Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/9 (Read 263 times)

I remember my first marathon after becoming part of the (then) coolrunning community.  It was my second marathon, -- as I went over each mat, I thought of the people who were probably watching me and it made me feel good.

Well done, Paul!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

congrats to Paul -- hope you didn't have the rain and wind we had up here.

Belatedly, I'll say I was at my brother's wedding last weekend, which was fun, and also we got to run on the riverwalk in Jersey City, which is lovely -- right along the Hudson so fabulous view of Manhattan skyline.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ah, RA is back -- all is right with my world.

Perry - I'm not sure I have ever heard Jersey City and lovely in the same sentence Smile

Rough run for me this morning -- felt hard and the HR shows it.

12.2 miles, 1:46:10, 8:40/mi, AHR 156 (80% MHR)

5@9:07(146), 2@8:45(157), 5.25@8:12(164)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry - I'm not sure I have ever heard Jersey City and lovely in the same sentence Smile

I heard it claimed they spent hundreds of millions rehab'ing it over the past years Smile

Ringmaster

Just want to say Team Blister ROCKS!

Paul, saw your time but my phone wouldn't let me post to say congratulations, marathoner! Can't wait to hear the details.

Thanks for your support as I trained for my half. It's in the books as a new personal best--minute-forty off my previous PR. 1:48:56. Thanks again, guys.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Way to go, Vix!

WOOHOOOOOOOO VIX!! Knew you were going to ROCK IT!! Congrats on the new shiny PR!

Yes Team Blister ROCKS!!  

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Spent the afternoon on a Hike/scramble at Hawk Mountain. Decided today would be a no run day. I figure between the hike/scramble and working out with weights tonight with dh that running would just be a little too much. Kids have half days all week so I have to be ready to run in the am instead of being able to wait until the afternoon.  Nice being able to just run what I want when I want!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

40 minute PR?? Wow. Congratulations!

Kimmie

Congrats Vix!   Can't wait to hear a full report from you and Paul.

Bugs

P2R,

Sorry I am late on giving you a great job on your 100 mile race. I can't imagine running 60 miles, crap I can't imagine running 30 miles. I know it wasn't the day you wanted but holy crap that is a long ways to run.

Paul,

Congrats on your first marathon. Am excited to hear the details.

Vix,

That is one awesome half marathon. great work

Kim,

Sorry to hear about the injury. I got that really bad once (from orthotics) that was when I tried graston. Any idea what brought that on? My RP swears too she can loose more weight when running less. I feel bad for her because she tries really hard to loose weight but it won't budge. I have to work to loose but maintaining is pretty easy. However now I'm on medicine that makes me not hungry, so I eat to live, run to live, not sure which. Think I'd rather be a healthy weight and not need the medicine.

Pam,

Dam, I totally missed the lace bra post. I hope you run with the matching thong panties. Makes me twinch thinking about it.

Ran 12 with TP at 9:00 min pace. She was tired so we had to slow down, my legs wanted to run. Bad thing about running with TP.

Bugs

Dave

40 minute PR?? Wow. Congratulations!

I think that was one minute and 40 seconds but it's still pretty awesome.

Congratulations, Vix.  

Off to start the next thread.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Did a thread get started?

I can't see it for some reason.

evanflein

Yeah, don't make me start the new weekly. That's pretty bad when the farthest west coaster has to do it...

Congratulations, Paul! That's awesome and I know what you mean about feeling everyone else "watching" your race. Pretty cool feeling, isn't it? You did great to pick it up again at the end. That means you gave your legs the break they needed without losing too much time.

Woohoo on the PR, Vix!! That's awesome too. I knew you'd do well on this. All that self-doubting talk... Pshaw. You rock, girl!

Ok, a new week. C'mon Dave...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Woohoo, I started running earlier than Lou yesterday morning it looks like -- we jogged from the car at 0709. I got up at 0500 for the Veteran's Day 10K is why. Not that I plan to attempt to make any type of pattern of trying to get up earlier or as early as Lou!