in 46:00 flat. Second fastest time for that distance/course and just about 1:30 off last year's PR time. Pretty good considering the long drive right before (over 5 hours in the car), and a loooong run that morning.

theyapper

On the road again...

Ran a 10k on Saturday night in 46:00 flat. Second fastest time for that distance/course and just about 1:30 off last year's PR time.

Congrats on a PR.

considering the long drive right before (over 5 hours in the car), and a loooong run that morning.

Maybe this should be your new pre-race strategy. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Nope, no PR this year. Last year was 1:30 faster, but still happy with my time. And no, don't plan on repeating this year's pattern any time soon!

Happy Camper

An awesome 10k time Erika.  Can't believe you didn't win or at least place in age group with that.  You must be holding out on us! We want hardware details...

SSDD for me.  10-miles pain free this morning but slow going in 81F at 6:00 am.  Hope it's cooler tomorrow.  Have to run earlier and will only get 6-8 miles in depending when I get my arse out the door.  Did chest and shoulders at the gym after work.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

I was first in my age group for the 10k.

19/1728 for women.

Elliptical and U/B weights at lunch, now heading out for a run in the sunshine. For a day that started so drippy, it turned out really nice!

OK I'm back.  Congratulations on the PR, the great race, and the 5 hour car ride survival!

I'm very impressed in those that cross-train, particularly people who do weights.  I know i"m a stronger runner when I do it...but.

Anyway, I did the hospital Hill half a few weeks ago, then a corp challenge 1mi race (second) and a corp challenge 800m (forth), and ran one other time.  My mum has been in town and I've moved house, busy busy busy.  Hope everyone is well.

Bugs

Erika, Awesome 10K.

Tomorrow is my first open water TRI. I've put it out of my mind all week, but now it is just hours away and I'm scared. I've never swam that far (1/4 mile) without stopping, but I'll have a wet suit and you can float pretty easy in it. I have no idea how long it will take me to swim, good swimmers do it easily in 9 minutes. Me  12, 15 minute, I don't know. I just want to get through it, no rescue boat required.  I swam in the pond Thursday and got in the middle and stopped. I just didn't want to do it, the water was cold and I hated putting my face in the water. Then I swam back, regrouped, and was able to swim across. Right now I'm just telling myself, you just have to do it just once. I just need to stay calm and keep swimming, or dog paddle my way through it.

Bugs