theyapper66 30.1 mi 4:38:29
    CaraH 27.1 mi 4:14:54
    Dutchie42 22.1 mi 4:10:07
    Kimmie 16.2 mi 2:31:00
    irpete 16 mi 2:26:10
    dgb2n 14.6 mi 2:15:00
    jhallum 5 mi 45:01
    Cashmason 2.1 mi 20:00

Welcome to the new week everyone!  Interesting summary this week with Erika at the top of the heap.  Awesome mileage by Gen and an amazing 3:13 marathon by Perry.

I also notice a couple of miles sneaking in by Jeremy and Cash.   Although my miles were low, I did get 4 runs in for the week so I'm pretty happy about it.

National is just around the corner.  Run safe and healthy everyone!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

holy moly 3:13, that is crazy fast!

evanflein

Amazing race there, Perry. Funny about the taper, but glad you got a payoff from it.

Nice running there, Lou.

Gen, nice long run for you yesterday. I suck at pacing, so don't ask me for any advice. But it sounds like you handled it well and adjusted your pace after the first mile or so felt too fast.

So why isn't Jeremy running more? I thought he'd gotten the green light to get back to it.

Nice 5k Bryan. Hey, improvement is improvement, you did well. Hey were there any "final results" from that study on strength training that you were in?

I had a good weekend of running with 10.1 hilly miles at 8:20 pace on Saturday, and 20.1 @ 8:16 avg pace yesterday. I even had a negative split on that run, by about a minute or so but hey, I'll take it! I guess it pays off to have all the real hilly stuff in the first half of the run... Gave me that 66+ miles for the week that's pretty cool. This will be a cut back week. I seem to have done something to my hip yesterday or last night, I think it might be from slipping on the ice. Even with screw shoes, we've got so much ice here still it's hard to not slip a lot.

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice try on the marathon, Perry.  Better luck next time.  Roll eyes

7 easy miles this afternoon in some beautiful spring weather.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Nice marathon Perry! Smile

7-mile RAW  in the snow.  7-inches today. Angry

Erika:  I start my last cycle on Wednesday.  I'll get the results from the 6-month and the 12-month Dexa scan in April or May. 

Today was 1-rep max out.  I lifted 405 lbs on the full squat. They had two spotters for me. Big grin

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Today was 1-rep max out.  I lifted 405 lbs on the full squat. They had two spotters for me. Big grin

Wow.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

7mi easy for me. Got sore near end, am a bit sore tonight - probably should have stopped earlier.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

405 lbs?  O...M...G .  Uh, snow?  That stinks

8 relatively easy miles for me this morning, with a few striders thrown in.

really starting to get busy at work so I don't know how much time I'll have to visit here, but I'll try to when I can...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

That's strong, Bryan.  Nice.

7.5 for me today, including my last tempo run before National.  5 miles @ 8:07.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Nice tempo run, Paul.  Nice to have that last one in the bag.  You will feel so fresh on race day.

3.4 for me today.  My usual rushed treadmill run.  30 minutes.  1.5 warmup.  Then progression run to the finish.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

405 lbs?  O...M...G .  Uh, snow?  That stinks

8 relatively easy miles for me this morning, with a few striders thrown in.

really starting to get busy at work so I don't know how much time I'll have to visit here, but I'll try to when I can...

Just a note to say, that I have never noticed that snow has any smell to it,  unless man has added something to it.

405 pound full squat... I could do that.... if you added up 4 reps.

Foot hurts too much to run,  so I just hang out here to make silly comments.

Sorry about the foot, Cash.

I was supposed to do intervals today, but have been blowing those off the whole cycle so why start now?  Anway, the run felt great this morning.  I kept thinking I'd slowed down but really hadn't.  I tried to chase down Harriet at the end but couldn't catch her.  My garmin might have been off a bit, but probably only a few seconds per mile.

10.1 miles, 1:20:00, 7:54/mi, AHR 155 (75% MHR)

1 - 8:18(135)

2 - 8:03(146)

3 - 7:52(149)

4 - 7:50(155)

5 - 7:57(155)

6 - 7:57(154)

7 - 7:52(158)

8 - 7:58(155)

9 - 7:47(160)

10 - 7:38(164)

11 - 0:50(167) [0.13=6:25]

Today is the first day after my 20mi run on Saturday that my legs feel ok, I couldn't even use my stick.  I managed an easy 7mi yesterday, but my muscles had felt almost raw on Sunday and Monday.  Clearly my body didn't dig that pace as a training run.  Perry on the other hand can toss out a 7:15 pace marathon, then get in 11.6 miles over the next two days!  Then we have Mr 400+lb squatter here. 

evanflein, you suck at pacing?  How'd ya qualify for and run Boston, not to mention that Ultra!

Good luck theyapper66 at Nationals

haha go Harriet!

WillRunForBeer nice pace!

Pokes head in to say HIIIIIIIIIIII!

Hope your hip is feeling better Erika ASAP!  Same with your foot Cash!!

AWESOME race Perry!

My 50 mile race is this weekend. I've been in physical therapy for my neck for the past 3-4 weeks. JUST started back running after 2 weeks off and a couple small mileage weeks.  Once I had my spasms in control enough to run, I still wasn't able to run without feeling like I was going to die. Turns out it was partly due to the muscle relaxer I had been taking. Thankfully I realized that early last week and stopped taking it so that it's now completely out of my system. My stamina is returning, but so is my stiff neck *sigh* Anyway I've missed you guys and come here every so on but have had issue's with posting. I HATE posting then not for awhile, but I get this way during heavy training or lack of training. Hope to get things back to normal after my recovery week next week.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hi, Pam!!!