Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/22 (Read 248 times)

Cashmason

This was just a training run. I pooped by that tree all winter long at the same time, where was that dude when it was cold out? I miss winter.

I am gonna send that remark to you next February.

I do believe Erika has quite a bit of sunlight now,  like 22 hours worth.

We have 14 hours of sunlight now.   Dark at 8 05 pm.

I have gotten really good and not running.   Indoor cycling yes.  Running no.

Thought about running tonight after class,  but the headset for the microphone  was so tight tonight that I had a headache by the time class ended,  and I didn't feel like running.

Ok enough whining.   Just bring me a nice glass of wine and sit down and have a chat.   That should put me in the mood for running next time.

evanflein

I'm seriously afraid I'm going to jail one day. See Erika doesn't have this problem because it is always dark in Alaska.

'scuse me?? It's light all the time now!! It's 1:20 a.m. now (don't ask) and it's light enough to read a book out there. I came in after watering the garden cuz the mosquitoes are out in force. But dark? Not at all! Just wait till December then. Different story. But wait... it's dark at night in MN in December, too! And you were dark at night in summer, too! Ha. I win. 

6.1 hot sweaty miles today. The smoke rolled in today late afternoon. I'm not planning on running tomorrow, but I'll take my stuff to work just in case it's nice out...

Sorry your run didn't work out, Cash. I thought you didn't drink.

Bugs

Erika,

Okay not dark now. But you got more moose to hide behind right? And I know, no penguins.

Cash,

Weird, not dark here till maybe 9:30. Sorry about the no running. Don't give up. Wish I was there, I could use a glass of wine too.

Ever got a bruise on your hip/butt after marathon? It was sore last night but better today. I did some funky really fast running/walking at the end... guess you're not suppose to fartlek at end of marathon.

Pictures are here. I'm still practicing getting the hands in the air finishline picture right. You have to put your hands higher than you think else you look pathetically tired. I look a little scary with my mouth open, because the camera is always from above your head. So next finish, it is hands in air, head tilted up, mouth closed. Smile Which picture should I buy?

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice pictures, Bugs.  Yeah, those finish line pics are tough to get just right.  I'm thinking for my marathon in December about just laying down across the finish line for the picture.  

I like image #72184552. It's got the least number of people in the background and you look strong in it.

I got out for a bit over 4 miles of sweaty swimming running this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

3 miles last night. Felt weak at first, but felt stronger by the end. A good sign I suppose. My back has been acting up. Was pretty bad most of yesterday. My stick helped, and it wasnt an issue on my run. Sore today. Im going to go out for a few at lunch. Undecided on whether I will hit the treadmill or run outside.

Bugs

Paul,

You are funny! I warn you they are going to come after you with a wheelchair if you do that.

Forgot to give up an update on the girl that was going after a sub-3. She ran 3:22. She was at 3:06 at the half. I'm guessing she started at a 3:15 pace and was feeling it out, and ran out of juice the last few miles, as she really slowed down at the end (as did I). She said she wants to try again at Chicago. Funny, despite having almost perfect weather (was windy) I don't know anyone that met their goal. Marathons are hard, who knew. Smile

Bugs

Great pics bugs. I have never bough any photos. Once I break 5:00:00 on the clock for the finishing photo, I will probably buy that. I look like crap in practically all the pictures.

Biggest Loser weigh in update. Lost another 2.8 lbs. Down 17 lbs in 4 weeks. Weighed in at 180.4 fully clothed with shoes. So this is the lightest I've been since taking up running.  Im sure Im still in first, but not comfortably. I'd like the $$ that comes with winning, but Im more excited to see what Im capable of getting down to.

3 very easy miles on the treadmill. Loosened up my back rather nicely.

Bugs

Picture # 72153712 was at the half. I need to learn to relax my face, so much tension.

Murphy, $$'s from winning???

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

I like that picture.  It wasn't up this morning when i first looked.

Paul

Picture # 72153712 was at the half. I need to learn to relax my face, so much tension.

Murphy, $$'s from winning???

The work contest will pay the winner approx $1200

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I like 72139441 and 72153712

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

Bugs, I like  the one with your hand in front of your crotch. I don't know why.

Perry has poopy pants. Again, I don't know why.

I pooped. And I got some yarn and stuff. Don't poop and knit. Poop first, then knit.

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Bugs, I love this one: 72139441  the look on your face is priceless, your form is great and you look fast and strong. And you're adorable in this one: 72055733. You take really good pictures. All my race pictures suck.

Amanda. 

Took the day off today; swamped at work, had errands to run at lunch and I'm tired. So... a rest day.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm watering and getting ready to go biking and swimming.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, it must be nice to race and have so many good pictures to choose from.  

Went out to run 2 hours and stopped after 90 minutes.  Hot, humid, I was soaked and felt awful.  So, this week turned into a major cutback week, and I just have to trust that it'll all work out in the long run (pun intended in every way possible).

Paul