Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/14 (Read 238 times)

Thanks for all the encouragement, Team. I'm being hard on myself, I know, but it's hard to let go of the dream of getting closer to 4 hours soon.

Kimmie, I obviously have no advice about how to pace someone, still trying to learn to pace myself. I'm waiting for results on my tests and hope we'll both get some answers.

Don't count that dream of getting close to 4 hours out!! You just never know!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm doing much better just wish Ken was *sigh* I'm pretty lucky when it comes to colds. They rarely *knock on wood* settle in. Anyway I was out shopping today and found some 3/4 inserts for my shoes that "cradles" the balls of my feet. Not sure if it was the insoles or a other stuff I'm doing or a combination but I had the best run yet since after Thanksgiving!  No numbness and only mile discomfort. At the end my feet still felt ready for more. YES!! I can only keep doing what I'm doing and pray that the healing goes ASAP!! I can't believe I'm actually thinking of running a 5k this weekend (as a tempo). Guess we'll see how the rest of the week goes!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Easy 4 miler this morning.

Thanks for the input.  I think I will only adjust in that I will make sure that I get enough long runs in to be able to run this pace with him.   4:30 is not that much slower than what I've been running... so it's not like it will be a walk in the park.  I will need to train.

Doc appointment tomorrow to make sure fatigue is nothing major.

Think everyone's giving you good advice Smile

GOOD LUCK tomorrow at doctors!

Bugs

Thanks for all the encouragement, Team. I'm being hard on myself, I know, but it's hard to let go of the dream of getting closer to 4 hours soon.

Kimmie, I obviously have no advice about how to pace someone, still trying to learn to pace myself. I'm waiting for results on my tests and hope we'll both get some answers.

Vix,

I think it was three years ago, when I ran the Grandmas marathon for the first time, my second marathon, still very new to running let alone running marathons. I injured my feet pretty bad, could hardly walk for a few days let alone run. Erika and Cash remember this injury I'm sure. I was in the pool for weeks, not even running. I had just a few weeks to rebuild my miles back up. My goal was also sub-four. I had so many people telling me don't run the marathon, you will never run again. Others saying lower your goal, just run for fun. P2R gets the credit though because he thought based on my recent runs I could do it and I decided to hell with logic and to go for it. I laid it all on the line that day, (it was also 90F), and have not had a better marathon since. I looked at your log and I wouldn't rule out the sub-four. Your half is much faster than my half was when I ran the sub-four. So much of this is about peaking and getting to the starting line fresh.

8 miles. avg pace 8:26  7F Overdressed. Gotta stop listening to all the people saying it is so cold out there. It really was not that bad.

Bugs

Cashmason

Bit over 7 miles with Mutt Mutt.  She really slowed down the last mile and half.   Part of it she was like and anchor behind me, almost wanting to sit down.

That is how I know she is at her  limit..  She would probably run herself to death to please me, but that is not what I want.  

Pace fairly consistent except for last mile and half.   First mile and last  have some waiting at stop lights.

00:10:11 1.00 27 39 10:11 08:36 138 155 127
            2 00:09:51 1.00 30 27 09:51 07:53 145 150 129
            3 00:09:51 1.00 13 16 09:51 08:34 151 154 134
            4 00:09:57 1.00 21 5 09:57 08:23 151 154 129
            5 00:10:00 1.00 6 8 10:00 08:12 151 157 130
            6 00:09:42 1.00 0 27 09:42 07:29 149 162 124
            7 00:09:59 1.00 47 35 09:59 08:21 148 155 133
            8 00:06:48

Yes Bugs I remember your feet hurting about 3 years ago.

And Vixi,  I think you can beat your 4 hours.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a pretty good distance for a dog, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

When my dog got more than a mile or so from our house, she started getting anxious and pulled back.  I know she had the stamina because as soon as I'd turn around she'd be off in front of me again.  She's just has a few neuroses I guess Smile   Because of this all I could get her to run was maybe 4 miles.  Now she's getting too old.

5.1 miles, 46:43, 9:12/mi, AHR 142 (69% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Non-running day for me. Trying to follow pftiz's plan, even if it is less than I was running before. Thought it would be good for me to start the plan rested. Going to an AWESOME Kickboxing class tonight and know the instructor is going to be evil to me, since I've turned runner and dropped his class; he'll want to show me I'm so tough. Smile

Kim, go to the doc yet?

Bugs

Sounds like a good plan, bugs.  I think the pfitz plan does start slow but it picks up pretty good.

A little chilly (for me) this morning at 24°F, but I was dressed right.  I think my lip went numb though Smile

9.1 miles, 1:13:51, 8:06/mi, AHR 160 (78% MHR)

Pam - you feeling better?

Kim - what'd the doctor say?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Thanks Lou, I do think my legs need a step-back and with Christmas stuff keeping me busy the extra time is good. NICE RUN! Those GA runs do you go by heart rate or effort?

9.11 miles avg pace 8:55. RP kept me going slower and I think this pace is better for the GA runs, just worried about all this faster running. Thought my achilles was bugging me this morning, here I was starting to freeze where my ankle was exposed to the cold. Kick Boxing was fun, surprised at how strong my legs are. I can really kick.

Checkin Pam and Kim. Want to know how you are.

Bugs

Kimmie

Hey you all-

good running Lou and Cash!    Bugs, sounds like a great class.... I love kickboxing but haven't done it in awhile.

I went to see the Dr.   It was good.  I asked her tons of questions.... knowing that someone having a heart attack during a marathon is rare, but it can still freak me out, etc....  She was very encouraging, telling me I seem to be in good health, keep running, etc.... But I had a lot of blood taken and will get the results in a week or so.

I didn't run yesterday b/c of busyness and I wasn't sure if the blood being taken would affect me.  So, today I plan to go out and hopefully convince my RP to run hill repeats.  Smile   I don't really want to, but who really WANTS to run hills?

Dave

Glad to hear the Dr. visit went relatively well, Kim.

Bugs.  My dearest, Bugs.  Please don't over do it.  Achilles tweaks are your body's way of telling you to cut a little of the speed work.  You've been running really well lately.  Don't screw it up.  .

Great run, Lou.  I don't even dream of such runs these days.

Once again, I've let work get the best of me and I had 3 off days in a row.  Forced myself to the gym and onto a treadmill last night around 8PM.  3.5 easy miles. 

I've been getting some wicked chub rub lately.  I'm a couple of pounds heavier but nothing dramatic.  It's like my body has added 5 pounds of fat to the upper part of my inner thighs and I'm trying to scrape it off one mile at a time.

I may have to resort to lycra shorts but that would feel like giving in.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Bugs.  My dearest, Bugs.  Please don't over do it.  Achilles tweaks are your body's way of telling you to cut a little of the speed work.  You've been running really well lately.  Don't screw it up.  .

Re-read, it was NOT achilles it was the start of a frost bite on my ankle. That is what I get for running into the snow bank to poop by a tree. Smile Really burned my skin when taking a shower. But yes, I have been trying to watch the speed. I know I've been cranking it up lately.

Bugs

Kimmie

HILLS!!

It's what's for breakfast!!

Bugs

Go get em Kim.

My Don't List:

1. Don't get injured

2. Don't get sick

3. Don't get pregnant

4. Don't screw up

5. Don't frostnip achilles.