Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/15 (Read 218 times)

Dave

Great job, you guys.  Sorry about the timing thing, Kim.  You know what you ran.  .

Any pictures from the get together?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Sounds like a great race. Great Great Job to Kim and Harriet. You guys make me want to race.

Lou, you did great too! Really that is faster than fast on most people's fastest day. Love the baby pictures. That big smile is just what I'd expect from someone related to you.

Group run and I wanted to run with the guys, and frankly thought I'd be better running short and faster. I had two days rest, because I had been overtired yesterday and just let myself off the hook. 9 @ 8:20 pace, when WHAM my foot hurts like hell. I walked, and then ended up running the last mile just on the ball of my foot. My calf issues are having me compensate by running more on the side of my foot. Feels just like when I hurt my FEET for Grandmas. NOT going to happen again. Feet don't hurt now, and can even jog around the house fine, but I'm XTing for a few more days. Long story short, I was probably dumb to run that fast, so long after so my time off.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the fast run, but yeah, be careful of that, cause altering your stride can lead to other strains and stuff, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yikes, Bugs -- hope it's nothing serious.

I don't think anyone took pictures at the get-together -- we realized after we left that we simply forgot.  Sorry.

But I did take pics during my 5 miler this morning.  It's on FB, but since some of you are not ON facebook, I'll repost them here.  Plus a bonus of the presidential motorcade.

I'm pretty sure the president was in this vehicle -- he was coming back from congress after lobbying for the healthcare reform.  I think it was this vehicle because of the flags, maybe presidential seal on the door, and I believe this one looks armored.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey, Lou, (deleted mistake) -- never mind, I had 2009 mixed up with 2010 looking at PDR's Half results.

Uh, I think she was off by a second, but she does have to change the distance on yesterday's race to be accounted for properly on the PR page.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Gorgeous pics, Lou.

3 miles for me today for my first run in a couple of weeks.  Damn I needed that.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Go Dave. It's almost Spring. Down here south of the arctic I mean. I guess you might get the snow to melt down far enough you can almost see the tops of the houses some day.

Kimmie

Cool pics, Lou.

I thought about the fact that we didn't take pictures after we left.   And we all had our phones out, too.

Well, this week's mileage was too low.  Wonder why I felt so sick Wednesday- Friday and then Saturday morning- nothing.

I don't think I'll write a race report for Saturday.  It's not like the time was stellar or anything.  It just was so much fun.

Really wanted to get a run in today and just didn't happen.  The family had many activities all day and I didn't get my butt out of my bed first thing, so....

Yeah Bugs for a fast run and hope your foot is OK.

Dave, you were missed yesterday.  Smile