Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/22 (Read 248 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

New week and this week my twin boys turn 12 (Tuesday, @ 4:40 pm and 5:02 pm).  I started the celebration early with a one hour recovery run.

Congrats again to Bugs on a great marathon Saturday!  Recover well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Happy birthday early to the twins!  I am sure you celbrate them every day.

Nice running this weekend Bugs.  You ran smart and will gain from this.

Erika:  What an experience and a great 10k  on the solstice run.

10& change this morning  for me.  Felt a little stronger today compared to  yesterday.  Good thing because it's the start of peak weak at weight training tonight.  Sent an entry off for a July 3rd marathon in Kirksville, MO.  I'll be able to do it on the cheap and it's about time I did something this year.  I don't plan on much of a cutback and given the heat I'll do well to hit between 4:30 - 4:45.  Looking forward to the challenge and think it will help keep  my interest up  for Pikes Peak. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Happy double birthdays at your house, Paul!

That's pretty ambitious planning a peak week of weight training right before a marathon, Bryan. Oy. Good luck with that. And thanks.

I ran 13 yesterday but boy were my legs tired. You'd think I'd just run a hard race the night before. Today will be either a rest day, or a light XT day at the gym after work. Haven't decided yet, but I'll be fine with whichever it turns out to be.

Hope Bugs is recovering well and resting.

Kimmie, I hear you had a very hot race this weekend!

Hawt and sexy

I ffinally my log, and Garmin connect is down. That's kinda funny.

I'm touching your pants.

I ffinally my log, and Garmin connect is down. That's kinda funny.

heh

I have to go back and read Bugs' race report - still recovering from my work stuff, but hopefully we are past the crunch period.  Maybe I'll take a day or two off this weekend.  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Yes,  I ran a 4 miler on Saturday night and it was 97 on the car thermometer before I got out.

I thought about not going, but it is a fun race.  I was bummed that they changed the course and took away some of the shade.  Last year was a bit cooler and I ran it faster.... I just was wiped out and not really ready to race.

This morning was my first group workout on the tennis courts.  I put a ton of plyometrics in there and brought heavy weights, so that I could get a good workout too.  I was really sweating at the end, so that may be it for me today....

Happy birthday to Paul's twins.  Smile

Bugs, hope you're recovering well.  I wouldn't worry about what that girl said... sounds like she was looking for excuses....

Quiet day in the group..

6 miles tonight, went out feeling tired and week, ended up putting together a real solid run. Felt easy. Averaged 10 mm in the very hot weather. Couldnt slow myself down much slower than the 10 mm pace. I really think all the treadmill running is helping my form. I've been feeling real strong the last couple of runs. Need to start lengthening my runs.

Had weigh in Friday--as expected Imoved into the lead of our work contest. Should lose a couple more lbs for this week's weigh in. Although Ive gained over the weekend for the 2nd week in a row. No special plans for this weekend, so I shouldnt repeat that.

Enjoy the recovery bugs..sorry about the hammie.

Cashmason

Silly question.

The training log here doesnt seem to recogonize my Garmin 305 anymore.  I can download to Garmin connect and the training center.

This site says I need the usb driver and then garmin connect program, I already have those but it wont recognize it here.

Anything I need to change to have it see my Garmin again.  A few months ago I could download my runs onto R/A.

Thanks

Not sure about the garmin problem, Cash -- I am downloading my 305 just fine.  If it were me, I'd ask the question on the technical support forum.

Seems I spoke too soon about getting my life back -- stay tuned.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Silly question.

The training log here doesnt seem to recogonize my Garmin 305 anymore.  I can download to Garmin connect and the training center.

This site says I need the usb driver and then garmin connect program, I already have those but it wont recognize it here.

Anything I need to change to have it see my Garmin again.  A few months ago I could download my runs onto R/A.

Thanks

Did you possibly update the Garmin connect software?  Most recent versions of that driver may not be compatible with RA.

Hoping to run today.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Nice running this weekend Bugs.  You ran smart and will gain from this.

Thanks, that helps to hear. I saw lots of people have a tough day so I could hardly feel sorry for myself. I would have loved to drop out/walk it out with Trent, and run a marathon down the road but there is not much till fall for fast marathons. (I don't have the legs or the guts of Erika, Pam or you to run one of those crazy hilly trail marathons, which we do have in the summer.... NO THANK YOU)

Bugs

evanflein

Cash, my old Garmin 305 started doing that with the RA link. Then it started having other problems and went downhill from there (wouldn't hold a charge, turned off during my runs, wouldn't link up with Training Center, etc). I ended up getting a new one from Garmin because it was less than 10 months old at the time. New one works fine.

Bugs, use this time to recover and heal up that hamstring problem, stay fit with easy running, run that half at Mankato more for training than racing, then hammer a fall marathon the way you know you can run it. You will PR this year, I'm sure of it.

Nice running, Murphy! Congratulations on joining the "tried to slow down" crowd. Nice feeling isn't it? Stick with what's working and it'll only get better from here. Nice job on the weight loss, too. (And sometimes I go out dreading my run, feeling blah and tired, and it ends up being the best run in a long time. Running is a funny thing, for sure.)

Planning on a longer RAW today. Hope the thunderstorms hold off or go elsewhere. I'll go from work and head west, since they seem to build over the hills to the east of here (closer to home). Maybe a fartlek run.

theyapper

On the road again...

Life seems to have kicked my running to the curb.  Perhaps I'll get out to the curbs the last half of the week and pick it up and get some mileage in this week.  Nothing bad, just very hectic.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Paul,

Letting real take over your running schedule keeps you off the injury list.

Erika,

That won't work. Mankato marathon is Oct 23rd, very end of season around here. I'm going to come up with a plan after I've rested a bit.

Cash,

Maybe update the firmware on the garmin? Else message Eric.

4 miles today, legs felt okay. Nothing hurt or was stiff.

Bugs

3 ish miles at lunch. Dont know how fast. Ran Garminless. The bank sign said 98 degrees. That may be a bit overstated, but it was Hot. Felt good, could have used some water.

Im absolutely doing my smartest running in years. Im thinking I will keep with the shortest distances and get in some doubles until I feel Ive maximized my weight loss. With the shorter runs I dont feel the need to gorge myself afterwards. Will probably max out at 10-12 ish long runs on the weekends for now. It is a lot easier running with less weight to carry.