Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/18-8/24 (Read 259 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

wow bugs nice triathalon! hehe I'm feeling ok. Had a little more energy then recent days, but as I say that I'm remembering my afternoon nap. Tomorrow I test. If nothing then I'm calling the doctor. Regardless I'm getting back to running tomorrow. I go back to work (meetings no kids) and I'm going to run after school. So keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow morning!

Dave

Shan, my fingers are crossed that you'll be running for two soon. Bugs, amazing tri. I was so wiped after my run that I didn't do much of anything for the rest of the day.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Keeping fingers crossed for Shan... Nice run, Bugs. Fun stuff afterwards. I'm so glad my kids are over the McDonald's play land thing. But then again, at 14 and 16, I'd sure hope they're over it! I need to paint some stuff around here... Dave, my long runs frequently end up like that. Unless I plan for a downhill finish. It all counts as training, next time will be better. P2R, I don't do the heart rate training either, but probably should. My max HR is pretty high, so all my numbers seem pretty whacked. Easier to just not look. I do run by feel though, using a perceived rate of effort (or is it exhaustion?), or PRE scale type thing. Try to keep things around 6-8 for my max effort, but some of this hill work I'm doing has me at 10 I'm sure. My 5k yesterday was pretty hard. My foot was sore when I got up, which is strange cuz I took Friday "off" and actually did some pool running, which my foot usually likes. The race was really hilly. And the course was short by about .4 mile or so, depending on whose Garmin you used. My time was 22:17, so I know it wasn't 5k. I had to stop a couple times to stretch, flex my foot, not that it helped any. 2nd in AG, but the gal who won my AG just turned 45 last month! Rats. Oh well, it's all good. Except my foot. 14.4 miles today, and a short week it was for miles. 38.1, that's the fewest I've done in weeks. Bugs, I've never done 60, come close at 57 something, but I think my foot would fall off at 60! Icing my foot now... It hurts. This sucks.

Oh Mighty Wing

Negative... gonna call the dr today. Because I'm now concerned. MTA: Called Dr. She said she is not concerned and if my period still hasn't returned in 3 months to call back... Here is what I am telling myself to stop me from freaking out... maybe the spotting I did a couple weeks ago was really like a very very light period - which was unusual,but maybe it was the effects of running more and eating less... I'm down 10lbs since the start of July. So maybe that just caught up with my body and cause a really light period. That makes me feel better and so I am going to go with that. And hope that in a couple weeks there will be a period waiting for me. I ran 4 miles today. It felt great!! But man was it hot! I think i'm back on track now! Thank you guys for all your support! I promise to let you know when a baby happens but until then I need your help keeping me from stressing too much!
          Cashmason

Sorry to hear that Shan. Something doesnt sound right. Note to self: don't do any triathlons organized by Bugs. Painting and McDonalds arent where I want to be right now.

Oh Mighty Wing

Sorry to hear that Shan. Something doesnt sound right. Note to self: don't do any triathlons organized by Bugs. Painting and McDonalds arent where I want to be right now.
              it's ok! I'm just going to go with it and see what next month holds... Women's body's are tricky sensitive pieces of work!

Dave

it's ok! I'm just going to go with it and see what next month holds... Women's body's are tricky sensitive pieces of work! wonderfully sophisticated works of art.
                Fixed that for you. Glad your 4 felt better. 10lbs in a month is a big weight loss. Could leave you feeling weak in addition to the impact on your girl parts Wink After Sunday's long run, I thought it would be better to get right back on the horse, so to speak. 5 today in really hot weather. Cold front coming through tonight (for you too, Shan). Rest of the week should be nice.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Fixed that for you. Glad your 4 felt better. 10lbs in a month is a big weight loss. Could leave you feeling weak in addition to the impact on your girl parts Wink After Sunday's long run, I thought it would be better to get right back on the horse, so to speak. 5 today in really hot weather. Cold front coming through tonight (for you too, Shan). Rest of the week should be nice.
                  Dave thought about that too. Guess that means I need to eat a little more and worry about weight loss a little less especially with marathon training and all! Thank goodness for the cold front! I'm soo ready for it!!