Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/3 (Read 310 times)

Kimmie - it's the Route 66 marathon, here in Tulsa. Just 1 week away!
      Great job Shan! Im having tightness and slight pain in the calf. So I bagged the long run today. Pissed about it. I will get out tomorrow and take it easy. Need to keep (get) the fitness up..but getting to the point where if I push an injury I will jeopardize the marathon. This has been lingering for a couple weeks. I will take it relatively easy with short easy runs this week, and hopefully get my 20 miler in next weekend.

Bugs

Hym...Did Shan run the longest today??? I opted for a nap instead of long run. My cold was winning the battle today, body, legs were dragging. Felt better tonight and opted for step aerobics, which I have found as valuable to my running and running. Murphy, Sorry about the calf pain. Make sure and roll it with stick or massage with butter knife and oil. (I would do butter knife and oil or make graston appointment.) You might want to try a slight JOG tomorrow. Sometimes these things heal better if we keep moving. One of my good friends called me, and she is really bad achilles tendonities. What do I do she asks? Of course you all know my answer, go see my graston doc. I sure hope she does. She went to see medical doc and of course they did nothing.

Bugs

Dave

Nope. I got 10 in. Pictures to prove it. That is WillRunForBeer and Trent with me. Erika, you guys have met, I believe.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

It is equal to a 3 hour run. Your body doesnt take quite the pounding, so you don't feel quite as sore, but you are just as tired. For me the thigh muscles are a lot more tired and sore after biking, but your feet, knees, calves and hips seldom hurt. Today, climbing the steep hills after 2 1/2 hours of riding, was the first time I ever felt my glutes firing, while riding a bike. Your back and neck can get quite sore from biking, if you are in an aggressive aero postion on road bikes. That wouldnt happen on a beach cruiser or mountain bike though. Plus riding in an agressive postion puts a lot of pressure on the male and female bits, as Brenda found out today. Again that doesnt happen running or riding on a mountain bike. Then again, there is an exhilaration going 20 to 40 miles an hour, with the wind in your hair, that I just don't get from running. But falling at running speeds hurts a whole lot less than if you fall biking.