Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/20 - 1/27 2008 (Read 345 times)

Happy Camper

Mr. I: I'm only doing a few MP runs. I will be doing a 5k Saturday. I don't see the point in speed work for M or the 50-miler. I do plan on hill work to build strength in the legs. Most of the miles this morning were sub 9 mm. It felt great but as soon as the last person in the group dropped at 18-miles my pace slowed the last two. I need to try some progression runs on a few of the long-runs. As it stands, if I'm not at mile 21 at the 3:00 hour mark I don't like my chances at going sub 4:00. I just tank too much the last 5-6.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Bugs, I think the guy is one of Erika's 117 boyfriends. Dunno if she told her husband about that one yet though.
      Snork... Big grin Cash, you so funny! Nice riding. Going downhill superfast on the bike is scary, I think. Might have something to do with a major wipeout I had when I was about 12... 7.5 miles on the treadmill today, and .75 miles walking for warm up/cool down, then 20 minutes of upper body weights. My shoulders will be sore tomorrow! Felt good though. I'm stuck on the treadmill for the next few days, I think. It was -26 today and not much improvement in sight (and that's still air temp... not wind chill). Oh well, at least I have that option, right? Gotta find my schedule and figure out where I am on the marathon training plan for Boston. Will be strange to go a couple of months without a marathon...
      Cashmason

Show off.... pbbbtttt