Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning. Things still crazy. I'm still running a decent amount, almost as much as I would like. Hoping for a little more time to be more social but it's not in the cards right now. Undecided Good days and good runs to all.

Hail to The Victors!

You too, MrI! Shan, The race is Jan 10. 4 full weeks of training away. Bugs: How's the snow? Did you guys get much at all? My parents said it was bitterly cold there (-5 yesterday afternoon), hope you were able to get something in! I talked to one of the coaches on my old CC team in high school, and he's running the Northfield Indoor Marathon at St Olaf on Jan 10. That looks like a crazy, crazy, crazy race. I don't even want to think about how many laps 26.2 is on an indoor track.

Dave

Good morning everyone. Since there was so much talk of mileage last week, I'll try posting last week's mileage for the group (Monday to Sunday). Let me know if you'd rather I didn't. Another group that I monitor does this and it might spark some good dialog. Other than Shan, it isn't a competition. 3 big 70 mile weeks. Wow. Next big race for the group is Disney in January if I'm not mistaken (jhallum and evanflein). pace2race 72.1 Mi dcv2002 71.4 Mi jhallum 70.3 Mi evanflein 44.8 Mi Kimmie 31.7 Mi Mr Inertia 31 Mi dgb2n 30.1 Mi Bugs34 28.9 Mi ShanHas 24.3 Mi turboterie1 19.1 Mi dnice 19 Mi HankAchieve 14.5 Mi run48 10.7 Mi HuskerB 6.5 Mi Dutchie42 4.1 Mi

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey P2R - where has he been?? And look at our lurkers!!! J - wow it's soo close!! I know some of the Swamps (JK def. and Trent for some) did one - in a prison. Dave - so what do you have on tap for this week??? Evil grin So, is a weight bench a good christmas gift for DH?? Or is that th eequivalent of buying a woman a gym membership she didn't ask for??

Dave

That doesn't count all the lurkers who don't post their logs (Peach, cough, cough). I'd be very happy with another 30 this week (something like 5, 5, 7, 4, 12 with 2 rest days). Today is cross training. I'm a little beat up after 4 days straight.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

That doesn't count all the lurkers who don't post their logs (Peach, cough, cough). I'd be very happy with another 30 this week (something like 5, 5, 7, 4, 12 with 2 rest days). Today is cross training. I'm a little beat up after 4 days straight.
              True - and Cash! Ohh that would be great! But you are smart to take a break - no overdoing it.

Bugs

Bugs: How's the snow? Did you guys get much at all? My parents said it was bitterly cold there (-5 yesterday afternoon), hope you were able to get something in!
                It's nasty cold. -7F, with windshild -37F. We are very protected in our yard but the snow still blew like crazy. We have a late start day today..wish it was a snow day. I won't run in this..yesterday I rested my feet with the ellipitcal, but I don't think they that either.

Bugs

Kimmie

oh dave! this might make me post higher mileage weeks...... that might be a good thing. I'm training for a full marathon on only 30 miles a week.... that's my thing... how much can I do on bare minimum miles.... I need to up my game and very soon. 7 miles planned today at noon.

Oh Mighty Wing

how much can I do on bare minimum miles....
                    haha I don't think you really mean that!! Otherwise the answer is - you are already doing too much!!
                      Hey, where am I on the log? Oh, yeah, I didnt run last week. I really want to get some miles in. Just a couple more days of heavy duty working, then I wont have any stuff left to ship. Then I get to run. Forgot to mention that the DW got me a Garmin 305 for Christmas--she gave it to me early for the marathon. It was nice to have. The mile markers were once again off.

Oh Mighty Wing

Forgot to mention that the DW got me a Garmin 305 for Christmas--she gave it to me early for the marathon. It was nice to have. The mile markers were once again off.
                        that is nice!!! and were they off or were you not running the Tangents?

Dave

Murph, make sure you download and install Sporttracks (free download). Much better than the Garmin S/W. Does treadmill count as crosstraining? I opted for a recovery run rather than the elliptical today. Probably just to spite Shan.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

My foot (metatarsals) is funny today. It doesn't really hurt, but I am aware of it. I can't find one point that hurts more than another, and the little pain that is there seems to change. Still thinking tendonities, but will welcome docs opinion on Friday.

Bugs

evanflein

Jhallum, the race is on the 11th... wouldn't want you to miss it, ya know. (The half is on the 10th... but I thought you were doing the full?) Hey, -5F isn't bitterly cold! That's really not bad at all... I ran 13 miles in -5 to -7 temps yesterday. But my legs were starting to get stiff so I quit there, drove home and hopped on the treadmill for the last 5.22 miles for 18.22 total. Glad that's over. This is my peak week with the 10/20 Saturday/Sunday combination. Hard to believe I did three of those in August before the Equinox. Damn was I in good shape then! I'm dragging myself thru these runs just to get to taper. Today will be cross training, hoping to do some wts and pool running while DS2 is at Basketball practice. So glad Mr. Inertia starts our threads on Monday. I really appreciate that! But I hope you can post more often during the week and keep an eye on the ShanHas/dgb2n contest. Bugs, the mere mention of metatarsal soreness makes me cringe. Mine are doing pretty good, finding the metatarsal pads I'm using are helping a lot. I do still ice it after long runs though. Last night it felt "hot" and used the ice pack on it. This morning it feels pretty good. In fact, here's something of an update. Almost all summer I would get out of bed in the morning and sort of cringe thru the first few steps, never really knowing how it would feel and sometimes it would hurt quite a bit. Other times, not so much. Didn't seem to matter how much I'd run the day before, sometimes it hurts worse after a rest day. But recently, I get out of bed expecting some pain or discomfort, and it's like... nothing. Sort of takes me by surprise sometimes, but in general it's a very good "nothing" to have!
                                that is nice!!! and were they off or were you not running the Tangents?
                                oh, they were off. Thats the norm for the Devine-organized LV marathon. One was a good 1/4 mile off.Had like a 16 minute mile (according to markers) followed by a 7 minute mile...lol By the end of the race, Garmin and mile markers agreed.