Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/4 (Read 358 times)

Ok, Erika. Just for you (the only person in Western society who refuses to get a Facebook account), here's the picture Dave posted, and all of them can be found by clicking here I kinda like this one, but too bad the guy behind me looks so happy Smile . Hmm, maybe I can do something with photoshop...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Just break down and join FB. 200,000,000 people can't be wrong. 11.1 for me today at a somewhat silly 7:58 pace. Started easy. Got carried away. Last 5 was probably around 7:40 or so. Not sure I'm helping myself with all the faster running. If I had an ounce of self control, I'd spend a month base building. Hahahahahahahaaaa.Big grin Great RR, Perry. Sub 17 on your 5K wasn't too shabby either.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

You know I ran one three hour run for this race, and two hours of that run were ran very easily. The pace was really easy, and probably would have PR'd had my calves not acted up, but worked out for the best to run slower. Even at the very end I had ZERO problems picking up my legs. I am big believer now of hill springing, and getting to the starting line very fresh. I am also now a big believer that everyone should run one marathon, trained, on fresh legs, easy, with no time goals. It was so fun and recharged me.
        Nice work, Bugs! That's awesome news! Way to go!
        evanflein

Just break down and join FB. 200,000,000 people can't be wrong.
          Nope. Ain't gonna do it. I'm enough of a contrarian that that just encourages my resistance!! Wink Nice pic, Lou. Reminds me of last year when all my Boston pictures had this bald guy with a goofy face and horrible green shirt on right in front of me.
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hm, accidentally edited my post instead of quoting it, and lost it. Ran 11.5mi in 2 hours at easy pace. Ran back a slightly longer way than the out part, to pass store to pick up drinks and to avoid the tractors spraying fertilizer which was blowing across the road. The sun was making me tired, and the fertilized smell was helping to create a slight nausea sensation, so I was glad to put that area behind.
            ... but got a tired due to sun I think; ...
            Would that be sunburn I have found on my neck?..... Yes. Darn. Also went swimming briefly because local pool is closing for two weeks for them to remove bubble. In case I wasn't already beat from the run and the sun, the swimming sure topped it off. Already had nap, soon will have more sleep.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

14 miles for me at 9:37 pace.