Marathon Trainers

9/8-9/14 (Read 238 times)

Cause I CAN

how do you figure I'll make 5:30?
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Dave

Because you've got a great support group Wink But in all seriousness, you already have a marathon training cycle under your belt. That will make a difference as you enter this next cycle, even though you haven't been logging many miles lately and your first run didn't go that great. You know what to expect. You've got a good amount of time before your race. I think you can knock a half hour off last year's time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Peach, If your mind can believe it and concieve it you can achive it. So first, you need to believe. Dgb, That weather sucks. My only advice slow, remind yourself time on feet is the goal today. Feel like I'm getting a cold, seems likely because my house hasn't been cleaned for so long the state health department wants to shut it down. Maybe it's stress, I need a lawyer again. I hate lawyers. I've yet to have one that didn't screw something up and wish so badly life was just made up of common sense people. Speaking of common sense, you would think that the top 3 woman in today's race would have been recognized with awards? Nope. They gave awards only to the 1st in each AG award. Top 3 woman were 30-39. I was 2nd. 5 mile race. avg pace 7:58. Pretty good since my legs were semi-tired. Sure wasn't the same legs that ran last Sunday. My friend was ahead of me, she is very fast but doesn't usually have good miles in. I know she is running her 5K pace in a 5 mile race, caught her at the end of the 3rd mile, don't know I would have had she not stopped for water. I always feel a little guilty trying to beat friends but seriously they should take it as a compliment. 1 - 8:00 2 - 8:07 3 - 7:47 <- had="" to="" catch="" up="" with="" friend="" 4="" -="" 8:13=""></-><- really="" breathing="" hard,="" please="" don't="" make="" me="" talk="" 5="" -="" 7:37=""></-><- tired but breathing better, so much easier when you know you're almost done. finish want to vomit, seriously a bit sick at the end...but i lived. i was explaining to ds how i got robbed of any award for getting 2nd and he said, "mom it's not always about winning it's about doing your best." hell it was. we went to the dollar store and bought a 2nd place ribbon to hang in the exercise room. :) tired="" but="" breathing="" better,="" so="" much="" easier="" when="" you="" know="" you're="" almost="" done.="" finish="" want="" to="" vomit,="" seriously="" a="" bit="" sick="" at="" the="" end...but="" i="" lived.="" i="" was="" explaining="" to="" ds="" how="" i="" got="" robbed="" of="" any="" award="" for="" getting="" 2nd="" and="" he="" said,="" "mom="" it's="" not="" always="" about="" winning="" it's="" about="" doing="" your="" best."="" hell="" it="" was.="" we="" went="" to="" the="" dollar="" store="" and="" bought="" a="" 2nd="" place="" ribbon="" to="" hang="" in="" the="" exercise="" room.=""></- tired but breathing better, so much easier when you know you're almost done. finish want to vomit, seriously a bit sick at the end...but i lived. i was explaining to ds how i got robbed of any award for getting 2nd and he said, "mom it's not always about winning it's about doing your best." hell it was. we went to the dollar store and bought a 2nd place ribbon to hang in the exercise room. :)>

Bugs

Cashmason

Thats the spirit Bugs. I accidently ran 10 miles Saturday afternoon. Well it wasnt an accident. I put on running clothes and went outside and ran. Almost 27 miles this week. Gotta stop doing that, its gonna ruin my reputation.

Dave

Way to go, Bugs!! I think you lose points for not actually hurling at the end. Do you have pictures? Really nice consistent splits on that one. Cash, your secret's safe with us. I'm killing time this morning before going out the door for 20. Doing my "please don't bonk" routine (coffee, bagel, banana) and charging my dead ipod. This is where someone chides me for needing the Ipod but it's 3 hours running in a steam room, looming over me right now. Sad Hope everyone is healing up, having good runs, or both (in the case of Bugs).

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - WAY TO GO!!!! Peach - You can totally do it! You just have to want it bad enough! Dave - I hope the run is going well!!! The air outside looks like soup! Dead Cash - what run? who does that? certainly not you... Erika - sorry to hear your garden wasn't quite as fruitful as you hoped, but at least you got some things. Husker - no need to be sorry. We knew you'd make it back and life had probably just gotten in the way. Nice job on the run - although I hope it was just rainy and windy and not filled with thunder and lightening.
                Nope, just rain yesterday. Pretty amazing, I went to bed at 11:00 and it was raining and blowing like crazy. Wake up today and it's 60s, breezy, sunny and the humidity is gone. For the first time in a long time, my long run will be in the middle of the afternoon. Have to break out the sunscreen, that's a new one for me. Hoping to get 15 in today. Looking forward to my first 20 of this cycle next weekend.

Dave

Hope your 15 went well, Husker. 20 for me today. First in training. Ditched my HRM for this one. Hot, humid, painful. Didn't bonk though. I lost 7 pounds even refilling my fuel belt twice (36 ounces each time). Where the hell is Fall?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH DAVE!!! Husker - oh well then you aren't crazy then! Wink Be careful putting it on your face - I find it burns like heck when it sweats into your eyes!

Bugs

Cash, good job on the run. How you all of sudden go out there and run that far I don't know. Brian, afternoon LRs are not as fun are they? Seems like the whole day is ka-posh. Shan, do anything fun this weekend? My run was COLD, WET, WiNDY and quite a bit of mud involved. Dgb, are your dripping with envy? I could have worn tights it was that cold, really not sure it was more fun than your humidty. Just 10 miles. My last LR will be on Tuesday, as I have been planning for awhile. My ankle seems fine but in general my feet are sore. No running tomorrow. Very anxious for taper.

Bugs

Cashmason

Dave thats about what I do, lose a third of a pound per mile AFTER drinking about a couple of ounces per mile. And no one will berate you for using music on a long run. The only time I have a problem with running and Ipods is when they cant hear traffic. Everyone says they have the music on low enough to hear for trouble. About half really do. No run today, just a 31 mile bike ride. Tri coach lady said take it easy on Sunday, cuz she was gonna beat us down with a track workout Tuesday. She ran her 10k Saturday in 35 minutes after swimming a milein the ocean, through surf, and biking 25 hilly miles. Shan, you are right. I put sunscreen on below the eyes. Above the eyes, it just drips down into my eyes and burns them. Husker, glad you are finally getting some good running weather. Peach, you will get back from training, what you put into it. If you are consistent, and do all your training runs you CAN beat 5:30. If you slack off, we will be calling you Peach Fuzz..... tease.