Marathon Trainers

Week of 11 Aug - 18 Aug (Read 170 times)

Dave

Deep slow breaths. Capable of starting new thread instead of posting to last week's .... Blush Taking a rest day after yesterday's long run. Flying out for a short trip out west. Will probably get in one of those 4AM hotel runs tomorrow morning since I'll be all jet lagged out. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Still excited from watching the men's 4x100M swimming relay (Cash may qualify for the team next year the way he's logging swim miles). What a finish.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job Dave!!! We knew you could start the new thread!! Big grin I hope you enjoy your trip out west! It's time for me to start getting back into my school routine. So I'm gonna try to do all my runs this week in the afternoon/evening. We shall see how it goes. After 2 days of not running my legs feel good. So I'm excited to put last week behind me!
        You're not kidding about that 4x100 relay. That was amazing. 13 miles Saturday (instead of 15, so we could leave for the zoo), 4.5 on Sunday and 5 this morning. I'm pretty pumped because it rained on me this morning. Instead of the usual 80 degrees at 5:00 AM, I got lower 70s and rain. It was supposed to be a rest day, but we have a vendor taking us out for dinner tonight, and it's always hard to get up the morning after those. Worked out well with the rain, even though the vendor had to cancel because they cancelled his flight. Shan, 2 days off? Isn't that about as many as you've had in the last 2 months? Your legs should be pretty happy, bet you have a really good week. DW is NOT happy abotu starting the school routine again. She started last Friday and the kids start this Thursday. Between that and being prego, it's not pretty at my house.

Oh Mighty Wing

Brian - you are right... last time I took 2 days off was 2nd week in May... and only 2 days between then and now. Wow your wife goes back early!! The kiddo's don't start till after labor day. But i've already had first day of school dreams. I hope as she gets into it things get better!! and nice runs!

Bugs

Murphy, I have a prediction for women's marathon; Deena Kastor is going to fly by her as Paula takes a poop for everyone to see. Clowning around I am actually very curious to see how Paula does since she has done so much XTing because of stress fracture. I had mixed feelings about her not finishing Athens and really felt she should have. But I always have to hope Deena wins. I am sore today. XTing for me. Would any of you hesitate to do a 5K one week before marathon? It's local, only $10. Was going to run a 10 mile (slow) in the cities because of a girls trip, one of my running friends birthday, but that would be $40 to run a race slow. Pondering what to do... Confused

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Would any of you hesitate to do a 5K one week before marathon? It's local, only $10. Was going to run a 10 mile (slow) in the cities because of a girls trip, one of my running friends birthday, but that would be $40 to run a race slow. Pondering what to do... Confused
              I would probably do it. And consider it my Taper kick-off. (the 5K i meant)
              evanflein

I'd do it, Bugs. But then, I don't subscribe to the RTYP approach. I know you like to do 5k's really hard, so it would depend on how you'd recover. It's only 3.1 miles though... I don't think I'd race a half marathon the week before, but a 5k, sure. Hey Brian, I have a vendor dinner tonight too! And a soccer game at 4... so I'm going to try to run at lunchtime but just a short easy 4 or so. This is an absolutely crazy week with the state soccer tournament, work stuff, DH leaves for Denver on Thursday and it's another big running week for me... Oh boy. Kids go back to school next Wednesday. I think it's weird to start in the middle of the week like that, but they need to get a certain number of days in, which takes precedence over making any sense. Nice swimming Cash. You growing gills yet? Happy XT'ing Bugs! And big ol' Kudos to Dave for starting the new week off for us!

Bugs

OK, Will do the 5K. I did a 10K one week before, and I will not do that again. Had a graston treatment today. Legs are holding up better now than when I was running 25mpw back in Feb. This doc is god sent. Shan, How's the run go? Sometimes my legs get sluggish after two days off, but after one recovery run then they are ready to go. I'm going to try and do yoga tonight, so boring.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

My 3 miles felt GREAT!!!! I was hyper all day from not running and felt like I could have run much more, but decided it best to listen to the schedule! Erika - a 3 day week is a really nice to ease back into school. I know it doesn't make any real sense, but it's still probably nice for teachers and students alike.

Happy Camper

Go for it Bugs! 5k will be good to blow off taper steam. The race will be a good predictor for goal setting. I did one two weeks out last year. My biggest fear was pulling a muscle. It went okay and was one of the better 5k's I ran last year. Our lone kido heads back to school on the 21st. DW's first contract day is the 18th. She is already working. I think they are both ready to get the year started. 8-miles and change this morning at M-pace. Pace average at St. Louis was 9:02. This morning I averaged 9:05 mm and hr average was 145 bpm. It felt like a tempo run. It was good to hit close to goal pace after fizzeling out with 13-miles on Sunday. Hope I didn't wait to long to start pace runs. I have 3 weeks left. Taper would be 50-miles this week. 35-40 next week and 15-20 the last week of August. I'm almost ready to enter. I'll keep trying pace runs and see how it goes. This weekend I'll enter or start planning the next one.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

35 miles on the bike today. 17 out with the wind ( think downhill running) last 17 into the wind ( uphill running).

Bugs

I want to eat like Michael Phelp's. His Breakfast: "...Three sandwiches of fried eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomato, fried onions and mayonnaise, add one omelet, a bowl of grits, and three slices of french toast with powdered sugar, then wash down with three chocolate chip pancakes." I hope he washes it down with a latte, but maybe that's be excessive. Clowning around

Bugs

I want to eat like Michael Phelp's. His Breakfast: "...Three sandwiches of fried eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomato, fried onions and mayonnaise, add one omelet, a bowl of grits, and three slices of french toast with powdered sugar, then wash down with three chocolate chip pancakes." I hope he washes it down with a latte, but maybe that's be excessive. Clowning around
                            Didn't he say something like 10,000 calories a day. That's crazy.

Bugs

Didn't he say something like 10,000 calories a day. That's crazy.
                              Yes! I'd them to report a female who needs to eat that much. Most of the females seem to still be eating grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce. It's not fair. Did you hear the pool is suppose to be re-engineered for faster world breaking times? I'm not a slow swimmer my pool just sucks. Since Cash is rich what kind of pool do you suppose he has? Tight lipped I am less sore today, but my quad is still pretty sore. I think tonight's run will be a mix of aquajogging and light running just to be safe. I have a four mile race on Saturday where I plan to kick the local X-country team's butt.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

man i can't imagine eating that much!!! It would definately have to be something I get use to!! But I mean I could make that sacrifice.