Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/31 (Read 288 times)

I'll start off this week, and continue back with the tradition of posting last week's mileage

Amores Perros 106 mi 15:06:47
    willamona 71 mi 11:00:00
    pace2race 69.9 mi 11:19:14
    evanflein 54.5 mi 7:41:22
    WillRunForBeer 51.8 mi 7:46:37
    CaraH 50 mi 7:32:59
    gen76* 41 mi 1:30:37
    jhallum 35.8 mi 5:19:40
    Murphy996 32.3 mi 6:04:00
    Dutchie42 31.4 mi 5:48:51
    theyapper66 28.1 mi 4:16:16
    Kimmie 16.2 mi 1:43:11
    dgb2n 13.9 mi 2:10:00
    irpete 11.2 mi 1:42:41
    lilcat19 10.2 mi 1:32:54

6 members over 50 miles this week.

Amores Perros continues to amaze.

Dont know how Erika manages it with the Alaska weather/family/treadmilling

Newest member gen hit 41. Shes training for a May marathon IIRC.

I stalled with just 32 this week. Just a bit short of last week's total.

Have a good last day of January. And a great week!

evanflein

Thanks, Murphy! I actually got outside for some runs last week, and my long run yesterday was 12 outside and 5.2 in on the treadmill. You gotta do whatever you can to make it work! And yes, that Perry is amazing.

I've been scarce around here. Will have to go see what you guys were up to last weekend!

ETA: Ok, did some catch up...

NICE 8k race for you, Paul! You should be very pleased with that result. How'd if feel?

{{Cash}} hope surgery goes well, you said "minor" so I'm assuming it's not full rotator cuff or anything like that? Wow, that and the PF you're dealing with... you sure know how to have fun.

Hi Dutchie! Glad you're still hanging around with us!

Perry, you made your 400 mile month with a nice cushion! You're such a nut. A fast nut, but still...\

Murphy, you're balancing a lot now and soon you'll have even more! Get the runs in that you can and don't beat yourself up over the missed miles. Hope DW is feeling better. I first read that you had a sick baby and fussy wife. Hey, understandable!

Chocolate ice cream... nope, can't go there.

Dave

Thanks for starting us off, Murph. 

gen76 is really fast (1:30 for 41 miles) Wink  Nice to see Jeremy (jhallum) running so well again as well.  From the looks lf your total time, Erika, you're cranking some fast miles as well.

Everyone here is bracing for the mother of all winter storms.  Supposed to hit tomorrow night, just in time for my flight out to the west coast on Thursday.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  I look at the weather map and it doesn't even look like anything is happening.  Shows what I know.

I'm counting on being out in warmer weather this weekend to really peak up my totals this week.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So now I'm at the point where I feel like I should do some pace work for a marathon in 6 wks, but I've never really grasped the LT stuff -- or maybe it is aerobic threshold that I need to train now -- need to go read some marathon training stuff I guess.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

gen76 is really fast (1:30 for 41 miles) Wink 

yeah I'm trying to figure out the fastest way to enter my runs in this thing, and because I do warmup and cooldown miles, I never put my finishing time in there for it to figure out my pace...at least I'm assuming that's what my error is.  I'll start doing it correctly eventually.  Thanks for including me in your list  :-)

marathon is the Olate (Oz) Marathon - April 12 I think.  I take it by the mileage of some people that you're closer to 'the day'.  Who is racing next, when/where?

Dave

Murphy and I are running the Flying Pig in May in Cincinnati.   I've got a lot of work to do mileage-wise.

I know we've got some folks running the National Marathon/HM in March too. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Hi Gen76! Tell us a little about yourself!

I'm just starting to get serious about training again... mid-February for sure (after some work travel). Then it's time to gear up for Newport in Oregon, June 4. I took the winter mostly "off" from formal training and swore off spring marathons (so no Boston... wouldn't have made it in before the cut off anyway though).

Dave, I tend to run 8:30's to 8:40's all the time, and have been doing some interval-like repeats in the 7:30 range... that's the only thing I can think of.

So far just a gym day today. Would be nice to run outside in the bright sunshine, but I'll have to see what I have time for this evening after work.

Happy Camper

Snowagedden looms here also. Just when the streets and sidewalks were starting to clear.  I had some nice runs in Orlando at my company meetings and then  fought a chest and head cold all last week.  Just starting to get better.  The planes/70F's/planes/cold stuck it to me good.  Anyhow, picked up another box of screws as I have worn down the first pair of screw shoes already.  We are to have 18"+ of snow by Tuesday evening.  Wednesday into Thursday temps will drop to

-8F.  Up to 50mph wind gusts.  Should be some great running.  Can't imagine what it will be  like for Bugs in Minnesota or for Dave and Jeremy in Michigan.  Filled the propane bottle up just in case today.

gen76:  I'm running Go St. Louis marathon on April 10th.  I live in Columbia.  I've not raced in the KC area but several members of our running club do Hospital Hill and the Psyco Wyco runs every year.  Brew to Brew is on my wish list to do someday.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hi, gen!

They're calling for sleet and freezing rain overnight.  Bleh.

3 ezpz this morning.  Actually quite slow.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm racing a marathon in mid-March. And I may race St Louis, depending on several family factors. I'm hoping that snowmageddon stuff all stays north of us, as usual.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

NICE 8k race for you, Paul! You should be very pleased with that result. How'd if feel?

Thanks.  I felt good during the race (you can read more in my race report over on my blog if you want), and learned a ton about racing.  Seems I learn more every time.  Today, though, I noticed my quads are trashed.  Legs were very heavy during my recovery run, which I stopped at 3.5 miles.  Still, it was the first race I felt like I really nailed, you know?  And that felt awesome.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

We're getting freezing rain sometime soon. Took today off. Feeling really worn down. Gonna be tricky to get a lot of miles in this wek. They will all be inside in all likelihood.

Happy Camper

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hawt and sexy

Hey guys, if I should die in the impending storm, I would like to hug you all.

And Perry, you better train. And think positive. heh

I'm touching your pants.