Marathon Trainers

Week of October 3 (Read 224 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(Kim already checked in at the end of last week, so at least we know someone went out and ran -- I'm not one of those diligent crack-of-darkness runners.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

I'm not either. I run at lunch or after work, or mid-day usually during the weekends. I only get up early to run when I'm traveling for work, because that's really the only time.

Kimmie, I know what you mean about needing a race to train for. Seems harder to make each run feel important without a goal. But then again, learning to run for fun and fitness is a worthy goal, right? I don't have any races scheduled till Boston so feel the same way.

Nice 6.7 mile trail run at lunch today. Needed the gloves I barely remembered to dig out of my bag!

evanflein

NameDistance ▼Time
        pace2race 67.7 mi 12:14:41
        Amores Perros 59.3 mi 7:26:41
        WillRunForBeer 54.2 mi 8:06:27
        CaraH 50 mi 7:32:55
        AussieGirl76 40.4 mi 5:38:08
        evanflein 37.4 mi 5:03:41
        irpete 34.9 mi 5:43:59
        Bugs 25 mi 4:04:30
        jhallum 23.1 mi 3:11:18
        theyapper66 19.5 mi 3:33:47
        Kimmie 12.7 mi 1:56:52
        Murphy996 10 mi 1:52:06
        dgb2n 4 mi 38:00
        Cashmason 1.2 mi 10:12
        KristenJBerg    
        rockenmamaof5    
        willamona    
        Dutchie42 0 mi 0:00

I see Paul and Dave are still out there, logging their runs. Wish they'd check in every now and then.

Happy Camper

2010 RB Revenge

2011 Hospital Hill

2011 RB Revenge

Hopefully the pictures show some weight loss.  Upper is from last years Rock Bridge Revenge.  Middle is from Hospital Hill In June of 2011.  Lower picture is from last Sunday at 2011 Rock Bridge Revenge.  It was a beautiful day.  Good thing.  Took two wrong turns on the first loop and someone moved trail markers for the second.  Ended up with some extra miles and 40 minutes slower than 2010 despite the lost pounds.  I needed an extra belt to keep the shorts up.  Smile

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

You're a good lookin old man ;-) Taper time for me, life is good

Happy Camper

You're a good lookin old man ;-) Taper time for me, life is good

Sharpening for Boston? Big grin

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I keep saying I need to get buff for Boston, as those will be photos I'll be paying for.  I may be 122 or so pounds, but without regular strength training it's not much to write home about. 

evanflein

Nice pictures, Bryan! Your hard work has definitely paid off. Me on the other hand, I'm slacking. Working out and running less, eating just the same. Oy. Up 6 lbs from my "fightin' weight" from last June. Going into fall feeling a little fluffy is not the best plan to have.

6 mile run yesterday at lunch, ended up being sort of a temp run at the end. Oops. So much for the easy run idea. I might try that again today and see how it works. We're being blessed with nice weather so far this month and I want to take advantage of every day!

Kimmie

wow, it's already Friday and I haven't checked in yet.  

Ran 7 miles this morning and something like that a few times this week.   So, I'm talking about goals and a friend of mine tells me she's set a goal of walking 100 miles in the month of October.   So, I think, Great!  I'll do that, too- but with running, but then I thought that wasn't going to be challenging enough, and I need to match the level of difficulty that it's going to be for her.  So, I told her I would set a goal of 200 miles this month... and I looked back and that will be the most I've ever run in a month, even with massive marathon training.    So, I'm determined to do it.  I think my best bet is every day runs, around 8 or so miles a day, I think.   If I try to go long, I may be tempted to take a day off.

So, there's my goal:  200 miles this month.   Smile

Erika, I can't imagine you're fluffy.   Bryan, I like your pictures too!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Go Kim!

Kimmie

Thanks Perry!

It kind of irks me when someone says something negative about this goal.... I KNOW it's going to be tough-  that's why I'm shooting for it.    But it really fuels my fire when someone acts like it's impossible.

This morning, I ran with a friend in her first 5K at age 51.  I was so proud of her and she was thrilled that she ran it without walking.    Then, I met up with another friend and ran almost 7 more-  10 total.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.   It's beautiful here.

I know you can do it, Kim.  You're a very strong runner.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Thanks Lou! How have you been?

I've been fine, Kim, thanks.  Harriet and I have been training for Atlantic City, which is this coming Sunday.  This cycle has been frustrating for me because of some injuries, giving blood at the wrong time, etc., but I was able to run a couple of 20s last Sunday and two weeks before that so I feel I'm (just about) ready.  Time for hanging out on the internet seems to be elusive, though, which is why I haven't been here much.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope you get another one of these cool dry mornings, Lou.