Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/4/2011 (Read 321 times)

Kimmie

Awesome Erika!  Hang in there....

So excited for you and Harriet, Lou.    I hope to get back there again someday.

I ran 5 miles this morning in exactly 45 minutes.    That was cool.   Trying to get more miles in this week.    Now that I've said it, maybe I'll actually do it.     going to Florida in 10 days should help ..... Smile

Full stop rest day for me today (as opposed to the 3 mile "rest days" I normally do).

Took the opportunity to finish my taxes and reconcile the checkbook.  We have to pay this year, so we'll be sending it in as late as possible.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Got up at 5: 30 to get a couple of miles in before we leave for las vegas. I thought you pre dawn crazies would proud of me!

Good job, AG!

5 recovery miles this morning with half dozen striders thrown in

Got my 3rd tempo run in for this week. Monday was  6.4 with 3 tempo miles in between the warm up and cool down. Wed I did 6 fast miles between 2 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down. Today I did 4 fast miles with 2 miles warm up and 4 miles cool down. Didn't realize that the route I had taken tacked on 2 more miles then I had planned. Had I realized that I would have slowed the 4 miles down a bit and did 6 fast miles instead. 

It's amazing how after having time off when you get back it feels like things are never going to come back and then one day it's like a distant memory (well not really but close)

Hope everyone is enjoying their running this week! 

Good luck to the racers this weekend!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Bryan - you're gonna do great in St. Louis.  No pressure, but I'm tracking you.

Did an easy run this morning, a bit under 4 miles.  I'm trying to get a good rhythm back in my running - the last few weeks have been spotty as I've raced, recovered, raced again, and vacationed.  Back home now, ready to establish a good strong consistent 35-45 mile/week routine.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good to read about some good runs.

College kids running a 24hr relay today/tonight, and I got some fast 400s in occasionally jumping in to run a lap with the college kid; that was fun, but tiring.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

easy 3 this morning for me.  was unsuccessful to keep the pace slower than 9/mile

Good luck, Bryan!

Kimmie

Good luck Bryan!

I was all determined to get in lots of miles this week and then my ITB locked up on me Wednesday night-  not enough stretching... two days off and a deep tissue massage yesterday.   This morning, I thought I'd go  out nice and easy, see what happens; one mile in, I'm thinking I need to turn around and then it loosened up and we ended up with 8 miles in 1:15.   But I made myself stretch for a good 20 minutes when I got home, so I'm hoping to stay on top of it.

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice run, Kim.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Long run today felt like hard work, by 4mi in. Even tho I raced 10mi a week ago at 2min/mi faster pace. Oh well, now I'm tired and sore, but it's in the books.

Thought today was STL, and was expecting to read about results, but apparently it is tomorrow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

p2r:

split time time of day pace
                          6M 00:53:34 8:03:19 am 08:56
                          HALF 01:58:51 9:08:36 am 09:11

I think it's hot there.  I feel bad for him

I think it's hot there.  I feel bad for him

heard the race was shut down for *slower* racers

Bib: #1002, Race: Marathon

PointTimeTime of DayPace
                              START 00:00:00 7:09:46 am --
                              6M 00:53:34 8:03:19 am 08:56
                              HALF 01:58:51 9:08:36 am 09:11
                              20M 03:21:42 10:31:27 am 12:02

Estimated:

PointTimeTime of Day
                              FIN 04:36:29 11:46 am

acers. I wonder if that's why he hasn't gone through the 20 mile split yet Sad Either way I really feel bad for him and the others that were affected by the heat!

MTA: Yes I'm too lazy to do the borders despite you giving me directions Perry 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

race report?