Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/13/2010 (Read 148 times)

Good plan, Dave.  Either she'll do it herself or not, but you won't likely influence her.  That's true for anyone, I'd say.  

Nice to see you running and posting again...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

4 miles that were going to be easy but ended up feeling more tempoish.

I thought my friend was going to give me a hard time about signing up for a last minute marathon.   You guys can say I told you so, when I come back and report how hard it was to run 26.2 on no training.

Smart man, Dave.   Hope she continues to run and like it.

evanflein

Geez Kimmie, you can't train for every race, right? Get a couple of longish runs in beforehand and I'm sure you'll be fine. 16-18 milers?

On that note, I like to sign up for spur of the moment marathons if at all possible once I'm already in marathon shape. I find it much easier to hang onto the fitness and training than to do it all over again. When I did my string of 6-in-6-months, the last one was Carlsbad and it was probably the best. I'd much rather run a marathon every 3-4 weeks than go through all those weeks of 20 mile training runs. Bleh.

Today's run was 4.5 miles as easy as I could muster, fiddling with the HRM for a change and trying to keep my HR under 150. Felt like I was crawling, but average pace ended up at 8:33 (I'd changed the screen to show only distance and HR so I had no idea of pace or time except by feel), and average HR was 146. I guess it was a success, but I think my "easy" pace should be closer to 9's.

Cashmason

We don't say I told you so.... we just laugh... a lot.

You guys can say I told you so, when I come back and report how hard it was to run 26.2 on no training.

Hawt and sexy

I am a hawt runner chick out for her afternoon jog. Is your insurance paid up?

I'm touching your pants.

Kimmie

We don't say I told you so.... we just laugh... a lot.

Hmmm........ And cash, you finally post a picture of yourself and we can barely see it.
              Cashmason

The picture was supposed to feature the dog.  It was the same day we adopted him.   Last Sunday.

Hawt and sexy

Perry, I know you live somewhere down that way so let's see if you can help. If I was going to spend the weekend in Ocean City, MD, where would I run? Beach and boardwalk? Any other places?

I'm touching your pants.

Kimmie

5.1 miles in 43:23- 8:30 pace-- supposed to be an easy run- ended up faster.

The cooler temperatures sure feel nice.   

Have fun in Ocean City, Amanda.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sorry, I don't know Ocean City.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Perry, I know you live somewhere down that way so let's see if you can help. If I was going to spend the weekend in Ocean City, MD, where would I run? Beach and boardwalk? Any other places?

I haven't been there for a while, but I think OC is pretty much an island, with water on both sides, so I think you're for the most part limited to north/south routes.  If it were me, I'd try to run on the boardwalk until I ran out of it (not sure where that is), then run on the street closest to the beach which runs parallel to the beach, or on the beach itself.  If you run on the streets after the boardwalk, you might be stuck on a fairly congested road, though.

MTA: quick check of google maps shows that Atlantic Ave will work.  At least you won't have to run on coastal highway, depending on how far you want to go. 

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Kimmie, you've never seen a picture of Cash? I have one I could dig up if he doesn't mind...

Nice easy run. Sounds like some of mine. Wink

I was wondering when Lou would bring up Google maps...

Rest day today. I sure am good at carbo loading.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just checking in.  It's a rest day for me, but I will run later with the XC team.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Kimmie, you've never seen a picture of Cash? I have one I could dig up if he doesn't mind...

Nice easy run. Sounds like some of mine. Wink

I was wondering when Lou would bring up Google maps...

Rest day today. I sure am good at carbo loading.

He doesnt mind. But I am sure she has seen it before.
                              evanflein

Big grin

I love this picture!