Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/22/2010 Last Week of February!! (Read 297 times)

Kimmie

Glad to hear you're feeling better,  Bugs.

Have we lost Vixi and Bryan?  Haven't heard from them in awhile....

Hang in there, Lou-   If Harriet is looking for someone to run with at Boston, we may be around the same pace.  I would love the company.  It's weird that out of my running group- 50-100 people- no one is going to Boston this year.

Ran last night with the group and then 7.5 this morning... good runs, both of them.... feeling stronger than I was a month ago.   And a little more motivated... too bad it's a little late for that.  But I'm still hoping to cram some miles and long runs in.

Hang in there, Lou-   If Harriet is looking for someone to run with at Boston, we may be around the same pace.  I would love the company.  

I think she believes you are faster than she is, and (I'm guessing) that would make her nervous, but I'll pass that on.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Meh, I don't know, Lou. Can't shake this "behind the 8 Ball" feeling. This week is pretty messy with travel/meetings tomorrow and Friday, and then all next week so it's always hard to plan the runs. I'm hoping most of March will be ok (weather and schedule wise) so I can get at least a couple long runs in. I usually do a 19 and 3 20's, but will be cutting that way back, maybe just one of each, this time around. 19 scheduled for Sunday, but I might do it Saturday because I'll have the time then. Sunday's looking like a lost cause with all the final preps before being gone a full week.

1.3 miles (12:20) on the elliptical, then 30 minutes of weights including weighted squats. Hope I didn't jinx my planned run tonight.

Cashmason

Erika,  you can't be behind the eightball,  because you have a very small behind.....   what you do have is almost kinda cute though.

For my frequent flier friends.....   seatguru. com

Click on your airline...  click on the airplane type....  ie  Boeing 767 ..  Airbus 320.

Green = good seats.     Red  = bad seats.    Yellow = some limitations seats   ie next to the kitchen/ galley

Shows exit rows

seat pitch = leg room in inches.   Standard is 31 inches.

Nice to know when you try to reserve your seat.

Kimmie

Cash, you are too funny.

good morning everyone!  It's too quiet around here lately.   I also think that your training has been great, Erika.  You've done more long runs than I have, that's for sure.

I will need to run later and hopefully the weather won't be too bad.  Darby is going on day 4 with strep.  Sad   So, we're all tired around here because she hasn't been sleeping well.

Where's Pam ?   

Bugs

Ran 5 miles this morning, oh running is not fun yet. I still have a cold and not 100%. I can work, I can run some, but just not myself yet. 

I facebook friended an unknown singer I like, Jon Patrick McClaren. He seems a bit off, maybe a drunk, but says he runs a 15 min 5K. He runs an easy pace of 5:45, 10 miles a day. He wants to help me train. (Oh been there done that.) Maybe it is not wise to facebook friend people you don't know, just to tell them you like their music. Well anyway.. Willa HE is super hot and single. Go listen to his song Princess.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul- my legs feel heavy when I'm overtrained or not running easy enough... could that be it?

It could be. I had done some pretty fast running (for me, at least) that week, and I think it just caught up with me. I'm not doing nearly enough runs or mileage to be overtrained.

I got in 7.25 today and felt much better. I slowed the pace by 30-45 sec/mile and felt fresh all the way through.

On the National front, we're booked at the Hyatt Arlington.  Can't wait.  Hope there isn't another one of those monster storms that week-end. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

In light of the new world climate, all of us in PA are learning how to build igloos. 

Hawt, single singer?  I am on it. 

heh that sounded dirty

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm told that putting a candle into the igloo helps form ice around the inside.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Of course, seems like it would be faster and a lot more entertaining just to (get everyone out & away & then) throw gasoline inside and then throw a match inside

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Ran 5 miles this morning, oh running is not fun yet. I still have a cold and not 100%. I can work, I can run some, but just not myself yet. 

I facebook friended an unknown singer I like, Jon Patrick McClaren. He seems a bit off, maybe a drunk, but says he runs a 15 min 5K. He runs an easy pace of 5:45, 10 miles a day. He wants to help me train. (Oh been there done that.) Maybe it is not wise to facebook friend people you don't know, just to tell them you like their music. Well anyway.. Willa HE is super hot and single. Go listen to his song Princess.

I listened to some of his music... pretty good.

Have  a great time at your tri tomorrow, is it?

I have a 20 miler scheduled for tomorrow- looking forward to it...kind of.

Bugs

Kim,

It is tomorrow and boy am I feeling awful right now, flushed and sick to my stomache. Nerves? I dunno. The finishing of the hardwood floors was really getting to me last night and didn't sleep well. Well.. just don't be surprised if DNS or DNF. I'm not going to kill myself for a shirt.

Bugs

evanflein

...Jon Patrick McClaren. He seems a bit off, maybe a drunk, but says he runs a 15 min 5K. He runs an easy pace of 5:45, 10 miles a day.

**cough, cough!** may I just say here... cough Bull $hit! Yeah right, and he's not running regularly making runners' headlines with times like that. Show me some race results, I say. Run the OTHER way, Bugs.

Cash, you are my sekrit Krush, you know that, right? 

5 hot sweaty tortuous miles on the treadmill today, earlier than I like to ever be up, but got it done. Home from my 2 days of meetings in Anchorage sooner than planned (got standby on an earlier flight), and thinking of switching my long run to tomorrow instead of Sunday. We'll see.

Hey Cash, I'll be in Scottsdale all next week but Dh will be with me... sorry, dude.

Good luck on your 20 miler Kimmie!!!

Hope your feeling better Bugs and good luck today!!!!

LOL Willa!

Well this has been an interesting few days. No school for the twins Thursday and Friday and Ken got to work from home those days since they closed campus at work. Took yesterday off since I really didn't feel like running in the high winds. Will probably do a short run today and then 15 on tap for tomorrow. My arm and back are finally feeling better from Wed cross training. I gotta be more careful when I Wii box lol. 

Anyway hope everyone has a great weekend!  We're looking to go see  Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief today. Looking forward to that!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Well, in case you guys are wondering... I am foolish.

I have missed so many long runs in the past few weeks.  The last "longish" run was 4 weeks ago and it was 15 miles on the flat trail.

SO, today I go out to run 20 miles on SERIOUS hills ( I may post an elevation map later.  You have to promise to be impressed)   We ran it in 9:40 pace.   I really hope that this was a good plan and not a crazy plan as I am super tired right now.

But happy  Smile

Good running, Pam!   Glad you seem to be coming back strong.

Thinking of Bugs-  can't wait to hear about it.