Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/7 (Read 279 times)

Bugs

Pam,

That was the worst race report ever. Did you wear your compression socks?

Bugs

Pam,

That was the worst race report ever. Did you wear your compression socks?

LOL Bugs. That wasn't a race report more like I'm alive I finished it was Brutal and gotta go cause I'm dealing with dinner. I have a little boy laying on me who's not feeling all that well so it's hard to type right now. I will be writing more but probably not until in the am tomorrow or after my run. Yes I wore my compression sleeves. I have another long run tomorrow so need  the help I can get kwim

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

I made it and I didn't poop my pants. I was worried I might, but I didn't. heh

I was hawt in all the wrong places. But there was beer.

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

Pam,

Oh that sounds hot. I'm still not sure if I'm going to wear them or not. Another LR, yikes, life of an ultra runner I guess.

Willa,

All great runners have pooped their pants running. You need to watch Karate Kid movie BTW.

Glad you guys survived.

9 miles, 3 miles at MP and then tried slow down, but crap still average 9:05. Felt easy. Ran into a girl at grocery store who is running her first marathon at Grandmas hoping to go under 3 hours. She trains like a mad woman. She did 12 miles at MP yesterday. Yikes. She didn't really taper at all. She previously had done 24 miles at 3:15 marathon pace. Will be interesting to see how she does. Me I've been extra careful to go easy this time, see how it turns out.

Bugs

Dave

24 @ 3:15 pace is pretty impressive.  Not sure that means she can drop down below a 3 hour marathon though.

Back when I was training for my PR race at USMC, I did a 20 miler with the last 10 @ 3:30 pace.  I asked in the Swamp for predictions as to what that meant for my likely time.  Answer was sort of insulting at the time, "Maybe you can hold on for a 3:40."  Unfortunately, it was true.  Those last 6 miles just cooked me.  Especially when I went out even faster at National (ahem, Perry witnessed).

I respect the marathon distance even more now that I'm out of shape .  Although this was my first decent week in recent memory (21 miles, yeah!).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I know she was running 80-90 miles per-week, she would have liked to run 100-120 but said it got to be too much (she works and has two kids), but I don't agree with the no taper. She ran a hilly, hot 10K a few weeks ago in 39 minutes. McMillian prediction is 3:03:01.  Wish I was getting the royal treatment she is though, free entry, 3 nights free hotel, massage therapist, elite drinking bottles, etc.. Coach said last year that he thought I did not hold myself back in the taper better. So this time I tried to stick to what Hal Higdon has in the Int II plan. Will see what happens.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like seeing Dave get some running in.  Great job Dave. Also, I like seeing Bugs do some taper--hope you can relax during it Bugs.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.