Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/31 (Read 288 times)

feels like a lost week so far. Busy, and feeling run down. Hope to get a few miles tonight and some longer runs this weekend to keep from falling completely off the wagon.

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry, Murph.  Hopefully next week is better.

Ran 5 in the rain - a cold rain at that.  Kept thinking it could've been snow...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Hang in there, Murph.  You don't get fit in a week and you don't lose it in a week.

Nice 5, Paul. 

I ran a pretty speedy 6 today in the bright cool sunshine.  Absolutely perfect running weather.  About 55F.  I probably ran a little too fast (about 8:45 pace) but it felt so nice not to run on a treadmill or on the snow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hang in there, Murph.  You don't get fit in a week and you don't lose it in a week.

+1

And glad you got to have a nice run Dave.

Expect to be running in the rain here tomorrow.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

thanks guys.

took today off as well. I feel fine except the throat. Hurts to swallow. And I got a brand new 50" HDTV. That may have contributed equally to not running. Got the go ahead to get out for a few hours to run on Sunday. It may actually be inside at the Y..but I should be able to knock out some good mileage this weekend if Im feeling ok.

theyapper

On the road again...

Murph - no better way to heal from a sore throat than to watch the Super Bowl on a new 50" tv.  Big grin

Put in 14 miles today.  Haven't looked at the elevation profile, but it was on one of the hillier roads around here.  I'm tired, and very hungry!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'm doing my long run tomorrow, but today I ground meat and chopped onions and peppers for tomorrow's chili.  's gonna be spicy Smile

5 easy miles this morning

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

feeling a bit better. Will probably just get a short run in today and reload for next week.

Dutchie42

Had a 25 kilometer long run planned for today. But 50kph winds from the WSW were forecasted, same as yesterday, so I picked a loop and a direction that would have the wind mostly in my back or I'd have a crosswind and there would only be a few bits where I'd have to battle a headwind.

Because I was taking Spike along too, I decided to drive out by car and leave Spike in the car after the loop I did with him. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't head out again if I went home and I was trying to avoid the TM.

So I enden up doing my long run in three segments:
                    1 doggie run with Spikey & Spooky = 7.6K loop = 1:04:53 (really incredibly slow), left Spike in the car and continued with Spooky only

1 very slow run with Spooky only, same loop as before but slighlty faster = 7.6K = 56:21 (still very slow), left Spooky also in the car and continued on my own. But I didn't want to be too far away from the car, cause I've never left both dogs in the car on their own for an extended period. Close by was a 950 meter loop. Don't like running loops, like running short loops even less. But it seemed the best choice for today.

10 x a 950 meter loop = 9.5K = 1:04:58 (oops, that was faster than marathon pace).

This all added up to 24.7 kilometers in 3:06:12. Actual was a bit longer cause I'd have little breaks when I put a dog in the car. But I'm not counting that cause it's not part of a race, right? Not quite the 25 kilometers I'd planned, but that's OK.

Legs feel fine. And I don't feel tired. Guess I'm doing something right Smile

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Nice run dutchie!  Murph, yes put the bad week behind you.

After 6 miles met up with a friend from the local running club.  She'd run 8 already as part of her 20.  We came to the meeting place at exactly the same time, which I find pretty amazing.  Then we ran 8 together before we went our separate ways.  I don't usually run with someone else, so this was a treat.

17.2 miles, 2:28:51, 8:38/mi, AHR 153 (75% MHR)

5@8:56(148), 7@8:38(152), 5.24@8:22(160)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

10&change this morning after a spirited evening of Texas hold em.  Balmy 35F.  It will be below  0 by mid-week.  Can't wait for streets that are normal width.  I came up with a 4-mile out and back with less traffic so it's not as dicey running with the cars.  No place off -road to go with the snow that's piled up everywhere.  Raced a 5k through 2" of new snow yesterday in the screw shoes.  It was hard slow effort because most spots were loose pack and like racing on sand.  Self-timed 25:20.  I was hoping to get a good fitness gauge for my spring marathon training but will have to look for another race after the snow melts. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dutchie's story sounds like one of those puzzles (you have to cross a river with a dog, a cat, and a bird, and you can only take two at a time...)

Lou, glad you had fun running with company - I can relate cause I like having company too.

p2r - hope you get a break from the snow & ice mess pretty soon

Had a good run. Was going to make it long, then realized I'd be late back and wanted to try to watch some of the gatorade indoor meet (esp the men's mile), so that helped inspire me to push my fast finish (which I'd planned to try anyway -- but I often plan but don't execute a fast finish, so this was helpful motivation) -- which went well, and I was almost sick to my stomach back at my doorstep.

Still enjoying running high mileage, and still expect to drop off it sometime pretty soon.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

12 beautiful miles around the Monterey peninsula. Unreal that people wake up there every morning. I know where I will live if I win the lottery. Nice and steady. Low 9 pace. Il catch up more later.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com