Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Will try to catch up tomorrow WAY too busy *grrrrr & sigh* Happy Easter everyone!! Welcome Amores! Not much running done thanks to dh and busy schedule. Hopefully I'll get a decent run before heading to NJ this afternoon. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hey, Perry! Great to see you here. Congrats on the win (was it a win win or an AG win?) Need to get in the shower and eat breakfast - I'm starving - no time to chat. Only 12 miles today and I was sluggish and my knees were cranky but I'm chalking it up to taper madness. 5@9:04(140), 2@8:45(148), 5.22@7:58(160) Overall: 12.2 miles, 1:44:24, 8:33/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Only 12- Lou- that makes me laugh- because I ran 12 yesterday and called it a long run. Happy Easter you all.... I may or may not run this afternoon. We're currently decorating a bunny cake and then going to friends at 4:00- it's technically a day off- Dave, sorry to hear your daughter's sick. Sad close to 50 miles is impressive- I'm only at 35 this week.
        Kimmie

Kimmie: Start times for AO are posted. My team starts at 10:15 AM.
          I forgot to respond to this... yes, we are starting at 10:30- I'm runner #2- so legs 2, 14 and 26. What are you running again? Anyone who has done relays before= how tired am I going to be afterwards? Just wondering...

Happy Camper

Kimmie: I' m our #8 runner. Mine will #8, #20 and #32. Welcome AP! Congratulations JF! Looked like a great course and great day to run it on. Beat the rain today to run 14 on trails. 105 miles this week. First time I've managed back to back 100 mile weeks.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Geeze pace! Your my hero! I did not run today I opted for sightseeing. Shoulda run my legs are restless and yearning to run. Not a good way to start a 6 hour flight!
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ya, "only 12" -- the ultra people are always entertaining Smile Shan: Running up and down the airport or gate area would have been more convenient than trying to run up and down the aisles of the planes -- bet the flight crew will get aggravated at you if you do that Smile But for my trans-Pacific flights, I always like to get up at any reasonable chance -- any time anyone else in the aisle is getting up, or for any excuse... And if I get caught on the wrong side of a food or beverage cart, that's fine, time for a break standing and gazing out some window somewhere or exploring the kitchen... Today my wife felt like a comfortable bike ride, so she accompanied me on bike for some of my run -- except the cold breeze got to her -- her fingers were turning white -- so she bailed and went home to start working on food. Which works out well for me of course Smile Got in 15 total, which is comforting, because that is the second longest run I've had in a month, I think, and I'm doing Frederick Mara pretty soon, and feeling a little guilty for not doing long runs. I did get one 21 in, but that one left me shivering on the floor curled up dehydrated and wiped out by the sun, so I tend to blot that one out of my memory... MTA: Yesterday's morning race, I won overall! Of course, it was an early morning race at the college (how many college kids are going to wake up early on Saturday) and it is Easter weekend (surely a lot of kids were gone home), so I think it was half the attendance of last year's, but who cares, I still was happy about winning. I went to a local ice cream place and brought home a banana split for me as a celebration - I had chocolate, french vanilla, and cherry jubilee ice creams in it. Yum.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

50 will have to wait until next week. I keep telling myself its just a number. I'll check in at 48.7. 14.5 very good miles this morning with my HRM. Haven't uploaded it but I was cranking some miles at under 8:30 without going over my HR limit. Feeling very strong. But my body is feeling the miles from last week and I think I'm going to opt to call it quits for the day. The Paris Marathon was on TV this afternoon. Amazing watching the elites do their thing. To answer Erika's question, Murphy had been running very well and ended up with an injury that was keeping him from running. Wondering how that was going.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

50 will have to wait until next week. I keep telling myself its just a number. I'll check in at 48.7....
                    Dave, look at my log -- it stands at about 68.7 I think -- so I'm probably going to go out for a 1.3 mile run at some point to push it over -- I'm in favor of such running stunts Smile

I think last week I had 49.9 and it didn't bother me a bit Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not as sober as Lou -- I went out and did the silly running stunt to push my weekly mileage over the decade Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Sitting around after Easter lunch with all my family and I felt like running, so I got in a nice 3.5 miles. It is beautiful today!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

It was gorgeous here, too (still is). Temps were about 46 at the start of my run, about 50 at the end. 11.1 miles for me today, 8:16 average pace on a moderately hilly route. But most was on dry bike paths with just a few wet spots and puddles. It felt so good... Oh, and I ran in shorts! Had my long sleeved Disney shirt, probably could've used a short sleeved shirt. Oh well. Felt good to be salty again at the end of a run! Last double-digit run till Boston. Sure feels good to say that! I like those Landreth shoes. Might wear those at Boston. I'll probably take both new shoes and decide when I'm there. Ok Dave, I thought it sounded like Murphy was racing something. Wish it was that and not the back injury (and duh, now I remember...). Welcome to Perry. Others seem to recognize you from other forums? I guess I'll get to know you here. What are you training for? I see you posted in the introductions thread so I'll go check that out. Have a good trip home, Shan! Although you're probably about already done. Hope you had a good break.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...What are you training for? I see you posted in the introductions thread so I'll go check that out....
                              Didn't put the answer there, because I don't really know what the answer is. I'm trying to do all the races I can right now, just for fun. I've got a road 5K next weekend, then a trail 8K weekend after that, then Frederick Mara next weekend after that -- and I'm contemplating running Frederick easy then seeing how many miles I can add on right after it, for a personal distance record. It's near my birthday, so that would be a birthday celebration running stunt for me -- hopefully not giving myself an injury in the process though, of course. The one distance I'd like to PR - -which I have have the easiest time to improve -- is HM, but I'm not signed up for any, b/c I find it hard to sign up for a HM when I could instead sign up for the whole M -- I've recently discovered I seem to enjoy marathons.

Dave

Perry, how about the HM next weekend out in Ashland VA. Flat and fast?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com