Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/7/2010 (Read 207 times)

Kimmie

Yay Dave is back!

Ran 5 easy miles today-  a little sore, but overall felt OK.

Cashmason

Cash...

Love you too Hun !

Cashmason

I'll catch up later but wanted to let everyone know I'm back from overseas.

Actually ran a half marathon in Kandahar, Afghanistan last week.  It was an extension of the Marin County Marathon and they provided shirts and everything.  Should have some pictures next week.

Glad you are back and safe !

Kandahar.  Man - I complain that I have a tough job, but it is nothing compared to yours.  Glad you're back.

3 miles, recovery pace.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The blister wasn't what was actually causing me problems it was the hot spot that surrounded it. I always pop my blisters to drain them, Anyway the hot spot is no longer bright red and is almost gone. Started running a low grade fever last night and also found out my RP DD was diagnosed with Strep this past Monday. So I could possibly have strep. My rule of thumb when sick is if I'm not running a fever I'll run so despite feeling like I swallowed a flaming golf ball I went out and ran today and I am SO GLAD I DID!!! Very enjoyable run . Legs are feeling AWESOME!!!  I have a funny feeling that if it isn't flooding tomorrow I'll be out running. Who knows maybe my body is ready to get back to 6-7 days running again.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Glad to hear Dave is back! Can't wait to see pics from your H/M , which btw I am very jealous that you got to run a race on the fly in another country!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

btw I am very jealous that you got to run a race on the fly in another country!

Not sure I expected jealousy on this one.  The first couple of miles were running towards the big "poop pond".

It was neat though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

5 miles recovery paced this morning

feel better, Pam

Kimmie

Details, Dave, we need details.  Smile

Hope your continuing to feel recovered, Lou.   Hope you feel better, Pam.

Ran 19.8 miles in the rain and wind and on serious hills again.   I guess it's 1300 feet of elevation gain.  I don't know how to link it here from my Garmin.  Just a URL link?   Anyways, this time I was running with some slower people which was really NICE... but it still didn't feel super easy, just not sucking the life out of me hard.

So, miles 1-17 were in the 10:00 range and then I decided to see if I could do a fast finish... a little tough, but managed 9:15, 9:25 and a 7:53 (although that's cheating because I didn't run a full last mile)  I felt good but I couldn't make myself add enough on to make it a full 20.

The wind and rain were pretty brutal.   43 miles this week for me, and I hope to run tomorrow. 

Cashmason

Details, Dave, we need details.  Smile

Kimmie,  do we really need more details about a big poop pond?       wink.

19 miles is pretty amazing.   Every time I go past 16 it hurts.   And now just walking to the front door hurts the calves.

Dont remind me about the time change.   I get to sub a cycle class at 8 30 tomorrow morning, and it will feel like 7 30.,   And I have to get up and hour and half before that  to get ready for the class.

Unlike Lou,  I like to sleep in on the week ends.

Hey, I slept in -- past 7, even.

Nice 20, Kim (unlike Cash, I'll round up Smile ).  You're ready.

Have we found a place to eat near National yet?  One more week.  I may run a bit faster than I have been, but not a PR pace, that's for sure.

here ya go Kimmie. NICE run!!

Thanks guys for the feel better wishes!! I'm not running a fever though I'm still feeling like crap. Besides feeling like I swallowed a burning golf ball and the fact that I just have this nasty taste in my mouth ruining my appetite I'm feeling MUCH better than I was over last weekend. I've got 20 miles on tap tomorrow. I really wanted 20 miles of hills but that may not happen. It all depends on what the group I'm running with decides to do. If not I've got 10 miles with BIG hills in it on tap for Wed.

WAY to get out there in the crappy weather Kimmie!!

Dave I'm not jealous  about  "big poop pond" just the traveling and racing on the fly part.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. While you guys race National next weekend I'll be *racing* my first 5k (not sure if I'm capable of doing that but I'm going to try).

Hope your 20 went well, Pam.  BTW, if it were me I'd get the throat looked at.  It does sound like strep is a possibility.

20.3 miles @ 9:10/mi (3:05 total).  It rained from mile 16 until the finish.  So far, so good.  That's a bit slower than I'd normally run it, but I figure I'm still building.

Some jerk in a car yelled at me to get off the road at about 19.5 <grr>

Bugs

Nice LR Kim and Lou!!! Awesome!!

Cash,

I want to bike more. I test road a bike, and it just felt wonderful. The impact of running gets old and it just felt good on that bike. It was a flippen nice bike though, a Trek Madone..$2800. I'm still hoping to find a used bike, and I need to try more sizes not sure if I am 52 or 54. I 5'5" with a really short torso. If I got into biking I'd have no problem spending that kind of money, but just think I need a cheaper bike that I can throw on a trainer. Guessing you would not want that bike on a trainer?

15 miles, about avg pace 9:10. Ran was a group and was fun. Would have hit 16 but the girl I finished with hamstring was in bad shape at the end, and it was probably wise for me to stop. My calves have been acting up. I think poor transition from TM to outside. I know the drilll... graston, stretch, keep running.

Bugs